Autopsy 2023 Round 02 Swans beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't have to be a captain to lead mate.

Don't believe I said otherwise, but when you aren't the captain it means there are other voices in the mix. To say he 'led' them nowhere is a bit of a misnomer, or else you could say he led them to a GF in 2019? He led them to consistent Finals series?

Alternatively, I'd say he led them to a huge come from behind win against the Crows where he stood up when others players were struggling, and then against WCE ensured they didn't drop their heads after the second quarter and was one of the main options standing up in the second half to win the half for the Giants.

I'd say he's a pretty impressive player on and off the field who plays on the edge and occasionally goes over it. But it was just such a ******* dumb comment to say that someone like Ladhams is less of a dickhead than Greene.

Don't believe I said otherwise, but when you aren't the captain it means there are other voices in the mix. To say he 'led' them nowhere is a bit of a misnomer, or else you could say he led them to a GF in 2019? He led them to consistent Finals series?

Alternatively, I'd say he led them to a huge come from behind win against the Crows where he stood up when others players were struggling, and then against WCE ensured they didn't drop their heads after the second quarter and was one of the main options standing up in the second half to win the half for the Giants.

I'd say he's a pretty impressive player on and off the field who plays on the edge and occasionally goes over it. But it was just such a ******* dumb comment to say that someone like Ladhams is less of a dickhead than Greene.
There may be reasons to think Greene is a bigger dickhead than what Ladhams bad decisions has lead you to make that statement.

Greene's on field actions have prompted changes to AFL rules to protect player safety. Ladhams on field actions have not.

Ladhams has not impeded, brushed, bumped into an umpire, but Greene has.

There are lines you do not cross. Lifting studs into oncoming players is a line you do not cross. Impeding umpires is a line you do not cross.

Ladhams actions were just heat of the moment dumb. Not calculated and pushing the boundaries. Just dumb.

I would argue Greene's behaviour can be extreme. I do not think Ladhams behaviour is extreme. Just dumb.

No worse than signing Ladhams. Honestly I’d back our culture. Take the best players if Green wanted to come here’s 3 first rounders and o wouldn’t ask for anything back.
Ladhams never punched a bouncer, karate kicked his opposition, got suspended for eye gouging, or pushed an umpire

There may be reasons to think Greene is a bigger dickhead than what Ladhams bad decisions has lead you to make that statement.

Greene's on field actions have prompted changes to AFL rules to protect player safety. Ladhams on field actions have not.

Ladhams has not impeded, brushed, bumped into an umpire, but Greene has.

There are lines you do not cross. Lifting studs into oncoming players is a line you do not cross. Impeding umpires is a line you do not cross.

Ladhams actions were just heat of the moment dumb. Not calculated and pushing the boundaries. Just dumb.

I would argue Greene's behaviour can be extreme. I do not think Ladhams behaviour is extreme. Just dumb.

You're conflating two different areas. Ladhams had well known attitude issues at Port which is why he made the move to Sydney. I brought him up as an example of us no longer having a No Dickheads Policy, or he wouldn't have been recruited. That's entirely separate to the discussion on Greene's leadership ability.

Ladhams never punched a bouncer, karate kicked his opposition, got suspended for eye gouging, or pushed an umpire

Karate kicked :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The amount Greene lives in some people's heads is amazing.

You're conflating two different areas. Ladhams had well known attitude issues at Port which is why he made the move to Sydney. I brought him up as an example of us no longer having a No Dickheads Policy, or he wouldn't have been recruited. That's entirely separate to the discussion on Greene's leadership ability.
Do you actually know what the definition of leadership is?
It is multifaceted and encompasses things that are tangible and non tangible.

By his on field persistent discretions you could argue Greene does not provide the proper role mode for the behaviour that you would want at your club. That alone for for would discredit him as a candidate for a leader, let alone a captain, at my club.

Other than that he has extreme ability to play AFL. No question.

But the complete package player + leader, he is not. Not yet.

Karate kicked :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The amount Greene lives in some people's heads is amazing.
What the * would you call it lmao, he kicked people in the chest on a weekly basis including our own Lewis Melican. It's not rent free to point out someone's a shitcampaigner

Edit: Let me call someone the C word Bigfooty, * sake

Do you actually know what the definition of leadership is?
It is multifaceted and encompasses things that are tangible and non tangible.

By his on field persistent discretions you could argue Greene does not provide the proper role mode for the behaviour that you would want at your club. That alone for for would discredit him as a candidate for a leader, let alone a captain, at my club.

Other than that he has extreme ability to play AFL. No question.

But the complete package player + leader, he is not. Not yet.

I can see this is going nowhere, have a good one.

Ladhams violence issues have really only kicked off with us from what I recall, his prior issues were Covid protocols and off field/training standards. It's not a valid comparison, since we'd be choosing Greene, we've already got Ladhams.

For me, Greene has not been a good leader in the past given his on/off field behaviour (violent for both), nor would I want him at the club. Same goes for De Goey, Martin (although the latter is mostly past it anyway). If Ladhams continues his thuggery, I would want him gone too.

Have you voted for AFL Mark of the Year?
Nick Blakey
Tom Papley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but coupled with his most punchable face, he takes the cake as a true grub.

I was very happy with what Amartey showed. I don't rate any ruck work from him much, but I do think he has potential to really get around the ground and influence in a way that Maclean probably can't.

If either of them could find a way to influence play upfield in the same way Buddy can, or indeed McDonald increasingly is, then we will be in a super solid position going forward in that regard. Not sure either are quite good enough, but I like both players and keen to see them get plenty of chances this year.
I think amartey has the talent. What's more, when he rucks he is like another mid.

Where can I find the heat maps these days?
If you've got the AFL app, you can go into any game and find the player's heat maps from that game by simply clicking on their name. It'll take you through to all their stats from that game and a few sections down will be their heat map.

Where can I find the heat maps these days?
Mine are on my phone app... I don't know where yours are... sorry!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

If you've got the AFL app, you can go into any game and find the player's heat maps from that game by simply clicking on their name. It'll take you through to all their stats from that game and a few sections down will be their heat map.
Only on the app and not on their website?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back