Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Steeles performance, will give him another week before pulling the trigger.

But god oath, I’m thinking of getting in Caleb Daniel (low BE) and get in Serong the nsxt week.

Someone tsk me out of it ?!
season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Hope that's enough of a tsking for you!

Greenwood - Brayshaw
Worpel - 834k or less
Atkins - 200k (Maric or Fahey)

Options which make sense are Neale or maybe Keays for the cash grab.

Do we think Keays stays in midfield this week? Note he is named on extended bench but its either him or Soligo through the middle?

Greenwood - Brayshaw
Worpel - 834k or less

Do we think Keays stays in midfield this week? Note he is named on extended bench but its either him or Soligo through the middle?
I think it's an imponderable unless you are part of the game's committee at the Crows - could go either way I reckon.

Greenwood - Brayshaw
Worpel - 834k or less

Why not both? Sloane rarely plays more than about 40-50% in there, Laird/Dawson are about 75% each, so between those three you've got 2.0/3.0 rotations. Leaves 100% CBA to be split between Keays, Rachele, Pedlar, Soligo. Pedlar seems steady on about 20-25% at the moment, almost directly stepping up a bit as Rachele steps back. So the two of them are probably 30-35% tops on recent trends. Leaves 65-70% for Keays/Soligo to fill.

No Berry, Crouch, Schoenberg opens it up. Only 6 games has that happened this year. The first 2 of them Rachele got the 60-70% role, then Keays got one (tagging Daicos), then one where it was shared between about 6 blokes (Soligo 44% the highest), then Keays the beneficiary last two.

Why not both? Sloane rarely plays more than about 40-50% in there, Laird/Dawson are about 75% each, so between those three you've got 2.0/3.0 rotations. Leaves 100% CBA to be split between Keays, Rachele, Pedlar, Soligo. Pedlar seems steady on about 20-25% at the moment, almost directly stepping up a bit as Rachele steps back. So the two of them are probably 30-35% tops on recent trends. Leaves 65-70% for Keays/Soligo to fill.

No Berry, Crouch, Schoenberg opens it up. Only 6 games has that happened this year. The first 2 of them Rachele got the 60-70% role, then Keays got one (tagging Daicos), then one where it was shared between about 6 blokes (Soligo 44% the highest), then Keays the beneficiary last two.
Well assuming I am locked into Brayshaw this week (who I see as a greater priority than say Neale) then I can only afford to bring in either Neale or Keays.

1686285553385.png

Team for reference. Sharp as utility.

If I bring in Keays and Brayshaw, will move Sheezel to DEF.

Well assuming I am locked into Brayshaw this week (who I see as a greater priority than say Neale) then I can only afford to bring in either Neale or Keays.

View attachment 1708012

Team for reference. Sharp as utility.

If I bring in Keays and Brayshaw, will move Sheezel to DEF.
Sorry, I meant why not both in terms of Keays/Soligo both playing mids.

I'd go Neale. Enough options arose last night for a lower risk cash grab than Keays next week with the benefit of playing 2x games instead of one.

Sorry, I meant why not both in terms of Keays/Soligo both playing mids.

I'd go Neale. Enough options arose last night for a lower risk cash grab than Keays next week with the benefit of playing 2x games instead of one.
I missed the game last night due to being on a flight.

Did Windhager look okay? Looks like he started well but faded a bit after qtr time. Role was there?

With Steeles performance, will give him another week before pulling the trigger.

But god oath, I’m thinking of getting in Caleb Daniel (low BE) and get in Serong the nsxt week.

Someone talk me out of it ?!
Caleb Daniel isn’t being talked about enough as an option. His bye is the obvious sticking point but his last 6 scores is top 6 fwd/def quality

Whats the sudden interest in windhager? Awkwardly priced to bring in at this stage in the season and has had 3x under 30 scores

avg 53 in non sub games last year, mainly playing as a rotation fwd. 84, 33, 78, 84 in the 4 games he had >25% CBAs last year (when tagging inside - 71% in those 4).

the 3x 30 this year were sub games. Take them out and he averages 55. First 3 of the non sub games weren't in a CBA role. With Clark out & his outstanding VFL form, he's come in to play a rotational CBA role. Throw in his numbers last year, natural improvement you'd hope, and having the role again - priced at 40, if he goes at 65 for the next month he's 100k up, covering the fwd slots thru the hard byes.

I think if he gets a prolonged run at it he'll be a 65-75 guy in this role, maybe more. I'm a fan if he tidies up the kicking.

avg 53 in non sub games last year, mainly playing as a rotation fwd. 84, 33, 78, 84 in the 4 games he had >25% CBAs last year (when tagging inside - 71% in those 4).

the 3x 30 this year were sub games. Take them out and he averages 55. First 3 of the non sub games weren't in a CBA role. With Clark out & his outstanding VFL form, he's come in to play a rotational CBA role. Throw in his numbers last year, natural improvement you'd hope, and having the role again - priced at 40, if he goes at 65 for the next month he's 100k up, covering the fwd slots thru the hard byes.

I think if he gets a prolonged run at it he'll be a 65-75 guy in this role, maybe more. I'm a fan if he tidies up the kicking.

I'll add his VFL average is 116

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Gilmore Girls gif - well done sir!
Ah the memories of two daughters growing up with this show - wife thinks that Gawn advert where he says "oh Rory!" is one of the sweetest things she's seen - obviously I'm not sweet enough:tearsofjoy:

Anyone want to sell me on why Judson Clarke isn't a solid pick this week?
His BE is very good for memory, he's a clean user generally.

Last edited:
Thinking:

Greenwood -> Brayshaw
Ziebell -> Serong
Sheezel -> Judson Clarke (273k left) OR Atkins -> Clarke (48k) left

If I go Sheezel out, I'd be a man short in defence this week (well, Chesser would be D6). And Atkins, if selected, is much more helpful for me next week and R15. And less likely to leak coin.

Other option is I could go Neale/Hayden Young over Serong, which would mean I can turn Judson Clarke into Yeo, Tarryn, Ward or Himmelberg, which helps the defence a little as my lack of keepers back there is a little bit of an issue.

Or I could do a 'non-traditional' play, and trade in Jordan Dawson in place of Serong, above. I only have Laird, Daicos, Merrett, Day, Keays, JVR on the bye next week, and Day probably goes out anyway - so carrying an extra premium through it wouldn't be too bad. Against conventional wisdom, but the idea of getting a lock and loaded top 8 guy instead of someone who might be (/ might require a trade down the line like a Serong/Neale) almost feels worth it.

Ah god, Clarke's a R15 guy isn't he. Wires crossed, thought he was a 14.

I reckon I can afford to pick up a round 15 guy, though. If I trade out the 3 roos guys as planned, I've only got Cincotta, Green, Butters, Wardlaw, English, Taranto, Rozee left.

Then only Laird, Keays, JVR, Daicos, Day, Merrett next week. Bye 1 and 2 I was heavier on than most.

Cincotta, Wardlaw seem like logical tradeouts that week. But there's no clear third. So can afford to take a flier and trade the flier out if they suck.

Probably means a Ward/Himmelberg/Tarryn Thomas play isn't the worst shout either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back