Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Hall gets dropped this week?
I would think dropping Hall for Bergman is as much a no-brainer as dropping Turner for Drury.

The only thing that gives me pause for thought is that Clarko appears to be auditioning our (considerable number of) fringe OOC players to see whether there is any point in offering them an extension.

Hall is one of those. But to my eyes, it seems obvious that he's already checked out. So what's the point in playing him? I honestly can't think of a reason we wouldn't drop him.

Same rationale for me although I must admit I have not seen Angwin play at all so I don't know anything about him.

Simpson has been in the system longer. I think his ceiling is higher because he will get on the end of a few goals by playing in a better team than Angwin. Although you run the risk of another head knock to Simpson and he will be gone for a long time.

But as mentioned above, we can get another look at Angwin this week.
Only slight concern with Simpson this week is, the weather looking bad .....however he is playing at his favoured GMHBA

1683251333797.png

Agree its risky as with all unknown rookies but less risky than bringing in a $166k player who after 7+ years for geelong has played 15 games.
Not really. If Simpson scores two 60s, he'll get to around 240k, making 75k. You're likely relying on Drury to play at least four games to make that cash. I'll sooner bet on the older player to play two games than the unseen rookie to play four.

Anyway, moot point as I'm planning to get both. Just no point going on Drury just yet.

Seemingly higher ceiling, more appealing draw.

But the main thing for me is that, if Simpson has a good game this week, he's unobtainable next week and there's no clear cut bubble rookies for downgrades.

If you bring Simpson in and Angwin plays well, he shouldn't cost much more than what Simpson does now. Happy to miss that first price rise to grab an extra rook this week and get another look at him.
Same rationale for me although I must admit I have not seen Angwin play at all so I don't know anything about him.

Simpson has been in the system longer. I think his ceiling is higher because he will get on the end of a few goals by playing in a better team than Angwin. Although you run the risk of another head knock to Simpson and he will be gone for a long time.

But as mentioned above, we can get another look at Angwin this week.
Cheers fella's, appreciate the replies.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

Damn trades are tough this week.
Decisions back and fwd, then reversed then switched.

Decided my trade outs this week are:
T.Young and Roberts.
Both made no real cash but with
15-17 keepers so far (currently including Ridley and Settergoat along with Sheezel and Ashcroft as well as Zeibell and W.Day)
All the rest are Uber Premo’s sitting in top 6-8 in their lines and pretty guaranteed they stay there or very close.

I have traded hard and very sideways this season to get my core right and earlier than others I hope.
Also putting into place multiple DPP coverage players over the byes especially the awful R14 one.

So this week is corrective trades to generate cash for byes.
Cincotta is a no brainer.
And the plan was to get in Steele next week with only a 1 up 1 down.

So the only option to maximise banked cash is Angwin. Or break Rule 1 of SC and go way to early on Drury.

But 2 other players have me feeling like taking a different type of risk.

1. This week jump on Sampson for R/F I want until Gawn gets the gig. Also Lynch is out at least until after they byes making his gig safe’ish.

2. Next week B.Kemp if he goes 80 plus this week and gets named for a 3rd.

Both may return smaller cash growth but they hold cash in their prices until other better rookies downgrades become available.

And push my next Premo/Uber upgrades back a week or two.

The Angwin & Simpson trade-ins feel like future dead rookies. And another round of sideways dead rookies.
Bad moves when each trade is now so precious.

It feels like inflation has hit my team and now all I can afford is $2 store upgrades.

Though if one or both of these increase $100k by their byes I may end up with a much safer (coverage) and more upgrade options by stalling and pushing upgrade plans for a completed side back by a week or few from R12 with dead rookies as coverage to aiming at a completed side with coverage around R16 and holding 4-6 trades for injuries for final 8 rounds.
This could cost or make 200SC points. Risky….

The ultimate risk is some of my topped out rookies like Fergus, Gibney, JVR, Chandler, Wilmont may lose cash over the rounds I plan to hold them with this type of plan.

Will be a flip of a coin 20mins before game-time to see which way I go.

Last edited:
Cheers fella's, appreciate the replies.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF
Although doing my sums if I want Steele next week, I am going to have to get Angwin instead of Simpson this week.

Baker is my ticket to get Steele. Will downgrade JVR to Drury if he goes ok this week and I should have just enough coin to do it unless Steele smashes his BE which is possible against North.

Fingers crossed.

This is confirmed
1683253251722.png
Contemplating either Greene > Simpson with 289K ITB or finally canning Ridley > Sinclair, problem with the latter is it doesn't really help me get rookies off field

Only slight concern with Simpson this week is, the weather looking bad .....however he is playing at his favoured GMHBA

View attachment 1678470
Aha...Geelong is forecast Min 9 Max 13.......can't say that does much for me.......our Min forecast here for tonight is 28C ...;)

I have heard that Nank could only be a couple of weeks away but not sure how true that is. Soldo dosen't have a great Supercoach record but most of his games have been as the second ruck and he did look ok yesterday and was on limited minutes only played 57% TOG.
If you do get him he should be No1 ruck for a few weeks but don't expect great scores or to make much cash.

