Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bl00dy hell, Chelsea are going to trump us on a trade for Pick-1 and give William & Kate a new neighbour in Harley:

View attachment 1816460
Sigh, they would too…

“CFC announces new signing from Rural Australia on 5 year deal, for £85 million”

I know the vast WC majority don't hurl abuse at opposition supporters; some of my best friends barrack for the Eagles...;)

Reid has let it be known he'd rather stay. I wouldnt blame WC for still taking him unless a good solid offer wasnt made. Surely pick 2 and 14 gets it done. Then bundle up a few picks for pick 10 via dogs/Suns.

I know the vast WC majority don't hurl abuse at opposition supporters; some of my best friends barrack for the Eagles...;)
I think you need new friends…

D

The line
"Obviously, Perth is a long way, but when you look at it, if you ever have got to really move interstate, I feel like it would be best to do it at the start of your career,"
I interpret that as, look, he'd rather not go because Perth is in the middle of bumfuack nowhere. But if he has to then after his first contract he can come home.
If I was Harley I'd take an apple to the interview with the WCE list manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I had a chat with Harley tonight at the Pioneers B&F.
Didn't bat an eyelid when I mentioned West Coast likely retaining pick 1 and selecting him.
He also confirmed that he would do me a favour, namely that he ask for no. 9 if he was selected by West Coast.
He said he had already been hopeful of getting no 9 because of Ben Cousins (apparently he's a fan). I said my request was because of Naitanui. Was clearly undaunted about the prospect of relocating. We made out briefly and then I was on my way.

Also, incidentally, Josh Treacy was the guest speaker at the event and spoke at some length about how much he enjoyed the transition to Fremantle from Country Victoria a couple of years ago. He said when he was with his host family for the first nine months that "it was probably better than being at home with mum and dad".

So some really positive signs IMO.

Last edited:
I'd do it. We'd still have 1, 3,
What footballer wouldn't love to go to a team on the bottom of the ladder, with an admin in disarray, a playing list going over a cliff, and a coach barely hanging on by the skin of his taint? :think:

Yes, living in Perth I do realise WC are the greatest club in the world, but still......
Until Jason Snake Francis we hadn’t lost anyone we wanted to keep for as long as I can remember. So let’s not act like that actually matters. There’s always a first…
By mid 2022 did we WANT to keep him though???

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

"He also confirmed that he would do me a favour..."

...it was at this point, gullibility entered the chat. 😳
He's the bloke who took the photos for the article you blokes are frothing over as evidence Reid doesn't want to leave Vic, FYI.

Make of that what you will.

like, i don't really even care if we go for Reid or not because i just don't buy the generational talent thing, but holy f*ck is it going to be so f*cking funny if it does happen with all this big dicking going on

like, i don't really even care if we go for Reid or not because i just don't buy the generational talent thing, but holy f*ck is it going to be so f*cking funny if it does happen with all this big dicking going on
Well, to be fair it's pretty boring on Bigfooty when your team's not playing finals :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back