List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
ITK guessing comp is up lots of Freo entries ploz

Put me down for the opposite calls to Snuff "Sumich" Aluphagus - that should get me on the podium at least.

Already has a mature body for an 18 year old.
He won’t be a slow burn and takes years to show something.

I would expect all the small forwards drafted inside the top 25 these days to be able to play immediately, but too mature of a body will look like limited room to improve/grow his game and if the player is nearly complete but not a top 20 pick - how good is he?

I like his overhead marking and how he gets it to the boot real, real fast. Amiss fast.

There certainly seems like we'll have plenty of small forward choices around our pick if thats the way we go. I'd like Delean the most personally but I feel like we'd need a pick in the teens as it stands (ie one from the Dogs) to have any chance with the possible FAs and Academy's

There certainly seems like we'll have plenty of small forward choices around our pick if thats the way we go. I'd like Delean the most personally but I feel like we'd need a pick in the teens as it stands (ie one from the Dogs) to have any chance with the possible FAs and Academy's
Delean is a mid forward not a small forward but yes we should be aiming to get both and using GC to do it.

Peter Bell was asked about our slow starts, and he suggested the clubs needs to address the player's arousal level before a game.

Sexy Look GIF
They are bringing in Jason Luv as a consultant on this very matter

181 is Tyler Brockman height, the ability to play taller is a bonus, still a small forward IMO
Nah you're right. I personally favor Tholstrup because he is taller although he has done less than Delean this carnival. I have a theory Eagles are playing Tholstrup at league level to tank his ranking so they can land him.

I saw a few highlights of Delean and I was a bit meh. Impossible to Judge from you tube of course, but he looked a bit of a project player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ysaye you seem very connected with the WAFL watch so thanks so much for your insights , very helpful as I don’t live in Perth so I don’t get to see much young talent other than the odd ones that leave here to have a crack at Claremont Colts .

Anyway I have a question for you on Johnson , it’s been bugging me for a while .
Is his current demeanour normal from what you saw in WAFL ?
He seems edgy , almost unhappy and prone to little dummy spits ?
My observations are finger nail deep so mean nothing but sometimes there is a sense that something isn’t quite right ?

Or from what you can tell is he loving it and developing as well as you’d expect?

My observations:

In 2020 (year before he is eligible to be drafted) he played really well at (Subiaco) colts and at the championships; perhaps during that time he had a bit of advantage with his size. Perhaps as a consequence he started 2021 in Subiaco Seniors and went okay initially (I think he had 17 possessions in his first senior game?) but then as WAFL clubs really locked down on him, he became frustrated, introducing silly tackles that gave away free kicks, getting angry at umpires and that kind of thing, and his game went out the window over the next four games. He then got dropped down to reserves and colts; I remember seeing an interview with him during this time period and it did raise some minor alarm bells for me to the point where that he was when I thought he might go more around the 20 mark in the draft (previously had him a bit higher). For comparisons sake Erasmus' interview was better (remembering he got injured and missed the championships); Erasmus came across as a competitive sort but I also saw signs of self reflection and understanding his role to the team, whereas that wasn't there with Johnson.

Then he trained for and played in the championships; WA overpowers pretty much every team. Amiss, Van Rooyen and Sheldrick (amongst champion team) are stars and Johnson plays a strong complementary game, body language is good and doesn't get drawn into stupid off the ball brawls or complaining at umpires - I saw a focussed Johnson.

2022, he started late with Peel due to an injury sustained in a pre-game match. When he came in he was playing a mix of half forward and centre square midfielder. He started well but then again towards the middle of the season frustration started seeping in again in some of the matches as clubs locked down; numbers go down (you can see it in the stats) and the attitude comes back which compound the issues but not as badly as last time. He arguably recovered in the last quarter of the season to put to some alright numbers together.

So yes I probably agree that his attitude / mindset shows through when things are not going his way and it reflects negatively in his game. On the flipside though, I think Johnson always puts effort in in training and keeps himself fit, and he has always rebounded. I don't think it is a deal breaker for me, but I think that some of the heights that people expect him to get to, in my mind I have kind of tempered to thinking it may take him a while to mature to that, and it may be that he never does and he is always a complementary player to others who are really going to need set the scene for the team (not sure if that makes sense?).

My observations:

In 2020 (year before he is eligible to be drafted) he played really well at (Subiaco) colts and at the championships; perhaps during that time he had a bit of advantage with his size. Perhaps as a consequence he started 2021 in Subiaco Seniors and went okay initially (I think he had 17 possessions in his first senior game?) but then as WAFL clubs really locked down on him, he became frustrated, introducing silly tackles that gave away free kicks, getting angry at umpires and that kind of thing, and his game went out the window over the next four games. He then got dropped down to reserves and colts; I remember seeing an interview with him during this time period and it did raise some minor alarm bells for me to the point where that he was when I thought he might go more around the 20 mark in the draft (previously had him a bit higher). For comparisons sake Erasmus' interview was better (remembering he got injured and missed the championships); Erasmus came across as a competitive sort but I also saw signs of self reflection and understanding his role to the team, whereas that wasn't there with Johnson.

Then he trained for and played in the championships; WA overpowers pretty much every team. Amiss, Van Rooyen and Sheldrick (amongst champion team) are stars and Johnson plays a strong complementary game, body language is good and doesn't get drawn into stupid off the ball brawls or complaining at umpires - I saw a focussed Johnson.

2022, he started late with Peel due to an injury sustained in a pre-game match. When he came in he was playing a mix of half forward and centre square midfielder. He started well but then again towards the middle of the season frustration started seeping in again in some of the matches as clubs locked down; numbers go down (you can see it in the stats) and the attitude comes back which compound the issues but not as badly as last time. He arguably recovered in the last quarter of the season to put to some alright numbers together.

So yes I probably agree that his attitude / mindset shows through when things are not going his way and it reflects negatively in his game. On the flipside though, I think Johnson always puts effort in in training and keeps himself fit, and he has always rebounded. I don't think it is a deal breaker for me, but I think that some of the heights that people expect him to get to, in my mind I have kind of tempered to thinking it may take him a while to mature to that, and it may be that he never does and he is always a complementary player to others who are really going to need set the scene for the team (not sure if that makes sense?).
It does
That’s brilliant !
Thank you 👍

How far off is our ginger KPD?

I don't think we can afford to take a KPD this draft but can we afford not to take one?
I think we can take one late or as a rookie tbh. We'll still use 3-4 selections minimum in the National Draft and will bring in at least one rookie new to the AFL system imo.

If we're using three picks in the National Draft it's likely because we've traded someone in - even then I'd still expect us to use four.

If we want a small forward & a key defender, how about
We give next year's 1st & 3rd
For Brock's, Grainger-Barass & Hawks' second next year?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or……
Straight swap Schultz for Brockman
Pick up Ethan Phillips with a rookie pick and keep our F1.

Haven’t seen enough from DGB to warrant including a F1 in the deal despite where they drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back