Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

How are ticket sales going for the MCG games this weekend?
Hawks v Cats on Easter Monday is the big one..

Tigers v Swans is an intriguing watch too

The ground doesn't hold 42k anymore

It doesn’t hold much more than it did tonight. The two finals last year only just got to 36k.

Tonight was the biggest H & A game at the Gabba since the pandemic, and the second biggest since 2010.

My comment was in regards to Marvel.. It holds 55,000 but Essendon home games can only cater for 40-44K.
And with that, it seems to me that Essendon home game attendence figures would substantially improve if they had the MCG as their home ground.

Can only hope they are financially better off by making that choice.
They will almost certainly be playing an extra home game at the MCG from next year, means this fixture would likely be an MCG fixture. Easter Saturday ‘twilight’ slot is traditionally a very good crowd slot. Many strong Easter Saturday crowds over the years so it’s certainly going to be a missed opportunity for thousands of fans tomorrow.

MCG games Sunday and Monday fascinating. Richmond / Swans may struggle to get above 45K. Tigers crowds certainly a watch this year, under some pressure as the era comes to a close.. Hawks / Cats should draw 60-65K.

MCG games Sunday and Monday fascinating. Richmond / Swans may struggle to get above 45K. Tigers crowds certainly a watch this year, under some pressure as the era comes to a close.. Hawks / Cats should draw 6060-65K.

The Average since 97 is 38k, and Easter Sunday always depresses crowds. Plus Richmond's 0-3 start. Hitting 40k would be a great turnout.

Richmond/Swans have only hit 45k 4 times, and only twice this century.

And with that, it seems to me that Essendon home game attendence figures would substantially improve if they had the MCG as their home ground.
Sometimes although little evidence that it would help much against small interstate sides like port and freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Average since 97 is 38k, and Easter Sunday always depresses crowds. Plus Richmond's 0-3 start. Hitting 40k would be a great turnout.

Richmond/Swans have only hit 45k 4 times, and only twice this century.

Spare a thought for the Dogs Eagles crowd with a partial level 3 shutdown. Might get below 20k on Easter Sunday

Pre-match Pav said they were expecting 47/48k for Freo vs Adelaide.

Record crowd between the two teams is 46,431 at AO in 2016.

Record Freo home game crowd is 37,172 at Subi in 2007.

Will be nice to see a couple records tick over.

yearLeageRoundHomeAwayVenueAttendanceCapacity% cap
2024AFL3 (4)North MelbourneCarltonMarvel stadium47,56553,35989%
2023AFL4North MelbourneCarltonMarvel stadium49,06253,35992%
2022AFL5North MelbourneWestern BulldogsMarvel stadium32,16253,35960%
2021AFL3North MelbourneWestern BulldogsMarvel stadium28,05753,35953%
2019AFL5North MelbourneEssendonMarvel stadium48,27853,35990%
2018AFL2North MelbourneSt KildaMarvel stadium33,96653,35964%
2017AFL4North MelbourneWestern BulldogsMarvel stadium42,81453,35980%
Average40,27253,35975%

Freo is smashing crowds out of the park, ironically off the back of poor form and not sure you can say it’s still a new stadium upswing other than the capacity boost.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond crowds will come back to reality this year.

Unlike most the Richmond supporters in here I have always firmly felt we are the smallest of the big four, meaning we are big none the less and I am more than okay with that.

I think if Essendon ever get gojng, they may have the ability to make Collingwood seem mediocre, but that’s a debate for another day.

Last weekend saw 30K Rock up to the first home game, but this week we contend with 0-3, half a team out again and Easter Sunday being the day most family do Easter things.

25-28K Tiges and 8-10K Swans will see a ceiling of about 35K on Sunday arvo.

What goes up, must come down and luckily for the AFL it looks like it’s the blues turn to awaken the next sleeping giant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If performances like tonight are going to continue, then Adelaide's crowds are going to plummet back to 2022 level. Crows fans like myself are disillusioned where we are at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back