CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Playing 8th and 11th. Wouldn’t say it’s tricky I’d say if we aren’t 3-0 with a healthy percentage than I’d be disappointed.
Despite being 8th and 11th those teams always start the year as top 4 fancies, first few weeks the ladder hasnt shaken out yet.
Port played really well at the Gabba Round 1 but went on to be 0-5.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking forward to Dunks getting the 3 brownlow votes in a big win while all the bulldog numpties from the D&T board leave at half time

Don't be surprised if Sam Power is a surprise inclusion for the Bulldogs team that week and turns out to be the match winner.

Thus completing his trilogy of owning us.

We'll think twice next time before messing with him.....

Thomasno

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You would have to think that North must be our 6th double up so maybe the other 5 might be quite tough.

Geelong had both West Coast and North last year I think so were pretty lucky there but it didn’t seem to hurt their chances getting an easier draw. In fact it probably helped them by being able to manage their players well.

No one was expecting WCE to literally drop off a cliff though, so it was just luck that they got both bottom teams as double ups (North would’ve been their “easy” one)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
No one was expecting WCE to literally drop off a cliff though, so it was just luck that they got both bottom teams as double ups (North would’ve been their “easy” one)
Erm…
B9206641-F54A-4382-A271-3CAE9BA4C654.jpeg

Nah, I did a forum search.

Also, I don't have enough space on my phone with all the videos and photos of our daughter.

I feel you. My phone is full of dog pics
20221206_065555.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flossie32

Team Captain
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One positive is at least we’re the only afl team playing on that ground. With bad weather you can only imagine what AO will be like by the time Collingwood and St Kilda play there.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bullshit we‘re the only game at that shithole

Better get extra MCG games or Friday night games as a trade off
Its an utter joke that one of the best teams in the comp is reduced to playing at this backwater or at least not even playing at Norwood - no idea what that ground is like but at least it holds sanfl footy i guess.

Then to be even further insulting - i think - they call it "gather round" - i probably cant convey or articulately say it right, but the afl's continued attempts at these indigenous related terms / events is in poor taste if you ask me and has an element of mocking their rites

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought Daniher was great till he did his shoulder. Was a different player for the remainder of the year.

Hipwood worked his way into the season quite nicely. I don't think the progression was ever going to be linear coming back from an ACL.

Only one way to prove the doubters wrong though.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
Its an utter joke that one of the best teams in the comp is reduced to playing at this backwater or at least not even playing at Norwood - no idea what that ground is like but at least it holds sanfl footy i guess.

Then to be even further insulting - i think - they call it "gather round" - i probably cant convey or articulately say it right, but the afl's continued attempts at these indigenous related terms / events is in poor taste if you ask me and has an element of mocking their rites
Patronising could be the word you're looking for?

Back