List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wont matter what they pay him..

The AFL secret herbs and spices FA bullshit will manufacture band 1 compo for North.
Meanwhile we got band three for Crouch despite being the wooden spooners.

And then they wonder why we don't bother attending games anymore.

Meanwhile we got band three for Crouch despite being the wooden spooners.

And then they wonder why we don't bother attending games anymore.
AND then stopped us from taking on a St Kilda player' salary to help the saints offer more money for Brad..whilst happily allowing Geelong to benefit from a salary dump that came with pick 7 from a club the AFL have had to gift PP's to

AND then stopped us from taking on a St Kilda player' salary to help the saints offer more money for Brad..whilst happily allowing Geelong to benefit from a salary dump that came with pick 7 from a club the AFL have had to gift PP's to
Those things make it look unfair, but you need to understand that the most important thing to the AFL, when assessing fairness, is what the AFL wants.

The AFL wanted to help the Suns fix their cap problem.

The AFL wants North to not be so terrible.

The AFL wants Brisbane to succeed, because they are in QLD.

The AFL doesn’t have any interest in helping us, or for example the historically bad Weagles, because we serve up reliable viewers, decent crowds, don’t complain, and aren’t broke.

The only sensible way to think about the AFL and all it’s rules is cynically - they are not there for fairness, they are there to give the appearance of fairness, but will be bent or disregarded if it suits them.

Those things make it look unfair, but you need to understand that the most important thing to the AFL, when assessing fairness, is what the AFL wants.

The AFL wanted to help the Suns fix their cap problem.

The AFL wants North to not be so terrible.

The AFL wants Brisbane to succeed, because they are in QLD.

The AFL doesn’t have any interest in helping us, or for example the historically bad Weagles, because we serve up reliable viewers, decent crowds, don’t complain, and aren’t broke.
The Eagles to this point in the season have the third worst win/loss record for over 50 years, but, to my knowledge, have not held out their hand to the AFL for assistance. North, on the other hand, were in the same position as the Crows 3 years ago, got more assistance(not hard given the Crows got zero) & yet the Crows are on the up year on year since then & North are barely treading water. It's their own fault & yet they have no hesitation in getting the begging bowl out - again!!!

Pretty harsh, we missed out on someone who wasn’t our greatest need and potentially would have cost a heap.

Yeah, but we are high level irrelevant when it comes to plucking a player out of a Melbourne club. You must agree with that? Just reminded me ins very overt way that we are a long way behind in any conversation for vic based talent.

I’m ok with the result. We need a midfielder more than a really good half back flanker. The upside was the possibility of getting that upgrade of our list for free.

Actually, I think we also need a ruck that can help our mids … that can add more than just being the biggest guy on our team. Would everyone be against Grundy? I would take him happily into our 22. That’s another discussion …

My head has accepted that we are maybe 3 or 4 years away from really pushing for a premiership … So plenty of time to fix our problems around coaches, coaching and the list holes.

AND, there is every chance that they will be taking the guys we want - so with pick 6 we end up with none of the top end mids
North have quite a bit of midfield talent now after bringing in Phillips, Wardlaw and Sheezel recently to go with LDU and Sympkin. I would think they would be targeting a forward or defender with their early pick/s. But yes if they do get access to Sanders then that is removing one of the options for us at our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said he was thinking about leaving before Brad Scott came in and settled the place, so could be as simple as here's a guy who wants to leave, hits some of the KPI's we're looking for, mid 20's, FA, links to SA, so offer him a fair contract and we could get him, but not a guy who is so good that you'd suddenly start getting into an arms race contract wise to grab him.

Generally teams get into targets way earlier than it's every reported, so I imagine we started talking with him well before the season actually started.
Yeah fair enough. And then the media has blown it out of proportion to report that we are offering 6 years at big coin. Would make sense if it was his manager that was leaking all this to try and bump up his offer from Essendon.

North have quite a bit of midfield talent now after bringing in Phillips, Wardlaw and Sheezel recently to go with LDU and Sympkin. I would think they would be targeting a forward or defender with their early pick/s. But yes if they do get access to Sanders then that is removing one of the options for us at our pick.
Opposite and what you say makes sense, but it seems they are locked on to McKercher and will pair him with Sanders - so they will have a bunch of top end mids and not address their glaring list holes with a guy like Curtin say

The type of player Yeo is would be a good fit for us

It’s just a matter of if he can stay on the park, would need to be cheap as chips
But bringing in an injury prone 30 year old taking up a midfield space from either one of our drafted youngsters this year or at the expense of really going in to try for a Flanders type say to me is the wrong way about it

Its fxxkn ridiculous..

