Trades 2023 Round 3 Trades - Moo Time !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in your thoughts about trading Hopper - is he your only way to get Setterfides?

I too can go Hopper to Setterfield but my original thought was to trade out Jackson given his high BE and poor early scoring.
Yep, it's my only way to Setters (unless I trade a premo). I didn't trade much last week (only used 1), so I'm OK to use this opportunity to grab Setters, then get Hopper back in if I want to.

Luke Jackson? Unless Darcy gets injured, I can't see him kicking on and going 90+. Maybe time to cut your losses?

Yep, it's my only way to Setters (unless I trade a premo). I didn't trade much last week (only used 1), so I'm OK to use this opportunity to grab Setters, then get Hopper back in if I want to.

Luke Jackson? Unless Darcy gets injured, I can't see him kicking on and going 90+. Maybe time to cut your losses?
Yep Jackson seems like a bust

Flanders > Ziebell is the main priority. Can always go Darcy > Cameron and Ridley > Daicos. Or could go Ridley > Stocker, Chester > Worpel and Flanders > Ziebell. The first one seems the more attractive one because Cameron very easily be an F6 keeper, Ziebell obviously involved in both and a potential keeper, and Daicos has more chance of being top 6 over Ridley.

Attachments

• 87A5155A-FE32-4FF6-80C1-668F1997836B.png
    87A5155A-FE32-4FF6-80C1-668F1997836B.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 29
  • D9592973-C15C-4723-8295-6F307BFBD348.png
    D9592973-C15C-4723-8295-6F307BFBD348.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 30
Already gone Darcy to Cameron, now thinking to get setterfield and ziebell I’d need to cut Taranto and chesser. Is it worth it?
Effectively 2:1 trade ....we don't count Chesser

The cash & points grab for Setterfield and Ziebell makes this trade very attractive .....Setterfield is every chance to average close to Taranto by himself

Effectively 2:1 trade ....we don't count Chesser

The cash & points grab for Setterfield and Ziebell makes this trade very attractive .....Setterfield is every chance to average close to Taranto by himself
Yea that’s what I was thinking, setters and ziebell should make bulk cash as well and don’t think Taranto will move from his price that much. Just means missing chandler

Yea that’s what I was thinking, setters and ziebell should make bulk cash as well and don’t think Taranto will move from his price that much. Just means missing chandler
I missed Chandler as well ....Caminiti though will make 2/3rds of what Chandler makes .....I opted for Greene over Chandler based on JS ....oh well

I agree on your thinking though re Taranto

I missed Chandler as well ....Caminiti though will make 2/3rds of what Chandler makes .....I opted for Greene over Chandler based on JS ....oh well

Yea so my trades would be Darcy to Cameron and Taranto chesser to setters ziebell. Leaves 80k in the kitty so worse case can pick chandler up next week

Still very undecided on whether to use my last (boosted) trade.

My options are:

(A) S. Darcy to D. Cameron
(B) B. Cunnington to D. Cameron/J. Ziebell
(C) Hold

Normally I wouldn't consider trading a premium (S. Darcy) after what is really just 1 poor score. However, he's probably more 'in the gun' than most for me as I was very uneasy starting him and only picked him as a 'safety' given he was a popular choice and all the rucks had question marks. Specifically, I was concerned about the arrival of Jackson and that Darcy is injury prone in a position with minimal cover.

Having looked into it further, however, Darcy had 3 sub 60 scores last year and still averaged his 102 thanks to his "mega weeks". I also looked at his CBA's and shared ruck duties and noticed he has gotten 75% of CBA's in both game. Last season, in the games he got 60-79% CBA's (i.e. a similar share to this season) he actually averaged slightly more at 108.

He also has a ruckless West Coast this week (with intense Freo criticism) and is likely to go huge.

However, I did originally have Darcy Cameron in my side all preseason (due to his non Grundy form/average) and only moved him out after seeing Mason Cox do plenty of rucking in the preseason and acquit himself quite well. It is now evident he is a non factor.

Darcy Cameron can also be swung to the forwards and allows me to bring in a bottom priced Gawn when the time is right.

Cunnington is my alternative trade option but his CBA's went up this week (after 50% week 1), Simpkin is out and he loves playing Hawthorn. Not set to lose much $$$ (BE 104) and may still have the role that made him attractive.

Can anyone help on A, B or C considering the above please?

As a Hawthorn supporter, I still think Greene will end up making about the $150K needed of a rookie.

