List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I question what impact would an academy prospect have on a local footy clubs run to finals anyway. If they have to rely on 16-18 year olds for a (in the grand scheme of things) meaningless local league title then they have bigger problems than some young bloke wanting to take the next step and test themselves.
It is not meaningless to them ...

If we doing 6 months maybe yes look at a couple of our VFL guys
Lohmann brother and Thomas for a couple of spots on 6 months.

What about Blake Coleman getting another chance. Where did he end up.
Would be good to get someone with some speed in for 18 months

Although if I was young player and got a chance to get into a AFL team for at least 6 months
You think a few want to grab that chance and show everyone they should be kept

I saw something which was posted discussing injury lists from a replaceability perspective. Effectively a deep dive on depth charts and stats etc.

We are in the small bundle of clubs (I think West Coast and Richmond were the other two) which have been worst hit in the sense that we have so many injuries to firm best 22 players, many of who play positions/roles that can't easily be replaced / we have limited depth for.

Despite Carlton fans on here constantly claiming they have a long injury list, their injuries are largely to fringe or not best 22 players + spots that are easily replaceable, eg Motlop and Martin have been out but covered by Owies and Durden where the difference in output between those players is marginal.

'I love it here': Lions star not fazed by contract delay​

Out-of-contract Lion Hugh McCluggage has a long-term offer from Brisbane in front of him, as well as extensive interest from Victorian clubs
By Michael Whiting
5 hrs ago
ZMEDp5N4.jpg

Hugh McCluggage celebrates with fans after Brisbane defeated Melbourne at MCG in round five, 2024. Picture: Getty Images

IN DEMAND Brisbane midfielder Hugh McCluggage says he "loves" the Lions and living in Queensland but is in no rush to make a decision about his long-term future.

As reported by AFL.com.au's Inside Trading last month, McCluggage, who is a restricted free agent and out of contract at season's end, has a long-term offer from Brisbane in front of him, as well as extensive interest from Victorian clubs.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1114761...ase-eagle-elliot-yeo-saint-brad-hill-in-talks
Now eight rounds into the season, the Lions vice-captain said he was happy with negotiations between the club and his manager.

"We both know where I sit," McCluggage said on Tuesday.

"I love it here. I really enjoy playing footy with this group and living in Queensland.

"I think we both want to get something done, but it's taking it's time and that's ok.

"It's just simmering away in the background, and I'm focussed on playing as well as I can and making sure we continue to build our form."
P1C0a84x.jpg

Cam Rayner, Brandon Starcevich, Harris Andrews and Hugh McCluggage sing the team song after Brisbane's win over North Melbourne at Norwood Oval in round four, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

McCluggage, from South Warrnambool and taken with pick No.3 in the 2016 Draft, has been central to the Lions' rise from the AFL doldrums.

His arrival coincided with that of coach Chris Fagan and began a revival for the Queensland club.
8jQSh3iH.jpg

Brisbane looks in complete control as Hugh McCluggage pops up for a crafty goal off the deck

"I'm proud I've got to this stage where I'm hoping to sign for a longer period of time and set myself up, but there's things that have to be worked through," he said.

"Every other contract I've signed, I've been pretty flexible in when that's happened.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1124799...ettable-debut-for-brisbane-lions-logan-morris
"It's not concerning me at all, and I don't think it's concerning anyone else or affecting the way we go about things.

"You sign until the end of the year for a reason, so that you have that time to work through things."

McCluggage has been in the top three of Brisbane's best and fairest the past five seasons and is having another strong campaign in 2024, coming off 31 disposals in a win over Gold Coast on Sunday night.

'I love it here': Lions star not fazed by contract delay​

Out-of-contract Lion Hugh McCluggage has a long-term offer from Brisbane in front of him, as well as extensive interest from Victorian clubs
By Michael Whiting
5 hrs ago
ZMEDp5N4.jpg

Hugh McCluggage celebrates with fans after Brisbane defeated Melbourne at MCG in round five, 2024. Picture: Getty Images

IN DEMAND Brisbane midfielder Hugh McCluggage says he "loves" the Lions and living in Queensland but is in no rush to make a decision about his long-term future.

As reported by AFL.com.au's Inside Trading last month, McCluggage, who is a restricted free agent and out of contract at season's end, has a long-term offer from Brisbane in front of him, as well as extensive interest from Victorian clubs.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1114761...ase-eagle-elliot-yeo-saint-brad-hill-in-talks
Now eight rounds into the season, the Lions vice-captain said he was happy with negotiations between the club and his manager.