The incompetence of this league knows no bounds.. its run by amateurism fxxksticks.

Giving North access to more draftees isnt going to help them one single bit. They need mature bodies.

They will get pick 3 to add to their pick 2 one way or another, the AFL will see to it, and they will probably take the two best mids available at that pick which
compromises/weakens the draft for teams down the bottom but just above them.

Then they will end up with a whole heap of young mids that they dont have enough positions on the field to find spots for so they will have to play them out of position (pissing those players off) and, if these lads end up being guns, they wont have the salary cap to keep them all..

Its GWS and the Suns dilemma all over again… the other top Vic clubs will rape and pillage them.

The dickheads create more longterm issues than the short term ones they think they solve.

Here’s the solution..

Get rid of North altogether.. start reducing the amount of sides based in Victoria.. especially the pissant one’s..

But bringing in an injury prone 30 year old taking up a midfield space from either one of our drafted youngsters this year or at the expense of really going in to try for a Flanders type say to me is the wrong way about it
Yep. Look for that 24-27 year old that can help our list profile , play 80% of games and contribute in a few areas

Its fxxkn ridiculous..

The incompetence of this league knows no bounds.. its run by amateurism fxxksticks.

Giving North access to more draftees isnt going to help them one single bit. They need mature bodies.

They will get pick 3 to add to their pick 2 one way or another, the AFL will see to it, and they will probably take the two best mids available at that pick which
compromises/weakens the draft for teams down the bottom but just above them.

Then they will end up with a whole heap of young mids that they dont have enough positions on the field to find spots for so they will have to play them out of position (pissing those players off) and, if these lads end up being guns, they wont have the salary cap to keep them all..

Its GWS and the Suns dilemma all over again… the other top Vic clubs will rape and pillage them.

The dickheads create more longterm issues than the short term ones they think they solve.

Here’s the solution..

Get rid of North altogether.. start reducing the amount of sides based in Victoria.. especially the pissant one’s..
I think a possible solution is to increase their salary cap for 5 years so they can poach quality players by outbidding anyone else. Then they can work out how they can manage their cap in the mid to longer term after the 5 years comes to an end. Leave the draft alone as the other bottom sides need that top end talent too and north already will have pick 2 in this draft

I’d obviously look at a Flanders type first

But it’d be better to give him midfield time rather than having Sloane or Keays run through there

As long as whatever young mids of ours end up leapfrogging Yeo in the CBA pecking order once they become better players

Not bothered with Redman. Not what we need.

Hopefully Crows are putting together a godfather deal for a bluechip mid.

If we go to the draft with our picks it would be extremely disappointing.

There doesn’t seem to be any blue chip mids about. I would hope our first rounder is used by us for a mid. Seems like a couple of options likely to be around our pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On another board, an eagles poster mentioned there is a rumor about Yeo to crows? Injury prone, will be 30 next year....why?

Why wouldn't we have a dip? As long as it's not at a silly price, he's worth a nibble.

Probably him and McGovern (as a truly elite key defender when fit) the only Eagles veteran who i think would actually be worth a look. Shuey/NicNat injury cooked, Sheed objectively not very good, Hurn too old/cliff coming, Gaff is past it, Darling uninspiring and no need with Tex.

Yeo's had his battles with injury no doubt, and at times looked like he was done, but the stretch mid year before the latest one showed he wasn't. Came straight back in, into the guts, and was clearly a class above and 90% of the player he was when he was an all-australian mid.

Good size, strong, powerful, good mark, gets the ball from inside to out, physical, solid kick. It's all things Keays already does for us but with much better kicking/decisions, better ball winning/burst, but a little weaker gut running/spread. Would instantly make us much better, and worst case he's injured and we're no worse off. And once the cliff comes, he's proven himself a very useful defender and could probably get a couple of extra years there, too. I'd love him. I'd love McGovern more.

I think a possible solution is to increase their salary cap for 5 years so they can poach quality players by outbidding anyone else. Then they can work out how they can manage their cap in the mid to longer term after the 5 years comes to an end. Leave the draft alone as the other bottom sides need that top end talent too and north already will have pick 2 in this draft
Quid Pro Quo

You want this you move to Tassie full time and you will be given compensation out the wazoo - say no and life gets difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back