He still has great job security IMO. His scores so far have been a reflection of an atrocious forward line that I believe will have more competitive weeks than the 2 disgusting efforts seen so far (Mitch Lewis will help). Despite only managing 4 goals as a side last week, Greene still got his 3-4 shots at goal that he would normally kick (he is a very good shot for goal but some weeks the whole team get the yips and it builds pressure on the next one having a shot).

He only needs 1 week where he kicks his 2-3 goals that will get his cash gen flowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yall some brave people trading Ziebell in, an injury prone 32 year old who has only averaged over 100 once. Yes he gulled vs Freo (chip to chip kings) and a West Coast side that put 0 pressure on, but you really think he's worth it? Seems like another JHF trap to me

Yall some brave people trading Ziebell in, an injury prone 32 year old who has only averaged over 100 once. Yes he gulled vs Freo (chip to chip kings) and a West Coast side that put 0 pressure on, but you really think he's worth it? Seems like another JHF trap to me
A potential $350k keeper with the friendliest SC role of all and upcoming DPP, who, at worst, makes bulk cash and gets a rookie/failed mid-pricer off the field is certainly appealing.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate trading down to him, but sideways-ing a s**t mid-pricer or upgrading a mediocre rookie is a good move IMO.

1680229460059.png

With Baker 95 last night I will hold Hopper. 79k in the bank.

I have been playing around with a few scenarios and they are:

1)
1680229744760.png
Leaves 275k in the bank

2)
1680229783659.png
Leaves 98k. Possibly the scenario that makes the most sense as Taranto shouldn't get out of reach whereas Touk could.

These options mean I miss out on Chandler.

3)
1680230008174.png
leaves 161k. Hold Darcy against WC.

4) Or keep it GnR and safe
1680229905760.png
Leaves 175k

What do you guys think? None of these options include trading JHF as I only got him last week. It is an option though and could be sideways to Ziebell.

Played 42 of the last 46 games, and is playing an easy as role. He gulled for an entire season in 2021 lol and averaged 107, not just “over 100”, plus averaged over 120 over the eventual prelim finalists that year and 134 v Brisbane.

Also only needs to do this for another 3 weeks and you can sideways him to a real premo if he gets injured.

It’s a no brainer, although I started with him because CD love their gulls so it matters less to me as I haven’t burnt a trade.

Compare that to a 2nd year mid who is 1) notorious for frees against and 2) playing a super hard role coming up against some of the toughest inside mids in the comp and 3) finding his way at a new team

A potential $350k keeper with the friendliest SC role of all and upcoming DPP, who, at worst, makes bulk cash and gets a rookie/failed mid-pricer off the field is certainly appealing.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate trading down to him, but sideways-ing a s**t mid-pricer or upgrading a mediocre rookie is a good move IMO.

Exactly this I traded Flanders > Ziebell for $100k it was a No brainer

Hi Legends - I really think Daicos is a must but trying to figure the best way to get him in. I hate sideways trades but is I want him I think that’s the road I need to head down.

Option 1 - Ridley to Daicos

Option 2 - Young to Daicos

Or can you legends suggest something else?
Capture.JPG

Hi Legends - I really think Daicos is a must but trying to figure the best way to get him in. I hate sideways trades but is I want him I think that’s the road I need to head down.

Option 1 - Ridley to Daicos

Option 2 - Young to Daicos

Or can you legends suggest something else?
View attachment 1645123
Probably your only real options as you've spent huge on your M1-3.

I'd trade Crabley over Young, but every time I see him in a trade scenario I say that, so I'm hardly impartial.

Six of one, really. Young less likely to play lockdown roles

View attachment 1645097

1)
View attachment 1645100
Leaves 275k in the bank

2)
View attachment 1645101
Leaves 98k. Possibly the scenario that makes the most sense as Taranto shouldn't get out of reach whereas Touk could.

3)
View attachment 1645105

View attachment 1645103
Leaves 175k

What do you guys think? None of these options include trading JHF as I only got him last week. It is an option though and could be sideways to Ziebell.
Definitely don’t trade touk mate will be a top ten mid

View attachment 1645097

1)
View attachment 1645100
Leaves 275k in the bank

2)
View attachment 1645101

3)
View attachment 1645105

View attachment 1645103
Leaves 175k

Option 2 are the trades I did lol. The 95k could get you a rookie up to Bowes next week as well

Definitely don’t trade touk mate will be a top ten mid
Just realised this is an option as well. Leaves 1.8k
1680233029581.png

Or simply fade Chandler and not use a boost. Keeping Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back