Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

he's going light on it though, the sled weighs about 30kgs and the plate isn't anything much
In this exercise he is working on engaging his core muscles - it isn't about how much weight it is all about just enough weight to load enough to make controlling the up and down a thoughtful exercise - you try doing controlled core engagement exercises - sans any weight holding positions all the way down and all the way up slowly very very slowly - and see how you go.

Pilates type exercise - change my life- for the better and added 20 meters to my drives and one less Club length on mid to high irons - highly recommended!

In this exercise he is working on engaging his core muscles - it isn't about how much weight it is all about just enough weight to load enough to make controlling the up and down a thoughtful exercise - you try doing controlled core engagement exercises - sans any weight holding positions all the way down and all the way up slowly very very slowly - and see how you go.

Pilates type exercise - change my life- for the better and added 20 meters to my drives and one less Club length on mid to high irons - highly recommended!
don't doubt it, it's the main reason Simpson had such a long and relatively injury free career. just used to seeing the power sled used for power exercise, not control

don't doubt it, it's the main reason Simpson had such a long and relatively injury free career. just used to seeing the power sled used for power exercise, not control
The biggest 'mistake' people make in training is thinking muscles are designed for on-off type work - the so-called power lift - when in fact muscles are designed for sinusoidal type work - engaging and disengaging following a steady sine curve type level of activity ( think fat bell curve) - the real test of efficiency and the type of strength required in repeat performance is ability to maintain required levels of muscle engagement and load whilst keeping good form - and not straining other connective tissue.

McGovern will never be a 'cut' type athlete - his body morphic is tuned for flexibility - this is why he can jump so well and move so quickly. His problem has been (IMO) the collateral damage to his body of the upper spinal injury he suffered his first pre-season with us - a collision type injury to the spine is no laughing matter - took him more than a year to get back to being able to load as he needs to in order to fit enough to just train and play.

People bagging him because of his weight - are referencing what he looked like 2 years ago - his hamstring injuries occurred because the bloke was trying too hard. Hopefully he can maintain fitness - he is a weapon and one of our best field kicks.

Giving up golf - changed my life - for the better and added 20% improvement to my Zen levels - highly recommended!

:p

The biggest 'mistake' people make in training is thinking muscles are designed for on-off type work - the so-called power lift - when in fact muscles are designed for sinusoidal type work - engaging and disengaging following a steady sine curve type level of activity ( think fat bell curve) - the real test of efficiency and the type of strength required in repeat performance is ability to maintain required levels of muscle engagement and load whilst keeping good form - and not straining other connective tissue.

McGovern will never be a 'cut' type athlete - his body morphic is tuned for flexibility - this is why he can jump so well and move so quickly. His problem has been (IMO) the collateral damage to his body of the upper spinal injury he suffered his first pre-season with us - a collision type injury to the spine is no laughing matter - took him more than a year to get back to being able to load as he needs to in order to fit enough to just train and play.

People bagging him because of his weight - are referencing what he looked like 2 years ago - his hamstring injuries occurred because the bloke was trying too hard. Hopefully he can maintain fitness - he is a weapon and one of our best field kicks.
Nice observations...:thumbsu:

Mc Govern was carrying that hammy well before he arrived at Carlton,he had many issues with that hammy,so am assuming they might have reattached some tendon back to the bone with some anchors or perhaps repaired some scar tissue as well,which was obviously possibly reinjured a few times,it was possible a bit of both was completed...

Gov very flexible and generates pace immediately also as a leap off the ground..i think he is also quite quick and seen him cover huge amounts of ground,he does it running from defense onto a wing or even forward ,he also used to run all the way into to defend as a forward..

if we make finals and win big...he can help.....same with any AFL player,never any guarantees ,sometimes not good to get too close such a volatile sport and the horrific injuries we see pretty much every time they take the field

Gov is actually important for us and so is Mbank.......however Mbank even has a weaker track record than Gov
am thinking Gov makes it back pretty much full time,maybe with wisely some management
Mbank tho am thinking will be managed at least for a good while....both of these guys could be A graders,i guess time to be patient yet again!

Last edited:
Giving up golf - changed my life - for the better and added 20% improvement to my Zen levels - highly recommended!

:p
golf lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please...get a grip Elmer.

Let Crippa play a final before declaring his asencion over a dual brownlow, six time all Australian, Norm Smith winning, premiership winning captain.

* me...
strapping

Let Crippa play a final before declaring his asencion over a dual brownlow, six time all Australian, Norm Smith winning, premiership winning captain.

* me...
Pretty imposing CV, you forget a bit with time, however a lot of that was achieved by 25 including 2 WCE B&F's as well.

3 Carlton B&F's, a 2nd brownlow and a couple of those later AA gongs back half of his career is not a bad haul either. Gun.

Pretty imposing CV, you forget a bit with time, however a lot of that was achieved by 25 including 2 WCE B&F's as well.

3 Carlton B&F's, a 2nd brownlow and a couple of those later AA gongs back half of his career is not a bad haul either. Gun.
The single handedly* beating Richmond on one leg in a final from goals down bit was good too.

*plus Nick ******* Duigan

* me...

I am talking about his career and legacy at Carlton Kram Judd is a legend of footy obviously, but as a Carlton person, Cripps and his loyalty, longevity and overall accessibility as a Blue Bagger I consider him more as a Carlton champion than Judd.

Let's not try ride on most of the Judd coattails that he achieved at West Coast.

I am talking about his career and legacy at Carlton Kram Judd is a legend of footy obviously, but as a Carlton person, Cripps and his loyalty, longevity and overall accessibility as a Blue Bagger I consider him more as a Carlton champion than Judd.

Let's not try ride on most of the Judd coattails that he achieved at West Coast.
I respectfully retract.

Nope, Cripps has gone way past Juddy, even before his brownlow win.
The conversation was about elastoplast.

I'm not entering any arguments about which player is better. I find those arguments to be very circular, subjective and pointless.

I have to agree with this. But I find it ironic the a native Western Australian lad is more of a Carlton champ than a native Victorian who originally made his name in the West.

Checks contract status......signed to end of 2023....now we know why he is doing the hard yards, contract year :handok:

if he has a very good year do people think he'll stay for unders or take the biggest offer.....:think:

Definitely an incentive laden contract with a lowish base, keep athlete fit and stay on the park and reap the rewards.

The club can’t be locked into a contract where most of it is guaranteed and I doubt they’ll offer him that even if he plays 20+ games in 2023

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Definitely an incentive laden contract with a lowish base, keep athlete fit and stay on the park and reap the rewards.

The club can’t be locked into a contract where most of it is guaranteed and I doubt they’ll offer him that even if he plays 20+ games in 2023

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Spot on, like yr proposal , it’s effective management and high time for Gov , Williams and Martin or any other non performing player, when appropriate.
The club shouldn’t restrict its options with a guarantee term, and certainly not at ridiculously high based remuneration.
Ive full confidence in Nick Austin and team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back