Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they want a taller, bigger key defender and because they think ZT is leaving
Not quite correct, and I'm very close to ESS .....McKay is pretty much done deal, and the belief is one of ZT and/or Baldwin will be flushed out

They also have Reid to accommodate, if he can get his body right .....Ridley, McKay, Laverde, Reid

Not quite correct, and I'm very close to ESS .....McKay is pretty much done deal, and the belief is one of ZT and/or Baldwin will be flushed out

They also have Reid to accommodate, if he can get his body right .....Ridley, McKay, Laverde, Reid
Just checked the Pies and Bombers websites and Kelly is now a fair lump of a lad at 194cm 96kg and Zerk Thatcher 195cm 91kg.

Was there any talk about our interest in BZT before it was mentioned in the media Powa were keen on the former Sturt U18's player?

Just checked the Pies and Bombers websites and Kelly is now a fair lump of a lad at 194cm 96kg and Zerk Thatcher 195cm 91kg.

Was there any talk about our interest in BZT before it was mentioned in the media Powa were keen on the former Sturt U18's player?
None

Scared Listen To Me GIF by VCG Construction

Have you missed the part where he trained less over the preseason, in the midfield?
WTF has that got to do with anything? Talking about using strawmen. It must have been very stupid of Nicks to let him play in the middle without first testing him in practice. FMD. You guys are something else.

WTF has that got to do with anything? Talking about using strawmen. It must have been very stupid of Nicks to let him play in the middle without first testing him in practice. FMD. You guys are something else.
You tell Dawson that then, he was the one that said he trained less, not us.
That’s the problem you’ve not been reading what people are posting.

I did read that. And the question is still the same. WTF has that got to do with it? Was it a bad think that he trained less? Or was he capable of getting in there and doing a good job, regardless? Or was it judged by both Nicks and Dawson that it was the right time to start playing in the middle? Maybe Nicks believed that the defence had developed enough to be trusted without the influence of having Dawson in there. I really don't know for sure why Nicks decided to do it then. But neither do you. The thing is is that it was always Nicks' decision, regardless of what Dawson wanted or suggested.
Anyway, I will no longer respond on this subject.
You have your opinion, I'll keep mine.
Let's Hope the club does better next year.:)

I did read that. And the question is still the same. WTF has that got to do with it? Was it a bad think that he trained less? Or was he capable of getting in there and doing a good job, regardless? Or was it judged by both Nicks and Dawson that it was the right time to start playing in the middle? Maybe Nicks believed that the defence had developed enough to be trusted without the influence of having Dawson in there. I really don't know for sure why Nicks decided to do it then. But neither do you. The thing is is that it was always Nicks' decision, regardless of what Dawson wanted or suggested.
If you can’t make the connection between training less in a position over the off season and it not being a plan by the coach to play him there, I have no words.

Last edited:
4th April 2023 News Corp Australia

“Jordy had me in a headlock saying ‘I need to play midfield’ Nicks said”

Do we have the link to that?

And has anyone shared the link from Doedee on the AFL Fantasy podcast where he talks about getting on Dawson because he's been training a lot more with the midfield? I think that's been mentioned too.

Or we could just give up on this argument. No one seems interested in considering what people are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can’t make the connection between not training in a position over the off season and it not being a plan by the coach to play him there, I have no words.
Wait, he didn't train there at all in the off season?

I could see why Dawson would do a lot of pre season with a really young defensive unit, as they trained structures. I could understand by plan A was he lead that unit and was our key attacking piece in defense.

I also like that we tried plan B and when it worked we stuck with it

And has anyone shared the link from Doedee on the AFL Fantasy podcast where he talks about getting on Dawson because he's been training a lot more with the midfield? I think that's been mentioned too.

Or we could just give up on this argument. No one seems interested in considering what people are saying.
Nope I haven’t been able to find it, but I heard it (no comfort to you I know), I did post about it in June.
And for me it just backs up what Jordan has said.

Last edited:
Wait, he didn't train there at all in the off season?

I could see why Dawson would do a lot of pre season with a really young defensive unit, as they trained structures. I could understand by plan A was he lead that unit and was our key attacking piece in defense.

I also like that we tried plan B and when it worked we stuck with it
No sorry, it should have said trained less, not, not at all.

I believe this is it:

I saw a post after this saying exactly what I heard.

No sorry, it should have said trained less, not, not at all.
That's fine. This seems like a weird argument.

If you already dislike Nicks, you can spin it as evidence that he's slow to come up with obvious player tactics.

If you already like Nicks, you can spin it as evidence that he has an open mind to the contributions of other, and he's willing to try things.

I don't think it says anything about Nicks, it says more about the pisters. It Just speaks of how people feel emotionally about the coaching and the club.

If you already dislike Nicks, you can spin it as evidence that he's slow to come up with obvious player tactics.

If you already like Nicks, you can spin it as evidence that he has an open mind to the contributions of other, and he's willing to try things.

I don't think it says anything about Nicks, it says more about the pisters. It Just speaks of how people feel emotionally about the coaching and the club.
Cmon Fonzie, you can say it, there’s only one side having to spin it, just like you’re tying to do again

Disappointing then because he would take up a main list spot for at least 2 years if that is correct.
Dont worry BZT is not coming to adelaide. Would not want kelly either.

The only ones worth looking at with SA connections but are all contracted are ballard, cox, wilkie. Otherwise I would stick with what we have and focus on a ROB replacement (not grundy).

sounds like GC have put hollands on the table. difficult to price him you wouldnt want to pay more than a 2nd now but I'm sure GC think they are getting pick 7 for him.

I think the original point was nicks shouldn’t get any credit for putting him there.
Which clearly he shouldn’t.
Did you listen to the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back