Autopsy 2023 Rd 19 5 wins in a row over 50 but injuries hit hard

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Next 5 also over 50

Keep it going

Hope walshy and SOS get up

Mots too
Need to smash the filth next week to cement our spot in the 8. We do that, we'll be looking at finals this year for sure.

Ideally we’d have liked a more ruthless 2nd half, but we’d have also definitely taken a 71 point win before the game.

Charlie is a king, TDK is growing game by game, Weiterbot is back and so is Gerogey boy.

Bring on the scum on Friday night!
Needed to rest off a 6 day break. Players will be sore going into Collingwood with 0-1 subs for most of the last quarter+.

Fingers crossed Pies Vs Power is a battle. Going to be some sore lads this week even those who didn't get injuries today.

Matt Cotterell ran 17.2 km today. Puts him on the leaderboard for the most in afl ever. Hollands not far behind him.
Can’t believe sam Walsh was still the 5th best Carlton player based on player ratings despite only playing nearly 2 quarters.

The ratings are skewed towards performance when the game is up for grabs. His first quarter was elite.

I hope removing him from the ground was precautionary only.

Highlight was Dwayne saying Charlie and Oscar Allen has been a good battle...as he slotted his 10th.

Need to smash the filth next week to cement our spot in the 8. We do that, we'll be looking at finals this year for sure.

It's Deja Vu all over again but we are basically back to where we were in 2022.

Beat either Collingwood or Melbourne and we play finals. Lose both and there is a ripping chance we finish 9th.

Cracking form and awesome to get another win. Is it weird that we come out with more concerns though? I'm worried that we got so Charlie-centric in the second half and really just got back to blasting the ball long and deep. I'm worried that we lacked defensive run in the second half and obviously the missing players are starting to stack.

There are very good reasons why we played that way in the second half... it is just that form and confidence stack and you just don't want to mess with what was working (ie: not that) - even if the reason is we were 5 players short.

Beyond that though, great to see Hewitt and Docherty control the game, TDK playing well in the ruck and the defence overall looking solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries are the bigger story, but take nothing away from how good Charlie was.

TDK is my guy I've decided. I get the reasons for letting him go, but he is building into the type of player that you won't be able to easily replace.

If it comes together next week, they'll have turned the season on its head. Credit to Voss for that even being a possibility.

We get to add Cripps Cerra and Pitto next week. Hopefully Owies can come in for Motlop. Charlie to kick another 10 on Darcy Moore.

Last edited:
Dow is fantastic at the coalface, dishing it out, and great to see him kick that running goal.
Love Cincotta…composed, tough and skilful
Kemp getting better each match
Cunners is a Rolls Royce
TDK…..must keep.
Dow picked up a bit in the last quarter and a half I reckon. His ability to move through traffic is sublime.

Injuries are the bigger story, but take nothing away from how good Charlie was.

TDK is my guy I've decided. I get the reasons for letting him go, but he is building into the type of player that you won't be able to easily replace.

If it comes together next week, they'll have turned the season on its head. Credit to Voss for that even being a possibility.

TDK has suddenly started winning ruck contests. The last 3 weeks he has given us good use of the ball by jumping over the top of his opponents and actually shown good ruck technique.

That is an absolute game changer imo. Up until this patch of form his 'potential' was really just athleticism, and he looked like a poor tap ruckman and a poor forward. If he is actually a competent tap ruck who can jump over bigger players, and bring his athleticism as X factor, then he becomes a very important player to keep around.

Matt Cotterell ran 17.2 km today. Puts him on the leaderboard for the most in afl ever. Hollands not far behind him.
Can’t believe sam Walsh was still the 5th best Carlton player based on player ratings despite only playing nearly 2 quarters.
Cottrells effort was huge he helped cover for the lack of rotations, take my hat to all of Hollands, Acres and Ed as well in this respect.

Back