Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to recall we've been linked to Ralphsmith in the past. Can anyone confirm that? He's shown some real speed and spread a few times tonight. Looks to have some points of difference.

Admittedly not seen a heap of him over the journey though.

I seem to recall we've been linked to Ralphsmith in the past. Can anyone confirm that? He's shown some real speed and spread a few times tonight. Looks to have some points of difference.

Admittedly not seen a heap of him over the journey though.
His Dad played for the HFC. Not up to it however.

His Dad played for the HFC. Not up to it however.
Yes - of course.

That’s why he was drafted in 2018 and has been on the list of a multiple premiership club for the past 5 seasons.

Playing 37 AFL games (and counting) which is more than quite a few players on our list.

A list which has achieved far less in the past 5 seasons than Richmond - or have I got that wrong?

Yes - of course.

That’s why he was drafted in 2018 and has been on the list of a multiple premiership club for the past 5 seasons.

Playing 37 AFL games (and counting) which is more than quite a few players on our list.

A list which has achieved far less in the past 5 seasons than Richmond - or have I got that wrong?
You make good points - all of them.
However, a squad player at a club that has achieved more than us over that period is not necessarily someone you take as a rebuilding club.

As I pointed out in another thread, it's too early for us to be building depth. We need to prioritise discovery of high-level talent first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - of course.

You'd may as well make the same case for Kyle Cheney. Doesn't mean he was up to it.

You'd may as well make the same case for Kyle Cheney. Doesn't mean he was up to it.
Well he managed to hoodwink 3 AFL clubs including their list Managers and senior coaches for 11 years.

You don’t play 85 games if you’re “not up to it”.

Do people think someone needs to play 200+ games to be an actual AFL standard player?

Well he managed to hoodwink 3 AFL clubs including their list Managers and senior coaches for 11 years.

You don’t play 85 games if you’re “not up to it”.

Do people think someone needs to play 200+ games to be an actual AFL standard player?
I think what he meant is, Cumberland is an okay player, but not what we need. When fully fit we have a group of about 6-8 players that would be above / around his level that cant make the team already. Need to target guys that we think will be pieces in our next flag.

I think what he meant is, Cumberland is an okay player, but not what we need. When fully fit we have a group of about 6-8 players that would be above / around his level that cant make the team already. Need to target guys that we think will be pieces in our next flag.

Ralph-Smith was being discussed, let’s not ever consider Cumberland an acceptable player. He wouldn’t get a game for us, now or ever.

Yes - of course.

Ralph Smith only getting a game because the cupboard is bare at Tigerland.

You make good points - all of them.
However, a squad player at a club that has achieved more than us over that period is not necessarily someone you take as a rebuilding club.

As I pointed out in another thread, it's too early for us to be building depth. We need to prioritise discovery of high-level talent first.
you can do both simultaneously. D'ambrosio is clear proof of that.

Make the list better in any way you can. As long as you don't totally Ned Guy your payment structure and sell off all your assets you can always try and go for superstars while still slowly strengthening each tier of your list

Man Bailey Smith is going to thrive in this midfield.. precisely what we need.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back