News 2023 Leadership Group Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the players don't want Wines as captain. Don't they vote on it?

Just realised how our leader shape group was chosen

friends fail GIF

The Ballot:

leadership ballot.jpg

The result:

Leader Shape group.png

Offer Dougal Howard the captaincy to come back. He was anointed as a future leader before they traded him 5 minutes later.

2024 Leadership Group - Rozee, Marshall, Butters, Allir, JHF, SPP, Pickett

Trade Wines, DBJ, Ken
Delist Jonas

Connor Rozee, right age our best player can change a game
JHF in the leadership group, he already has more intensity in a game than anyone.

Burton C
Aliir VC
SPP VC

Rozee, Marshall, Butters, Horne-Francis all need to focus on their games.

I'm leaning towards a short term option until JHF is ready (if we don't just give it straight to him).

I dont want to put in another young captain who is going to block his path for a decade.

There aren't many options in that 28+ age bracket though.

Probably just Ollie or AA.

I wouldn't trust Koch and Ken bot to give it to Lycett for the PR of an old Port boy becoming captain..

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a broom through the place once Hinkley & Koch are gone.

2024 Leadership group:

Connor (C), Aliir (VC) and JHF (DVC).

I think that the leadership group needs a significant changing of the guard in 2024. I wouldn’t even keep Wines in it. I still have no idea how DBJ is vice-captain.

I would elevate Houston and Rozee to the group. Before Houston’s Covid indiscretion with Ladhams he was on track to be captain one day. He has definitely matured and could see him wearing the #1 in the near future.
I am just not sure wines is captain material as a stop gap between Jonas and Houston.

I think that the leadership group needs a significant changing of the guard in 2024. I wouldn’t even keep Wines in it. I still have no idea how DBJ is vice-captain.

I would elevate Houston and Rozee to the group. Before Houston’s Covid indiscretion with Ladhams he was on track to be captain one day. He has definitely matured and could see him wearing the #1 in the near future.
I am just not sure wines is captain material as a stop gap between Jonas and Houston.

Whilst the leadership group wasn't formally changed this year, Butters and Rozee were added to the behind the scenes leadership meetings. Given that Jonas won't be in it next year, I won't be surprised in the slightest to see both the aforementioned added to the group - it is the young players now who are driving the uncompromising standards at the Club, as opposed to the no hopers like Jonas who see the role as a token for their status within the cesspool of Adelaide's social standings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back