News 2023 Leadership Group Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, it's entirely possible that DBJ reverses his form slump of the past two years. But it's entirely possible he doesn't as well.

As for Jonas, at 32, it's very unlikely that he will recapture anything like his best form and very likely that his decline is terminal.

Wines as captain was a no brainer but of course they screwed it up.

Did anyone honestly expect our spineless Club to do anything on this front?

Can't change anything as that may allude to something possibly being wrong to begin with. Can't hurt anyone's feelings as that may make them withdraw, become scared, and unable to share their stories with the group. And couldn't ever possibly look to change to actually improve on any level because all we do on that front is use words, actions are a no-no.

DBJ? LOL - he hasn't got a cell of leadership within his whole being. How did that even happen to start with?

No surprises. Might as well save these changes until next year when we either have a recontracted Hinkley, or we have someone else at the helm who can appoint their own leadership group. Next captain highly likely to be Wines but Rozee also not a bad option. I doubt they're going anywhere.

This Is Fine GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyone in the slightest bit surprised.

There’s a broom next year.

We’ve got kids I’m going every week to watch but this is just a reminder of where we are at to curb my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

So potentially 2 young players have their development stalled due to having to pick "leadership" players despite form ahead of them. It's just so Ken isn't it. Too nicey nice. No *in balls.

Darcy Byrne-Jones in the leadership group... now that's funny. I can name about 5 others ahead of DBJ who are leadership material.
Rozee, Burton, Boak, Houston, Aliir, Dixon, Marshall, Butters, SPP, I'd have all them before him personally.
I mean, it's entirely possible that DBJ reverses his form slump of the past two years. But it's entirely possible he doesn't as well.

As for Jonas, at 32, it's very unlikely that he will recapture anything like his best form and very likely that his decline is terminal.

Wines as captain was a no brainer but of course they screwed it up.
The problem with DBJ is he just doesn't offer much. His decision making is poor, with regards to disposal and defending. His quick turnover kicks, his sagging off opponents letting them get easy touches hurt us so much. Then you have his overhead defending and his lack of desperation that he regularly shows, particularly with relation to smothers.

Really the only thing he does well is come off the back of the square and read the play at the back of the contest. A skill many could do.

Burgoyne offers a heck of a lot more than DBJ on every level, skill, speed, 1:1, overhead, etc.

Houston, Burton clearly a mile ahead.

Jones, Bergman, Sinn all have bucket loads more potential.

DBJ is a solid player, but anyone thinking he is the clear long term HBF/BP for us is kidding themselves. He should be phased out.

I was expecting to see DBJ spend less time on the field this season especially with Dan moving back to defence. He’s an accumulator that doesn’t have much hurt factor and can be defensively weak.

Well, throw that expectation out the window. Once a favourite always a favourite for Kenny boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back