2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still reckon Taylor isn't that far away.
He was excellent.

Would’ve had at least 25 touches and half a dozen clearances to my eye and looked really smooth and confident out there. Stayed in the game too which has been an issue for him, that improved fitness base would be helping no doubt but also I think he was concentrating more.

He was excellent.

Would’ve had at least 25 touches and half a dozen clearances to my eye and looked really smooth and confident out there. Stayed in the game too which has been an issue for him, that improved fitness base would be helping no doubt but also I think he was concentrating more.

Ahead of Berry as your next inside mid to come in?

Curtin is Mcasey. Mcasey is Curtin.

I’m being silly.

But I’m also a little concerned due to my Mcasey ptsd.
He didn’t really get beaten one on one, was just caught trailing on the lead a few times.

Had a good last quarter and i thought he moved better today. His follow up work was good, when he had one touch he often had another straight after.

Still don’t think he’s the most natural defender, he’s a midfielder to my eye and I would like to see him get some time in there on occasion if he’s not finding the pill down back.

He didn’t really get beaten one on one, was just caught trailing on the lead a few times.

Had a good last quarter and i thought he moved better today. His follow up work was good, if he one touch he often had another straight after.

Still don’t think he’s the most natural defender, he’s a midfielder to my eye and I would like to see him get some time in there on occasion if he’s not finding the pill down back.

Where do you play him? Floating third tall or just man up and don't give him the proper big boys?

Where do you play him? Floating third tall or just man up and don't give him the proper big boys?
As a loose defender I think skittle, he’s such a lovely kick of the ball and is calm with his decision making.

I do see what they’re trying to do however, he is learning skills that will be important in the long run. But to me we need to feed him the ball as much as possible ala Stewart at the cats, at the moment he’s playing quite deep and I don’t think that suits him all that much.

As a loose defender I think skittle, he’s such a lovely kick of the ball and is calm with his decision making.

I do see what they’re trying to do however, he is learning skills that will be important in the long run. But to me we need to feed him the ball as much as possible ala Stewart at the cats.

It seems the natural fit at this stage, just worried where that leaves Worrell as I thought he was going to excel in that role this year.

It seems the natural fit at this stage, just worried where that leaves Worrell as I thought he was going to excel in that role this year.
I don't think it'll preclude Worrell from still being attacking when he gets his opportunities. That feels like his natural style, so I don't think you can completely eliminate that from his game.

I don't think it'll preclude Worrell from still being attacking when he gets his opportunities. That feels like his natural style, so I don't think you can completely eliminate that from his game.

True and given Curtin's ceiling we don't want to impede his optimal development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do see what they’re trying to do however, he is learning skills that will be important in the long run. But to me we need to feed him the ball as much as possible ala Stewart at the cats, at the moment he’s playing quite deep and I don’t think that suits him all that much.
should play him on the wing i think bigman, then later on centre square

defence is a decent grounding for him, but agree he's not a natural defender

should play him on the wing i think bigman, then later on centre square

defence is a decent grounding for him, but agree he's not a natural defender

You'd assume Sholl's wing spot will open up, assuming he has one and isn't sub. Other than that, hard to see him displacing anyone. Doubt Hinge's poor form continues and we look pretty settled across the park.

Run Down Tackles​

Run Down Tackles will be added to the MRP’s guidelines in terms of reportable offences, if they are deemed to be dangerous in nature where the player has been driven into the ground with excessive force.

So...when get you tackled, you now throw yourself forwards and try to hit the ground flat with your chest. Instant free kick and possible report.

Do they ever think these things through?

Sanfl site couldn’t spell Curtins name right

Curtain, Edwards, J. Boyle, Haysman, Cook, Hamill, Taylor, Ryan, Nankervis, Dowling, Gallagher, Parnell, T. Murray, Bond, Welsh, Strachan, Madgen, Davis, Sigal, Burton, Smithson, Tahana, McDonald, Thomas, H. Boyle, O’Leary

Curtain, Edwards, J. Boyle, Haysman, Cook, Hamill, Taylor, Ryan, Nankervis, Dowling, Gallagher, Parnell, T. Murray, Bond, Welsh, Strachan, Madgen, Davis, Sigal, Burton, Smithson, Tahana, McDonald, Thomas, H. Boyle, O’Leary

They do amateur hour well.

They’re obviously blind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back