AFL 2023 Brownlow,Battle of the Bulls

Remove this Banner Ad

Also another early round roughie (I anecdotally think early rounds throw up more surprises - I normally start off bad and then come home flying, by mid season the umps are in full “prime mid gets 3 votes” mode)

Liam Baker v Adelaide, $23 B365

25 disposals, 1 goal, 7 score involvements (=2nd most for Richmond). Winning side. Some reasonable vote history taking into account his role (polls alright when he’s had good stats games, obviously doesn’t poll consistently when he’s played a lot of back pocket/forward flanker).

Other possibles:
Laird - 39 disposals, poor polling history in comparison to stats, losing side

Taranto - 28 disposals, not a standout game for him stats wise, 63% DE

Hopper - best on for coaches, 23 disposals, 1 goal, playing an outside mid role.

Hopper was best on clearly 1st half but drifted away, Crows came back. Baker was consistent throughout.

Edit: Taking Hopper $7 & Baker $23 at very limited amounts on B365 - campaigners
$41 on Ladbrokes with the markets that just opened

My little smoky, should poll 4 at least maybe 5. Also Betr have it at like 3.20. So it may have been mispriced imo.

The others wont get more than 3 max 4 imo. So if it's a draw it's still $3 return.
View attachment 1813204

Can I ask what games you have him polling in? I prefer Jamie Cripps for that one.

Eagles votes for me:
Rnd 2: Kelly 3 Waterman 2 Shuey 1
Rnd 12: D.Sheed 1.5 (Naicos 3, Mihocek 1.5)
Rnd 16: Shuey 0.5 (Owens 3 Marshall 2 Sinclair 0.5)
Rnd 20: Kelly 2.5 (LDU 2.5), Cripps 0.5 Curtis 0.5
Rnd 21: Kelly 2.5 (Langford/Parish/Merrett the rest - probably 3. Langford 2. Kelly 1. Parish)
Rnd 22: Cripps 3 Kelly 2 (Bontempelli 1)

He won’t poll round 8 or 18 I’d think( multiple Richmond mids had disposals + goals) round 10 (116 pt loss), and non factor in all other games.

Kelly 9-10
Cripps 4
Waterman 2
Sheed 2
Shuey 2

Can I ask what games you have him polling in? I prefer Jamie Cripps for that one.

Eagles votes for me:
Rnd 21: Kelly 2.5 (Langford/Parish/Merrett the rest - probably 3. Langford 2. Kelly 1. Parish)

He won’t poll round 8 or 18 I’d think( multiple Richmond mids had disposals + goals) round 10 (116 pt loss), and non factor in all other games.

Kelly 9-10
Cripps 4
Waterman 2
Sheed 2
Shuey 2
I also like Cripps at West Coast, the 3 in Round 22 might be enough.

Eagles votes for me:

Kelly 9-10
Cripps 4
Waterman 2
Sheed 2
Shuey 2
Cripps may not even get the 3 for his 5 goal game. Bont/Kelly/Treloar are chances for that game.

Sheed could poll for me in 10 (1 or 2) ,12 (1-3) and 20 (maybe 1).

Sheed could get 3 at worst for me. Cripps at best 3.

Some Essendon 3 vote bets I like

Draper round 5 - $6 365 and Lads
Was a scrappy game and he had equal top coaches votes. Was most influential based on the eye test and had 3 goals.

Rozee round 8 - $5 Lads
Second best on per AFLCA and had a goal in the last quarter to go with it. Butters was probably best on but good value here with Rozee

Bolton round 10 - $9 365
I had him best on until the last few minutes where we stole a game we should have lost. Merrett won the medal though so it’s a long shot especially if the umps vote after the presentation

Caldwell round 13 - $13 PB
16 and a goal in the second half. We won the game in the third quarter and the first half was a boring slog

Zak Butters Under (+28.5)
Patrick Cripps Over (+16.5)
Jack Sinclair Over (+17.5)
Connor Rozee Over (+22.5)
Christian Petracca Over (+27.5)
Nick Daicos Over (+29.5)
Caleb Serong Over (+23.5)
Tim Taranto Over (+23.5)

@120

Nick Daicos Over (+29.5)
Tim Taranto Over (+23.5)

@120

tailed and

flame thrower fire GIF

Nick Daicos Over (+29.5)
Tim Taranto Over (+23.5)

@120

Is this based on line price?

Bet365 offering most of these @1.70ish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday all

Have had a stack of PMs from posters asking whether I'm putting up my count this year. As I said after last year's count, I didn't feel inclined to do a lot of work for free, when some posters decided to throw a lot of s**t my way (none of who had the balls to come back after). I do this for fun and have done really well over the years, so don't need rubbish from it.

Interestingly, my count landed a $251 BYO on SB, which anyone could have landed if they followed it.
I may revisit it next year but not this year. Really appreciate those who offered to donate to Beyond Blue in return for my count, that's something I'm really keen to support and considered on that basis but will hold this year

FWIW, I think Petracca is overs tonight and those backing Butters at $5 are brave, for a bloke who has polled 6 career votes - Rozee will take votes there. Best of luck to all tonight and hope you all make some good money.

Cheers
TJM
Thanks for contribution of the years , been superb , hope you are back next year. Famous saying applies I believe " A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep". Or more simply f**k the haters !

Cripps may not even get the 3 for his 5 goal game. Bont/Kelly/Treloar are chances for that game.

Sheed could poll for me in 10 (1 or 2) ,12 (1-3) and 20 (maybe 1).

Sheed could get 3 at worst for me. Cripps at best 3.

As it is I’ve hedged across Sheed/Shuey/Waterman/Cripps to ensure BE on Shuey, profit on the other 3, across the varied odds books give

I havent bet as much this year, Each year I just end up shaking my head and wishing they would take the votes off of the umpires. They always throw a massive curveball
Cripps getting 3 votes in a 5 goal loss to the Crows last year was special.

Nick Daicos Over (+29.5)
Tim Taranto Over (+23.5)

@120
Think Serong might be the risky leg but Ill tail it at that price. Got odds of $100.48

I like Petracca Over 27.5, Butters Under 28.5, Gulden Under 23.5, Serong Under 23.5. Odds: $11.74 with a Bet Refund if 1 leg Fails.

I tried to avoid the Brownlow odds all season and was surprised Butters was as short as he was come the end of the season. I only really started noticing him around 2nd half of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back