Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people are underestimating Sicily as a forward.

He would be a top 5 KPF if he played there permanently.
I’ve seen you die on this hill and no. He’d be a good forward but I don’t think his natural game suits being a forward long term or for long stints. Short stints and in the middle he is dangerous but he is the best defender in the league when fit and firing, he hasn’t shown that capacity anywhere else and it’s not going to be a long term thing.

Long term I may agree, although that midfield would lack the 'blue collar' hard nosed player with Nash and Worpel both missing from it. On balance I'd say one of them has to play.
I’d agree too so maybe one of them does and someone else on the outside drops out.

You need list depth. We take the players we can
This is not in dispute.
Q is what is the depth composed of?

We don't have gaping holes.
We have competent defenders of all sizes.
Competent mids of most types.
Excellent small forward grouping.
3 KPF of various profiles.

We don't need to add a guy who is just middling and will get in the way of a younger and more talented player because wins/losses aren't as critical right now as they are when we will be contending.

If we were in contention, ready-made backups in various positions would be of more importance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not in dispute.
Q is what is the depth composed of?

We don't have gaping holes.
We have competent defenders of all sizes.
Competent mids of most types.
Excellent small forward grouping.
3 KPF of various profiles.

We don't need to add a guy who is just middling and will get in the way of a younger and more talented player because wins/losses aren't as critical right now as they are when we will be contending.

If we were in contention, ready-made backups in various positions would be of more importance.
He has great skills thats what we need an abundance off. Forget positions and even the look at Amon he is playing half back precisely for the same reason. Maybe Amon moves further up the ground.

Perryman can play wing too. Really good player and would easily be in our best 22. Same with Battle. No point worrying about 'x' HFC player that is worse and mightn't get a game or are pushed out the door bc of it. If you're improving the list without giving up anything other than salary cap (which he have ****loads of) you launch straight into that.

So be it.

Yeah I'm not saying that as if it's a negative or a reason to not sign Battle and Perryman. More just an observation. Personally I think we'd only sign one of the two, not both.

I still wonder how we would line up with both in the side, along with Smith.

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Battle - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Smith - Weddle

Moore - Lewis - Ginnivan
Watson - Chol - Hardwick

Bench from:
Perryman, D'Ambrosio, CJ, Worpel, Nash, Mackenzie, MacDonald, Ward, Dear, Phillips, Blanck, Wingard.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not saying that as if it's a negative or a reason to not sign Battle and Perryman. More just an observation. Personally I think we'd only sign one of the two, not both.

I still wonder how we would line up with both in the side, along with Smith.

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Battle - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Smith - Weddle

Moore - Lewis - Ginnivan
Watson - Chol - Hardwick

Bench from:
Perryman, D'Ambrosio, CJ, Worpel, Nash, Mackenzie, MacDonald, Ward, Dear, Phillips, Blanck.
Please tell me why you don’t take both. Offers the HFC far more List flexibility. Both are free agents. Who has the money?

Perryman would be very handy off a wing for us. Was a bit more attacking back around 2020 and played further up the ground and hit the scoreboard a fair bit. Then moved to half back for a while where he did well, and then recently looks good on the wing. Also would fit into our model of rotating wings/half backs as well. I have been noticing him as a UFA for a while wondering if we would have a nibble so am glad to hear we are interested. Anyone who is a walkup start in our 22 as a UFA is very much worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back