Hes a battler, steer clear imo. Plus as a bit dusty said Nank is 2weeks away.

I m still filthy on him for not nutting up and kicking for goal in the last when we still had a yelp.

If it was the possibility of a spike game this week that attracted you, yep, 100+ is on the cards against WCE, but we're nursing him back, so there's a chance of not much increase on his 57% TOG this week unless he really bounced out of the weekend's game - the worry is if he's come up sore we may even use him equally sparingly.

Also on the negative side, there's a not insignificant risk he could tweak something again, plus as A Bit Dusty said, short term there is the chance Nank could be back and when the two play Soldo rarely gets much more than 60% TOG.

However, on the positive side, I'd say 80 would be his floor you could reasonably expect and he could easily avg ~100 until Nank is back if he had a healthy ton this week. I imagine we'll be all out attack to get a win this week, so he'll get every opportunity to get the hit-outs to advantage and sneaky snags which can take him to a big score.

Overall, definitiely a risk, but if things went right (I'd rate it 50/50) and he did get 3-4 games with that ~100 avg, he'd be exactly what I presume you're after and at worst, as long as he plays he'll certainly make you a little cash at his current price.

Perhaps most important of all, he's a ton of fun to watch closely, frequent flashbacks of the 70's...a fine thing to grab a brew and look forward to over the next few weekends as the cold weather sets in, starting with the Beast V Bailey... ;)

View attachment 1675678

Low TOG% coming back from plantar fasciitis. Way to risky with how this season is going.
Thanks, fellas, was something to consider but it seems that Nankervis isn't as far off returning as I had thought and that Soldo has pulled up sore this week anyway.
Was always a chance, have had PF myself, can flare up. Hope he's right again soon. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's a option for you .
That's pretty good .
Getting a premo this week and next week .

Back ya gut feels
Think I’ve landed here. Despite originally only planning two trades, I’ll use the boost and take the risk on Drury.

Gives me the ability to use my last boost next week to go Wilmot down to anyone, Worpel to Steele, Ridley to Clarry with about 70k spare.

McKenna, Ashcroft and Chandler on field, with Seamus and Drury looped via Roberts at F6, but full Premo and top 8 on every line except possibly Hopper who will be the final upgrade.

IMG_3222.jpeg

Not sure weather to burn another boost or just do the 2 trades.
$38,900, 25 trades and 3 boosts in the shed.
What are your thoughts on:
Option 1
F.Greene -> S.Simpson
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($260,000 in the shed)

Option 2
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($302,200 in the shed)

Option 3 (Boost)
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta
D.Wilmont -> Sicily ($23,300 in the shed)
Capture.JPG

Need some desperate assistance with this abomination of a team.

Cowan -> Cincotta is essentially a given. The other one/two trades are less clear.

Desperate to get rid of Phillipou. BE of 84 that he will certainly not hit. Phillips also needs to go, but the other two are more important to get rid of. The sheer amount of dead rookies is becoming quite an issue. Is Angwin the best option

I really want the safety of Oliver and need to upgrade Setterfield. But it is essentially two downgrades to rookies of average JS, +36k change. Alternatively, I can go Cripps and have spare change, or Ginbey to Sicily.

Pls help. I'm too indecisive.

1683256395602.png

Not sure weather to burn another boost or just do the 2 trades.
$38,900, 25 trades and 3 boosts in the shed.
What are your thoughts on:
Option 1
F.Greene -> S.Simpson
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($260,000 in the shed)

Option 2
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($302,200 in the shed)

Option 3 (Boost)
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta
D.Wilmont -> Sicily ($23,300 in the shed)
View attachment 1678548

Burn a boost, what are u saving them for?
You will have up to 12 trades to use during the byes

Hmmm, this week is tricky from a captain perspective. Would be a whole lot easier if I had Oliver.

Was planning on skimping and saving money for an upgrade next week, but may bite the bullet.

I would think dropping Hall for Bergman is as much a no-brainer as dropping Turner for Drury.

The only thing that gives me pause for thought is that Clarko appears to be auditioning our (considerable number of) fringe OOC players to see whether there is any point in offering them an extension.

Hall is one of those. But to my eyes, it seems obvious that he's already checked out. So what's the point in playing him? I honestly can't think of a reason we wouldn't drop him.

Clarko always has his favourites. Conversely he has players he likes to kick.

Phillips should be playing in that team but can't get a serious look in.

Not many people are going to have 12 trades left when the byes start
12 is max, but really who would be using that many in the byes?

The Q is if you are saving your trades & boost, would you use 3 trades when you are e.g. down to your last 7 trades?

No way - you be playing it safe for injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back