Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn: "We need more Key Forwards"
Fans: "We should trade Mitch Lewis for picks"

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You know why though yeah - he misses too many games.

If Dear comes on and McCabe goes forward (As mentioned by Tops)

We get Battle - Possibly Windsor/Tholstrup?

Well, it might not be a bad idea - plus this is a hypothetical thread.

A fresh start for both parties might not be all that bad.

Last week it was Scrimshaw and now this week it's Mitch Lewis.
People keep plucking these names out of the blue for shits and giggles I'm sure of that.
The same thing used to happen with us when we were winning premierships accept in those times we were the ones on the receiving end of the <insert player name>. Oh how times have changed.

If Dear comes on and McCabe goes forward (As mentioned by Tops)

We get Battle - Possibly Windsor/Tholstrup?

Well, it might not be a bad idea - plus this is a hypothetical thread.

A fresh start for both parties might not be all that bad.
Dear and McCabe need a few years at least to come on as AFL level Key Forwards. Even Buddy and Rough took 3-4 to start hitting their straps.

Arguing that he misses too many games so let's have him play no games is as ******* stupid as it gets. We need tall targets now, not in 5 years time. Our mids need targets to kick it to.

Look at North, they let McKay go to pick up Duursma, which is basically what we'd be doing with Lewis. Their defense is woeful, they are leaking goals like crazy and are going to continue to leak goals for a while yet. If they continue to be s**t, all their great young talent will want to jump ship. Which is exactly what happened with Gold Coast. It is not a good plan to follow.

It absolutely is a terrible idea.

So the reason he holds no real value to a side that needs key talls is the reason another side will pay top dollar?

Makes no sense.

He’s either dependable and required by us, or he’s not and other clubs will see it that way too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Sam’s comments on Mitch Lewis were intriguing post game. I reckon both parties will be happy for a trade if Lewis hasn’t already gone to market. That will assist in another strong pick.

It won't. It would get a pick around 10-20 and not come close to bringing in a ready made KPF to cover the gap. Trading Lewis will guarantee a prolonged rebuild.

So the reason he holds no real value to a side that needs key talls is the reason another side will pay top dollar?

Makes no sense.

He’s either dependable and required by us, or he’s not and other clubs will see it that way too.
I’m on the keep Lewis side of things but this isn’t exactly fair. Clubs in different stages can afford to take different levels of risk.

A club that’s a key forward away from winning a premiership may well gamble on a guy like Lewis given the upside. The dees window will close in the next few years when gawn and co retire.

Dees won't pay this much.

Nor is two late top 10 picks equivalent in value.

The loss of Lewis would set us back 5 years in the rebuild.
I agree, pure speculation but two top ten picks would be the minimum.
You might be surprised to learn we would consider it. Not saying we are taking it, but don’t close your mind.

You might be surprised to learn we would consider it. Not saying we are taking it, but don’t close your mind.
It's more the fact that Melbourne would never offer two top 10 picks for an injury prone forward.

Come on Melbourne FC get to work. Two top ten picks and he is yours.

By the way, I do not care if they are spread over two years.
No thanks.

Top 10 picks aren’t the panacea to our desperation for talls, particularly in this draft. They’ll take 5 years to develop too.

Just look at North.

No club is ever going to offer two top 10 picks for Lewis. Jeremy Cameron was a far more tantalising prospect than Lewis and he yielded picks 13, 15 and 20 with two second rounders coming back. That kind of return is just never going to happen.

If Melbourne somehow get their hands on two top 10 picks by trading Harrison Petty

And Offer them for Mitch Lewis

We would obviously look

But it aint gonna happen

I’m on the keep Lewis side of things but this isn’t exactly fair. Clubs in different stages can afford to take different levels of risk.

A club that’s a key forward away from winning a premiership may well gamble on a guy like Lewis given the upside. The dees window will close in the next few years when gawn and co retire.
Yeah, they’ll gamble, and offer us a late first round pick at best.

It doesn’t help us, only send us backwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back