Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duursma is an Isaac Smith type. Now I've officially read it all :drunk:

Something about the look of Duursma ……… has those triangle eyes determination look about him. Not knowing the character of the boys that will be available but based on our recent picks it’s a big factor behind who we choose!

Big Game Zane was unstoppable for much of this one, especially in the third with his chest puffed out and a confident strut up as he dominated the forward 50 in a way rarely seen. I was very disappointed in his last champs game, but Shifter mentioned he was struggling with an injury. Today we got a real taste of what he might bring at the next level.

Big Game Zane was unstoppable for much of this one, especially in the third with his chest puffed out and a confident strut up as he dominated the forward 50 in a way rarely seen. I was very disappointed in his last champs game, but Shifter mentioned he was struggling with an injury. Today we got a real taste of what he might bring at the next level.

There's that killer instinct we were looking for.

Haven’t seen much of Duursma, but from the write ups and small snippets I’ve seen is there a risk he turns out to be a Hoskin Elliot?
Fades out of games a lot. Plays one great game out of four. Hopefully he gets some consistency, with this type of form.

Not sure I'd have a lot of faith in him yet.

For us in order, I'd have Watto, McKercher, Curtin in front of him. Caddy and Duursma at that third tier for myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol people are writing off Caddy after 1 poor game and abit of a attitude. So what, You think Sicily was a choir boy in his early career? Caddy has kicked multiple goals in nearly every game this year and handled himself quite well in Carltons vfl squad. Durrsma and A.Reid play 1 good game and are bring touted as a better fwd option than Caddy? Consistent performances are being overlooked here

If the biggest knock on Watson is his height, here’s a question -

If you were told Watson would go on to be as good/influential as Caleb Daniels (I know they play different roles), would you be willing to take him at pick 3 ? Comparison only being made because of their similar heights.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldnt use pick 3 on either. 🤔

We need someone that can demand (and win the ball ) at CHF.

We also need someone to take advantage of that ball if the contest is halved.

Our forward line doesn’t generate any fear in opposition coaching boxes and we need to change that.

Surely one of Curtain / Caddy / Watson addresses one of those needs?
We need to pick the best player available and address any list deficiency through other means.

Back