"We both know where I sit," McCluggage said on Tuesday.

"I love it here. I really enjoy playing footy with this group and living in Queensland.

"I think we both want to get something done, but it's taking it's time and that's ok.

"It's just simmering away in the background, and I'm focussed on playing as well as I can and making sure we continue to build our form."
P1C0a84x.jpg

Cam Rayner, Brandon Starcevich, Harris Andrews and Hugh McCluggage sing the team song after Brisbane's win over North Melbourne at Norwood Oval in round four, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

McCluggage, from South Warrnambool and taken with pick No.3 in the 2016 Draft, has been central to the Lions' rise from the AFL doldrums.

His arrival coincided with that of coach Chris Fagan and began a revival for the Queensland club.
8jQSh3iH.jpg

Brisbane looks in complete control as Hugh McCluggage pops up for a crafty goal off the deck

"I'm proud I've got to this stage where I'm hoping to sign for a longer period of time and set myself up, but there's things that have to be worked through," he said.

"Every other contract I've signed, I've been pretty flexible in when that's happened.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1124799...ettable-debut-for-brisbane-lions-logan-morris
"It's not concerning me at all, and I don't think it's concerning anyone else or affecting the way we go about things.

"You sign until the end of the year for a reason, so that you have that time to work through things."

McCluggage has been in the top three of Brisbane's best and fairest the past five seasons and is having another strong campaign in 2024, coming off 31 disposals in a win over Gold Coast on Sunday night.

See they did not ask him about Jarrod Berry

The Mid Week Tackle highlighted that Linc had negotiated one year extension last week and that the Lions may look to extend it further on the back of his ACL to provide him some security whilst he gets back. Well done to the club on being loyal to a bloke that must be heartbroken and giving him and his family some security at this time.

The Mid Week Tackle highlighted that Linc had negotiated one year extension last week and that the Lions may look to extend it further on the back of his ACL to provide him some security whilst he gets back. Well done to the club on being loyal to a bloke that must be heartbroken and giving him and his family some security at this time.
Can you link it? I'll update the contract status thread.

The injuries have certainly challenged the Premiership window Brisbane was in. Difficult times require difficult decisions.

Is the club brave enough and mercenary enough to consider Tarryn Thomas in the Mid Season Draft on a 6 month contract to replace Linc. He is free to play after 22nd July. That would give him a good run to gather form before the finals. At the end of the 6 months, he can go wherever he wants.

He'd have to be kept on a short leash, and the club would have to endure the media scrutiny of the selection, but the fact is, he can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The injuries have certainly challenged the Premiership window Brisbane was in. Difficult times require difficult decisions.

Is the club brave enough and mercenary enough to consider Tarryn Thomas in the Mid Season Draft on a 6 month contract to replace Linc. He is free to play after 22nd July. That would give him a good run to gather form before the finals. At the end of the 6 months, he can go wherever he wants.

He'd have to be kept on a short leash, and the club would have to endure the media scrutiny of the selection, but the fact is, he can play.
no

TEMPTING

Wash your mouth out with soap.

This classy if true and that's the kind of thing that makes you proud to be a fan of the club and for players would make us an attractive destination and a difficult place to leave.

6de7ba40-5ee2-4801-9123-fdf2f819a16c_text.gif

That wouldn't be brave, it would be unconscionable. At any time, given what's out there, no, but even more so given we're in the middle of DV awareness month.

That wouldn't be brave, it would be unconscionable. At any time given what's out there, but even more so given we're in the middle of DV awareness.
Totally agree. His suspension was absolutely warranted.

The thought is inconsiderate at this time, but if the club can offer an opportunity for recovery and redemption, as well as ongoing public awareness of the issues, he could assist with a short term rebuild for the second half of the year.

I did expect the opposition this has created.

like how playing for the academy and is not "meaningless" as well? quotation there from briztoon post.
Well his meaningless was in quotes indicating an opinion held by others that he might not agree with ... your first meaningless was also in quotes with the same nuance ... your second meaningless was without quotes leading me to assume that it was your own opinion and attribution and that you personally were declaring meaningless the silverware in a different comp... thus my observation...

Regardless of my poor response to recruiting Thomas, you can't get him in the mid season draft anyway. He's on NM's list that's lodged with the AFL until the end of the season, despite being sacked.

Absolutely not. NO

Back