Training 2023 Pre-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Think that's Conor McKenna?
Was thinking that tbh, but didn’t he have a beard last time a photo of him was taking on the clubs page, unless maybe he shaved it 24 hours ago or something.

The JPEG number for the photo is 5382.

Hopefully that might help you :thumbsu:
Looks like Josh Dunkley

_dsc5382-jpg.1570352

It might be Kyle Dunkley
Could very well be.
Just goes to show you, we get a big recruit, and we don't know what he looks like in training gear :)
When you watch them train all in the same kit, the players are not as easily recognizable as in their usual guernseys
Anyhow this image below is Josh Dunkley with Kyle Dunkley in Melbourne kit from 2019

Fe7nqilacAAXAnd

800px-Kyle_Dunkley_2019.4.jpg

I actually didn't mind Cornes' perspective on long term contracts, until he went out of his way to defend Jason Horne-Francis' 6 year deal. His hypocrisy lost me at that point.

I also agree with him on long term contracts in general, but it’s very clear with his tweets that his issue isn’t with the length of the contract specifically but because he thinks hipwood is bad

Could very well be.
Just goes to show you, we get a big recruit, and we don't know what he looks like in training gear :)
When you watch them train all in the same kit, the players are not as easily recognizable as in their usual guernseys
Anyhow this image below is Josh Dunkley with Kyle Dunkley in Melbourne kit from 2019

Fe7nqilacAAXAnd

800px-Kyle_Dunkley_2019.4.jpg
Star Wars Thread GIF by Achievement Hunter

That's so sad. Poor bastard is in the Justin Clarke zone.

If he still is sick now and he was my family member i would want him to hang up his boots.

Don't take any more chances, it's just not worth it.
I wasnt aware until someone at the local footy club who knows people in Brisbane mentioned recently that Marcus would more than most be aware of the seriousness of the effects of life changing head trauma due to his brother that was a victim of a cowardly one punch hit

I found this article - How a one-punch attack on his brother changed this Lion's life although there are quite a few more about his brother Luke but y'oud have to think if symptoms remain with the concussion, who could blame him if he hung the boots up - I think he'd be irresponsible if he didn't but I'm not closer enough to even beginning to understand how Marcus is going other than what i read on here.

I wasnt aware until someone at the local footy club who knows people in Brisbane mentioned recently that Marcus would more than most be aware of the seriousness of the effects of life changing head trauma due to his brother that was a victim of a cowardly one punch hit

I found this article - How a one-punch attack on his brother changed this Lion's life although there are quite a few more about his brother Luke but y'oud have to think if symptoms remain with the concussion, who could blame him if he hung the boots up - I think he'd be irresponsible if he didn't but I'm not closer enough to even beginning to understand how Marcus is going other than what i read on here.

His family have obviously been through hell - the brother has the mind set of an elite athlete. Respect for his recovery.

Can't believe Marcus didn't feel like he fitted in till he got to the lions. I'll happily take every dedicated, hyper focused, willing to sacrifice to get the best of themselves player that needs to find a nerd home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually didn't mind Cornes' perspective on long term contracts, until he went out of his way to defend Jason Horne-Francis' 6 year deal. His hypocrisy lost me at that point.
hes the same bloke crowing about st kilda luring a cooked jjk out of retirement to play for king this year - he should realise how scarce the market is for proven kpf and the need to tie them down arising out of that. hipwood would just about instantly be the best kpf at melbourne and fremantle for example who were two of our top 8 competitors last season

kane is just a shock jock at the end of the day though

Only issue is we don't have any open list spots unless we put someone (e.g. Adams) on the inactive list, but then I don't think we can activate him again even if fit unless we have someone else to replace him.
Adams going on the inactive list or even retiring was the premise for speculation. I should've been clearer.

Top 5

Group One:

1. Harry Sharp
2. Hugh McCluggage
3. Zac Bailey
4. Jimmy Tunstill
5. Darcy Wilmot

Group Two:

1. Eric Hipwood
2. Riley Greene (VFL)
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Josh Dunkley
5. Tom Fullarton

Impressive from Riley Greene just quietly.

Impressive from Riley Greene just quietly.
Just looking at the footage on Instagram
There were about 10 in the first group. I could not tell how many in the 2nd group
You would think there would have to be 30 in the 2nd group which is a bit big for a 3k trial
Either they had more groups or not many players competed in the trial
Also noticed Sharp just run-down Jimmy Tunstill which must have been a separate race. Could also have been a handicap type race

There were about 10 in the first group. I could not tell how many in the 2nd group
You would think there would have to be 30 in the 2nd group which is a bit big for a 3k trial
Also noticed Sharp just run-down Jimmy Tunstill which must have been a separate race. Could also have been a handicap type race
I reckon he lapped him.

Of course
It would be nice for the Lions to put up their running times
So, Jimmy had a lap to go to finish in fourth spot
It’s probably not as bad as it seems, probably only a bit over a minute behind if that’s the case.
Over 3k and up against a runner of Harry’s ability.

Equal numbers in each group.
Sharp lead the whole way in the first group but ran well below his PB.
Hippy took the lead from Tommy with 2 laps to go and pushed away easily in the end. His PB for a 3 k'er
J.Berry just coming off rehab with his shoulder. He will be cherry ripe for round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back