Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So when do you think Buddy/Pickering started talking to Sydney ?
Player talking to a club and clubs talking to other clubs are 2 totally different things. If you think a deal of a contract player has been agreed to 8 weeks into the season then I can’t help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

North muppets moved onto Mitch Lewis

Muppets

Sure thing - pick 1 and whatever you get for LDU as a starting offer. Lewis isn’t worth it but we should show those flogs zero mercy if we have to trade with them.

Sure thing - pick 1 and whatever you get for LDU as a starting offer. Lewis isn’t worth it but we should show those flogs zero mercy if we have to trade with them.
How odd would it be if Lewis and Morrison end up at North? With Larkey that makes picks 73,74 and 76 in the 2016 draft!

We have one MSD spot yes?

Can anyone remember what the knock on Tom Highmore was?

I recall he got a busted hand or something, and didn't play in his last year at St Kilda.

Always struck me as a gritty tall defender, who put his head over the ball.

Only 26 - worth a look?

193cm 94 kgs

I don't think that we need his type as we have plenty of smallish, key defenders already and need our next drafted or traded in key back needs to be a really big unit to play on the plethora of big tall forwards playing these days.

Last edited:
I don't think that we need his type as we have plenty of smallish, key defenders already and need our next drafted or traded in key back needs to be a really big unit to play on the plethora of big tall forwards playing these days.
Reeves to CHB anyone?😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid Season Draft.

Dan Butler will not play again this year. Who do we want for a MSD extended trial at the Hawks.

Personally, if we Pass, I’ll not be upset.

Of the touted MSD players, Oscar Smart is the like-for-like replacement for Butts.

I am not seeing too many standouts… No Jye Newcomb, No Ned Moyle, No Max Ramsden. And while I am at it , No Jacob Edwards, who I would have loved in the 2021 MSD, but proved a bust.

Max Hall has been great for Box Hill … and he was talked about for the 2023 MSD… an excellent VFL player and likely a solid AFL player.

Mid Season Draft.

Dan Butler will not play again this year. Who do we want for a MSD extended trial at the Hawks.

Personally, if we Pass, I’ll not be upset.

Of the touted MSD players, Oscar Smart is the like-for-like replacement for Butts.

I am not seeing too many standouts… No Jye Newcomb, No Ned Moyle, No Max Ramsden. And while I am at it , No Jacob Edwards, who I would have loved in the 2021 MSD, but proved a bust.

Max Hall has been great for Box Hill … and he was talked about for the 2023 MSD… an excellent VFL player and likely a solid AFL player.
Elliot, MacLachlan, and speedy player from s.a would be the key ones available if north don’t take the key back from w.a

Part of me thinks we will open up a second spot. Would take a delisting though and may be seen as to harsh.

Elliot, MacLachlan, and speedy player from s.a would be the key ones available if north don’t take the key back from w.a

Part of me thinks we will open up a second spot. Would take a delisting though and may be seen as to harsh.
I don’t think you can delist mid season you can retire or put a player on LTI but would be shocked if you could do that. But it’s the AFL so who knows.
Agree above or Noah Howes is someone I think is worth a punt. McLachlan would be a nice addition as a third forward though.

IMG_0441.jpeg
The thought of Bailey Smith being a Hawk in 2025 and beyond makes me salivate at the mouth 🤤 Could be an absolute superstar in Sam's system. His performance in that 2021 Semi-Final is enough alone to make me say to myself that we cannot pass up the opportunity to get a player of his calibre, no matter what it takes (so long as what it takes doesn't include derailing the future). I would easily give up our first pick this year (or if we split it), even in a draft where it seems there will be star mids galore, because I believe Bailey Smith is that good of a player.

And illegal!

All players are contracted at least for the year they are playing in 🤦🏻‍♂️

Only way is via a retirement but nobody is doing that.

View attachment 1990007
The thought of Bailey Smith being a Hawk in 2025 and beyond makes me salivate at the mouth 🤤 Could be an absolute superstar in Sam's system. His performance in that 2021 Semi-Final is enough alone to make me say to myself that we cannot pass up the opportunity to get a player of his calibre, no matter what it takes (so long as what it takes doesn't include derailing the future). I would easily give up our first pick this year (or if we split it), even in a draft where it seems there will be star mids galore, because I believe Bailey Smith is that good of a player.
Is that you Crazy Clarko? As long as it's not for our 1st pick or future 1st. 2021 will be 4 years ago and he's coming off a knee. Those 2 picks are needed for a key forward or 2.

North muppets moved onto Mitch Lewis

Muppets
Wouldn't worry too much, Lewis was one of the "younger guys" who drove the discussion to move on from Clarko.

Can't imagine he'd do a straight 180 and go play for him at a worse club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back