VFLW Game Day 2022 VFLW Finals - Grand Final vs Southern Saints - Essendon wins the flag! šŸ†

Remove this Banner Ad

GRAND FINAL vs Southern Saints
Teams for the 2022 VFLW Grand Finalā€¦

Played this Sunday 12:15pm at ETU Stadium (North Port Oval) - FREE ENTRY - Forecast of a cloudy day and 13 degrees.

TV - Channel 7 (and AFL.com.au)
Radio - WARFRadio.com (from 11am) and 89.1FM at the ground

ESSENDON
B21. A. Morcom45. B. Clarke
HB13. E. Hosking14. D. Marshall16. T. Crook
C1. C. Ugle5. G. Nanscawen9. M.Anthony
HF22. N. MacDonald44. G. Dicker26. J. Doonan
F4. M. Clifford24. R. Tierney
R30. S.Nalder28. A. Barba42. J. Zanchetta
INT8. E. Ashley-Cooper18. K. Heil23. A. Radford
17. F.Frew20. C. McIntosh
EMG15. L.Caruso7. J. Davies19. N. Julian
43. O. DiDonato10. E. Cornish46. G. Elarmaly
40. D Ryan
INSNil
OUTSNil
SOUTHERN SAINTS
B35. I. Gentile4. D. Jolliffe
HB6. G. McLean16. A. Hynes26. C. Saultry
C50. C. Ryan5. M. Capsalis9. W. Laing
HF19. O. Flanagan23. T. Kearns24. K. Ripari
F39. G. De Angelis1. C. Slater
R22. S. Black11. H. Stuart25. R. Neaves
INT32. G. Buchan53. P. Staltari33. O. Robinson
12. N. Cormack34. C. Keohane
EMG8. E, Nixon36. K. Prendergast31. A. Peck
57. B. Enno
INSNil
OUTSNil

We dropped the ones that have been recruited elsewhere (off the top of my head thatā€™s just Sarah Ford in round 3).

I think itā€™s culture building to have half our currently signed AFLW players playing and the other half around the group.

Itā€™s a winning culture that people want to be a part of, and there is massive buy in that we are going all the way to the premiership this year.

As far as preseason is concerned:

I guess if you only have a couple of AFLW players in your VFLW team itā€™s easier to pull them out instead of modifying loads too.

But most of ours have been here for years trying to build a program and a culture and a brand. Pulling them out of it when theyā€™re so close to the ultimate goal is verging on cruel if thereā€™s a reasonable alternative.

I think CrowdedHouse mentioned we had about 1500-2000 there today.

He also said something about Port Melbourne being told to cater for about 500-800 for the granny a fortnight from now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Might need to double it, and double it again
I believe he also said something along the lines of, "If you're an Essendon supporter and you don't get along to the GF, you have no heart, you have no soul. In fact you're a Carlton supporter." OOOF!!!šŸ˜‚

CrowdedHouse would you know if we are capped at 10 AFLW signed players for finals, and does it include the ones we signed recently or only the ones on lists in season 6?

Curious if that might be the reason Bella Ayre missed today and perhaps why we havenā€™t signed as many as we might have

CrowdedHouse would you know if we are capped at 10 AFLW signed players for finals, and does it include the ones we signed recently or only the ones on lists in season 6?

Curious if that might be the reason Bella Ayre missed today and perhaps why we havenā€™t signed as many as we might have

It's if the played AFLW in season 6.

They've rested Bella Ayre in the finals, as they felt (due to missing most of the VFLW pre-season) it was better to work on her conditioning ahead of the AFLW season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be taking the car next weekend to the AFL game then staying until late Sunday. What's the best way to get to North Port via car? Park nearby or park at a station and get public transport to the ground?
Park near the ground. There is decent parking in a few of the side streets :thumbsu:

So the Saints it is then. I watched a half and a bit, only on and off as I'm watching the Suns match. Saints seemed to have the game under control from the get go.

Should be a cracking game next week. Saints have been fairly consistent all year, without relying on AFLW listed players as far as I'm aware.

Please tell me it's not a twighlight GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back