List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Ainsworth as a free agent would be worth a look. Almost a second ANB as a hard working small forward who runs both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d like us to have another crack at Tom Lynch come end of year. What Richmond ask for would be interesting but at worst he’s a good option for a couple of years.
Did we have a crack at him last year? It'd have to be a situation where Richmond just want to get him off their books and are willing to take a second rounder or something. Don't see it happening.

I’d like us to have another crack at Tom Lynch come end of year. What Richmond ask for would be interesting but at worst he’s a good option for a couple of years.
He'd be alright for the one game he plays per month.

Wouldn't help us much IMO, can't get any continuity with an ageing forward focal point who's perpetually injured.

Logan McDonald is still out of contract this year I think? Know the WA pull is seemingly there, but we'd have to be having a nibble.

Outside of that, I reckon Petty is more likely to stay now, but if he wanted a trade again perhaps Fogarty would be a good return?

Logan McDonald is still out of contract this year I think? Know the WA pull is seemingly there, but we'd have to be having a nibble.

Outside of that, I reckon Petty is more likely to stay now, but if he wanted a trade again perhaps Fogarty would be a good return?

I like Fogarty but if he was in a swap for Petty I’d want more than that. If crows don’t want to pay overs just kick the can down the road until end of 2025 and see if we can entice a KPF from another club by then.

I like Fogarty but if he was in a swap for Petty I’d want more than that. If crows don’t want to pay overs just kick the can down the road until end of 2025 and see if we can entice a KPF from another club by then.

Depends what happens rest of the year - Petty and Fogarty have very different form lines this year, I could see it being a straight swap as it stands tbh. If Petty gets going though it will help for sure. Reckon Fogarty is better than his stats may show given how Tex-centric they are.

Also, perhaps we think about this guy again...

Rumblings starting in the media that Jack Lukosius is gettable this year. Fits our needs in terms of age and position, and can't imagine he'd be an expensive trade. Do we have a crack?

Still a hard no for me. I get we should look at all options but his lack of physicality and competitiveness really shits me. Fritsch is already lacking that stuff, no way can we have two forwards like that.

That's probably fair - But I would also say he would likely provide more pressure/competitiveness than any of Brown, Schache, Fullarton and Jefferson, so only JVR and Petty would be in front of him and that would mean we're covered for the two eventual outcomes of either Petty leaving or TMac retiring in a year meaning Petty goes back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fogarty's strength is he's a decent lead & mark forward and kick them from anywhere within 55m. Does nothing unless he gets good delivery though. Would have no hope with us.

Still a hard no for me. I get we should look at all options but his lack of physicality and competitiveness really shits me. Fritsch is already lacking that stuff, no way can we have two forwards like that.
I think you're underestimating his talent a bit.

In my opinion you can't have a team choc full of physical competitive animals otherwise it just throws the balance out of wack and you get a bunch of 22 Tom Sparrows.

I actually think Lukosious is a gun. In 22 games last year he kicked 39 goals as a forward. On that form alone he would have won our goal kicking.

He's just come off a 5 goals performance last night against Geelong after playing down back previous weeks and I think that's his other asset as well, he can roll down back and be that quarter back because of his pin point foot skills. Very Jack Watts like.

He's not the big pack marking forward everyone wants, but even the game is moving away from that. Collingwoods best forward last year was a short indigenous small forward.

Lukosious is another goal kicking option who actually can hit the scoreboard which I think we'd be silly not to at least ask the question.

Only 23 years of age and has played 105 games at AFL level. Upside is huge imo.

Ben Ainsworth as a free agent would be worth a look. Almost a second ANB as a hard working small forward who runs both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wanted him for us, in his draft year.
Back when I wanted us to bring in quick agile smalls. In the mold of the Tiges model. We have since gone this way.

I don't mind Fogarty but he would look terrible in our forward line.
Another who i wanted us to get after, following his first couple of seasons with the crows.
Buy in the low market.

Tex will be done with imo, this year. Maybe Tex could be an option for 2 seasons, at bottom dollar.
He might be just the tonic to help JvR out.? Physicality he has.

ps: Petty for Crows 1st Rnd pick, plus Tex. 2 Yrs of the Texan would see us ready for Jefferson to take flight. He could help coach the younger guys.

I think you're underestimating his talent a bit.

In my opinion you can't have a team choc full of physical competitive animals otherwise it just throws the balance out of wack and you get a bunch of 22 Tom Sparrows.

I actually think Lukosious is a gun. In 22 games last year he kicked 39 goals as a forward. On that form alone he would have won our goal kicking.

He's just come off a 5 goals performance last night against Geelong after playing down back previous weeks and I think that's his other asset as well, he can roll down back and be that quarter back because of his pin point foot skills. Very Jack Watts like.

He's not the big pack marking forward everyone wants, but even the game is moving away from that. Collingwoods best forward last year was a short indigenous small forward.

Lukosious is another goal kicking option who actually can hit the scoreboard which I think we'd be silly not to at least ask the question.

Only 23 years of age and has played 105 games at AFL level. Upside is huge imo.
I'd rather we use the pick we would spend... in the draft on a young tall. Another switch hitter with some speed.

Most clubs will presumably want to hit the draft hard before Tassie get 2 or 3 years of access to the top.

Will be interesting to see if any clubs with strong lists (like ours) take that as an opportunity to trade out picks for established players in the hope there will be better value around.

Most clubs will presumably want to hit the draft hard before Tassie get 2 or 3 years of access to the top.

Will be interesting to see if any clubs with strong lists (like ours) take that as an opportunity to trade out picks for established players in the hope there will be better value around.
I think we should be doing likewise to stay in the top echelon.

Lynch would be worth more to Richmond than us imo. They wouldn't want to Norf themselves and move on all their senior players. For us he'd be a low percentage hail Mary at a flag which basically never work out.

rumours saying that we are serioulsy into Will Brodie from Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back