• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you like to put some money on that?
I'm up for it....Gollant and/or Cook will be very able replacements for MKcAdam..

Is this either are able replacements for McAdam or we're not going to replace McAdam and instead change the role to do something else?

Because those are different things, and I'd definitely put money on the latter. Whilst both are certainly capable - we've never treated either as a replacement, nor have we ever tried to replace McAdam when we've lost him with a like-for-like.

there's not really anybody in our best 23-24 that is close to dropping out to fit in guys like Gollant, Cook or Dowling. Murphy gets dropped every year, but they can never leave him out for too long. Everyone else safe as houses till 2025.

Typically we do see some change, but I do agree that most of the change will be who is recruited to the club and not from our depth chart. For instance, if we don't go tall, we'll probably see whoever we pick at #9-12 as a likely round 1 starter. Ditto if we pick up a 23-24 year old SPP/rookie pick.

That said, Berry is the most likely of our depth players now to come into the best 22. We've had a lot of love for him as a prospect, and a bit like Jones and Schoenberg, we probably won't take long to bring him back if he has a good preseason. Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling might also have a good shot, especially if we look at adding to our outside midfield stocks, Jones is still injured and if we see any of them as a long-term inside midfielder. Rest I'm not confident on being anything other than injury cover.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Hamill is still playing competitive football is a pretty good argument for negligence on our (and his) part.

Back