News 2024 Leadership Group Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I gave Wines a mulligan last season due to having no preseason whatsoever. The new leadership group is very young by AFL standards, but I see the reasoning behind the choices.

Of those who were overlooked, I think Miles Bergman shows good leadership qualities & it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he joins the ranks in the next few years.

Something I haven’t really been able to sat over the last couple of years, but I actually like the new leadership group. The club has finally listened to the rumblings of its members for a change.

I do want accountability over the leadership group of the previous 2 seasons, like someone from the club admit they got it wrong.

God, I’d be so excited about this and this football club and footy in general if we had anybody else coaching us!
I do feel a sense of excitement in the call and the wholesale change though I think Ollie should have been DVC, in front of Drew. It'll just never be the same sort of excitement that a new coach will bring.

I really love the captain and the leadership group.

Connor is that inspiration player from the midfield who can lead.
We have 1A in Butters who could've easily been the captain but sits as vice-captain.
And then three youngish guys in Powell-Pepper, Houston and Drew.

It shows the club is doubling down on the 2018 draft which is what I would do.

Great work by the club.

I'm also happy to not see Horne-Francis is there... yet.

Do you think Shulzenfest will be launching kittens into the ceiling fan because W Drew is part of the LG?
Why would I be doing that?

He's a good player. I just wouldn't have given him a five year contract because he plays a very specific role for us and I don't think there's any guarantee that role still exists in five years' time, (hopefully) under a different coach.

Pretty cool how on this board if you don't think a player is a rolled gold lock in the best 22 for the next five years you apparently must think they're a useless spud. God forbid anybody have an opinion with some nuance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would I be doing that?

He's a good player. I just wouldn't have given him a five year contract because he plays a very specific role for us and I don't think there's any guarantee that role still exists in five years' time, (hopefully) under a different coach.

Pretty cool how on this board if you don't think a player is a rolled gold lock in the best 22 for the next five years you apparently must think they're a useless spud. God forbid anybody have an opinion with some nuance.
Yep, DBJ is on the phase out pile now, was named DVC and given a grandfather offer. There is no correlation between certain success and leadership selection/massive contracts.

Do you think Shulzenfest will be launching kittens into the ceiling fan because W Drew is part of the LG?
angry cat GIF

Seems a very common sense leadership group, which is surprising.
Thinking back to the thread we had on here a few months ago, really the only difference from our consensus pick would be Drew over Aliir for the last place.

Always hard to judge these things from the outside but it appears a much better group than prior year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back