List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Young Arthur Jones is a beauty Re-Signed earlier in the year club loves him. If the rumours are true makes no sense why we are even interested in Henry
Apparently the Saints are interested in Henry too. May end up there instead.

It's really obvious listening to JL that Henry not signing is because of spending time at Peel. The actual ****? Where do you get that sort of entitlement from playing like he did prior to about 7 weeks ago?

Does he have a monstrous ego?
"really obvious"? I don't know about that. It's more an inference you might draw.

I'd say there's be a bit of gamesmanship going on with it all round. No doubt Longmuir would be tailoring a message. Colin Young has spun his message along the journey too re opportunity.

Remembering that Rozee was a forward originally and has transitioned into after arguably a couple of "not quite there" (2020,2021) years. If we can create that out of an existing player that will be a lot faster.

Matt Johnson might have been down recent games but he has that kind of Rozee profile - would expect that he is the chosen one atm. I always felt though that he is more the complementary player than the primary play-maker, which might be fine with a Serong in there to lead.

Profile-wise Sam Sturt has those same attributes and funnily enough Ross Lyon was having him play wing/midfield in his first year of WAFL (subsequent to the concussions), but Longmuir since favored using him more in a Will Hoskin-Elliott role. I am surprised we haven't explored the originally RTB concept a little more when we haven't needed another forward.
Ysaye you seem very connected with the WAFL watch so thanks so much for your insights , very helpful as I don’t live in Perth so I don’t get to see much young talent other than the odd ones that leave here to have a crack at Claremont Colts .

Anyway I have a question for you on Johnson , it’s been bugging me for a while .
Is his current demeanour normal from what you saw in WAFL ?
He seems edgy , almost unhappy and prone to little dummy spits ?
My observations are finger nail deep so mean nothing but sometimes there is a sense that something isn’t quite right ?

Or from what you can tell is he loving it and developing as well as you’d expect?

Off field behaviour
Fair enough
That’s what we said about Bolton though IIRC but look how he turned out
I’m prepared to roll the dice these days if he’s a gun
What have we got to lose ? ( Bennell immediately jumps to mind 🙄)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the last time we had a player publicly linked to a move all season who actually ended up staying?
Shultz had a bit of interest from Hawks for a bit and stayed.

Darcy has been linked to Geelong a number of times.

The trade media just go to the well all the time. Home state - link, out of contract - story, managed by Colin - gone.

When is the last time we had a player publicly linked to a move all season who actually ended up staying?
Fyfe?
Cox to Adelaide last time he was off contract?
Luke Ryan was said to be leaving last season because he was so close to his family.

This is not to say I don't believe Henry is leaving, I think he had both feet already out the door before he got recalled.

Also I think all the off contract players in recent history that were speculated the entire season as leaving were signed before the season finished.

Last edited:
Registering the ones who left is much more likely than registering the ones who stayed.

It's the way memories and recall work. Plus our brains go with "he's was always going to leave" or "he was never really going to leave" in retrospect and subsequent reasons/events get inflated in our recall, to align with the predictability of events and/or inflate our ability to predict them.

The message coming out of Fremantle is "We would like him to stay". That is not "he is a wanted player and is very much our future" We would like him to stay is just words when the real message is that he is tradeable. They can't openly just say "Anyone that wants him can have him"
He's uncontracted, of course he is tradeable...

The message coming out of Fremantle is "We would like him to stay". That is not "he is a wanted player and is very much our future" We would like him to stay is just words when the real message is that he is tradeable. They can't openly just say "Anyone that wants him can have him"

It's setting up the narrative that if Henry leaves it's because Henry wanted something else, not that he was pushed out - but I don't think the public perception of a player leaving for more money really matters anymore anyway.

It's setting up the narrative that if Henry leaves it's because Henry wanted something else, not that he was pushed out - but I don't think the public perception of a player leaving for more money really matters anymore anyway.
Show Me The Money GIF

Fyfe?
Cox to Adelaide last time he was off contract?
Luke Ryan was said to be leaving last season because he was so close to his family.

This is not to say I don't believe Henry is leaving, I think he had both feet already out the door before he got recalled.

Also I think all the off contract players in recent history that were speculated the entire season as leaving were signed before the season finished.
None of these popped up constantly all season like Henry has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back