Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Hopefully we add him and hopefully the AFL loosen up the rules, so we can poach him.

F/S and Academy kids should all be available to their teams, but the teams simply have to pay full price.
Seems like a real opportunity for our good friend Laura to prove us all wrong and bend the rules for the Hawks. Add him to our academy and add 2 more elite talents at years end. Roughy goes berserk to rebalance the list and 2025 we are the team that makes top 4 from outside the 8!

I have a soccer background but I think the AFL is a magical and addictive game, so he goes my knowledge. LOL. I think they should stop father a son rule, NGA and any other form of vantage So any kid has the same possibility and expectation.... if your father was a great player don't you want to do your own legacy I do understand those less fortunate like indigenous and different background in those cases let help them before its conclusion so they can be what they want to become (sorry ingles second languages) please dont shoot-me

KPD's
Harry O’Farrell (Calder Cannons)
Noah Mraz (Dandy Stingrays)
Riley White (Eastern Ranges)
Cooper Trembath (Eastern Ranges)
Will Rantall (GWV Rebels)
Tadhg McCarthy (Oakleigh Chargers)
Lachlan Voss (Sandy Dragons)
Not sure if Noah Mraz can play elite footy, but his distant uncle Jason can definitely punch out a Smooth FM tune.

Give the kid a guitar and he will make Clarko look like Tiny Tim.

KPD's
Harry O’Farrell (Calder Cannons)
Noah Mraz (Dandy Stingrays)
Riley White (Eastern Ranges)
Cooper Trembath (Eastern Ranges)
Will Rantall (GWV Rebels)
Tadhg McCarthy (Oakleigh Chargers)
Lachlan Voss (Sandy Dragons)

1.Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm - probably the best KPD option in the draft, likely to go top 10 imo

2.Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 193cm - has filled out and looks fantastic this pre-season, has been highly rated for a couple years now, but i think if he has a big year might push for 1st round contention

3.Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm - got concussed and will miss round 1 at least, has the height, but has yet to really perform when i have watched, not sure on combine results, not sure yet

4.Lachlan Voss - Sandringham - 199cm - Sandy have big wraps on him, 19 yo, he is available for MSD if he impresses

5.Cooper Trembath - Eastern - 193cm - 19 yo KPD available for MSD if good enough, lacks athleticism

6.Remy Mclean - Eastern - 195cm - 19 yo KPD available for MSD if good enough, lacks athleticism

-------------------------

7.Riley White - Eastern - 191cm - likely medium def at next level, was a part of the Eastern team that made the GF

8.Tadgh McCarthy - Oakleigh - 191cm - a bit short for KPD, likely a medium defender at the next level

theres not many other options interstate, maybe Tom Luck from SA at this stage, so the depth for this position isnt the best.

1.Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm - probably the best KPD option in the draft, likely to go top 10 imo

2.Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 193cm - has filled out and looks fantastic this pre-season, has been highly rated for a couple years now, but i think if he has a big year might push for 1st round contention

3.Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm - got concussed and will miss round 1 at least, has the height, but has yet to really perform when i have watched, not sure on combine results, not sure yet

4.Lachlan Voss - Sandringham - 199cm - Sandy have big wraps on him, 19 yo, he is available for MSD if he impresses

5.Cooper Trembath - Eastern - 193cm - 19 yo KPD available for MSD if good enough, lacks athleticism

6.Remy Mclean - Eastern - 195cm - 19 yo KPD available for MSD if good enough, lacks athleticism

-------------------------

7.Riley White - Eastern - 191cm - likely medium def at next level, was a part of the Eastern team that made the GF

8.Tadgh McCarthy - Oakleigh - 191cm - a bit short for KPD, likely a medium defender at the next level

theres not many other options interstate, maybe Tom Luck from SA at this stage, so the depth for this position isnt the best.
We have no more list spots for a MSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean i already mentioned this a while back
Suspect they change it to 20 from 40 just to mock us when he goes at pick 19. Unless we get another early pick or draft him with our first he wasn’t ending up with us anyway. Shame looks a real talent.

Moraes won't last until pick 40 anyways so outside of not having closer visual access to him it is what it is
Moraes trained with us. That is when I mentioned he wasn't eligible. The under pick 40 is not relevant.

Moraes trained with us. That is when I mentioned he wasn't eligible. The under pick 40 is not relevant.
I'm well aware of this T4P. I just assumed that unlike Tew last season we now won't have Moraes train with us only. Having a player right under your nose is a huge leg up even if you only have draft access up to pick 40. It sux but the point I was making that unless the AFL brings the rules from pick 40 into something like pick 20 mentioned by FB19 above then we weren't going to get him anyways.

If we were interested in Moraes and his draft range is between picks 10-20 and we were to finish bottom 5 then we could look at splitting our pick. We could take Moares with the higher pick and then offer the lower pick for Bailey Smith. IMO though I'd much rather us just take the BPA in the draft and if we really want Smith that badly then we might need to look at trading a player for him. That will all be dependant on what Smith wants though but that is a topic for the Hypothetical thread.

I mean i already mentioned this a while back
Perhaps you could've let our recruiting and list team know back in February as they took the time to ask the AFL.

You don't ask, you don't get.

All mids at this stage.
O’Sullivan, Smith & Smille. O’Sullivan is a Walsh type, Smith is an Anderson type & Smille is a Bont type.
My smokey is Shanahan, a 193cm forward who has seriously elite contested marking.
I think Smillie is more Tom Greene. Contested bull, with great hands and athleticism.

Smillie and O'Sullivan look to be the two to contest for pick 1. Both have enough unique abilities to stand out and consistently impact games. O'Sullivan rolls around like a rolls royce and makes things look easy, think McCluggage.

Smith looks more limited in comparison, doesn't like contested footy. Think Nick Daicos without as much class and kicking ability.

He's not for this draft, but oh me oh my Oli Greeves looks like a superstar. Might be up for an underage season on par with Harley.

Without looking at the stats, FOS and Smilie went well without being outstanding. Only caught the second half, but Smilies hands are exceptionally clean and his footskills are great given the pressure he's often under. Seemed oddly positioned at a few contests, but it seemed they were trying to get some others in prime spot. Moreas was outstanding, takes contact a lot better than last season and showed some good composure. He still needs to stop the pop-up handballs when he gets tackled, but he was brilliant around the ground. Jagga Smith got a lot of the footy, seems to really get under his kicks when under pressure. Seems to have filled out a bit over the break.

Will post the stats when they come through, interested to see how eastern developed such a commanding lead in the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back