List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who will the Lions go with in the MID SEASON Rookie draft?

I would of thought Southport duo Charlie Dawson and Boyd Woodcock would be in the mix ready for a 2nd chance with AFL mature bodies playing very well at VFL level
Why do you continue to comment in this forum after previously posting false "in-the-know" information?

Why do you continue to comment in this forum after previously posting false "in-the-know" information?

Why do you post on this forum when you're clearly Bananas

Why do you post on this forum when you're clearly Bananas
Purely to annoy you and for no other reason.

Like Adelaide being out of petrol tickets on Sunday?
I don't know what you mean, I didn't say that. I just said it was defeatist to claim the game was over when we were behind, because we were close with time on the clock.

I don't know what you mean, I didn't say that. I just said it was defeatist to claim the game was over when we were behind, because we were close with time on the clock.
You didn't say that. Our Essendon supporting friend may have tempted fate and gone there while we held a tenuous 18 point lead.

Interesting discussion on Midweek Tackle about Daniel Lloyd. Apparently opposition clubs are against us taking him. Why; WTF knows but Ralph said he needs to play three VFL games to be eligible. Problem is, there is only two games of the VFL prior to the draft although the club has sought an exemption to still recruit him. Will definite be on reserves watch to see if he rolls out for our VFL team this week. I could I even tell you if he is eligible per VFL rules to play either.

Also, they said the club has put in a call to ex Hawk and Cats Issac Smith about lacing them up for the second half of the season. That’s pretty left field.

Interesting discussion on Midweek Tackle about Daniel Lloyd. Apparently opposition clubs are against us taking him. Why; WTF knows but Ralph said he needs to play three VFL games to be eligible. Problem is, there is only two games of the VFL prior to the draft although the club has sought an exemption to still recruit him. Will definite be on reserves watch to see if he rolls out for our VFL team this week. I could I even tell you if he is eligible per VFL rules to play either.

Also, they said the club has put in a call to ex Hawk and Cats Issac Smith about lacing them up for the second half of the season. That’s pretty left field.
I heard Isaac mention in an interview recently that he would be up for a mid season recall if a team wanted him.

Mitch Robinson is apparently playing AFL with Tasmania would we put a call out to him we’re missing he’s hardness at the football

Mitch Robinson is apparently playing AFL with Tasmania would we put a call out to him we’re missing he’s hardness at the football

Less than 0% chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the reason we're looking at multiple ageing veterans is because we have our hearts set on one player who will require an 18 month contract, and after the season ends there's no room for anyone else to stay on the roster beyond that, given we need list spots to get picks for bid matching.

I wonder if the reason we're looking at multiple ageing veterans is because we have our hearts set on one player who will require an 18 month contract, and after the season ends there's no room for anyone else to stay on the roster beyond that, given we need list spots to get picks for bid matching.
Numbers are going to be tight at the end of the year if we keep everyone we want to keep, so I think veterans willing to take a six month contract are indeed an attractive option.

The only obvious departees for mine this year are JL(retired), Prior (trade/delisted) and Madden, Joyce, Lane and possibly Michael (depending on how he performs if and when he gets back) all delisted and that’s only three off the main list.

I genuinely expect Zorko to go around again such has been his form this year however he could be another who may retire too. Whilst Lester is uncontracted at the moment I’d expect him to also get another years deal.

Perhaps like often is the case you get an unexpected player that is contracted request a trade (aka Tom Berry / Scache) or maybe Hugh / Jerry exercise thier free agency rights but all in all, we are going to be tight for primary list spots this year I me view.

Deleted an earlier mean personal comment about Mitch Robinson but let me be absolutely clear: I'd rather see roided up Matho try and run in transition than have robbo back on the list.

How many players have we had kick over 40 goals in a season since Brown retired?
He's not in great form and is what I would describe as a better than average tall forward who's as good as we could get for the money.

Plus can't ever question his effort . Problem is when he's out of form his skill deficiencies look worse.

But we shouldn't give up hope of him improving even on the 40 of his best year. He has had a year out with ACL.

Seems to look more like the player we hope he could be when he gets up the ground and not under the pump from a close check in the forward 50 .

Overall he was good last year.

Deleted an earlier mean personal comment about Mitch Robinson but let me be absolutely clear: I'd rather see roided up Matho try and run in transition than have robbo back on the list.

I'd love to get Matho back and watch him duck n weave from ASADA haha. Finish the game and jump the fence, run to car park and avoid the testers.

No one can catch him in midfield, he just has to grab the ball and run through the opposition midfield, rolling maul style.

He's not in great form and is what I would describe as a better than average tall forward who's as good as we could get for the money.

Plus can't ever question his effort . Problem is when he's out of form his skill deficiencies look worse.

But we shouldn't give up hope of him improving even on the 40 of his best year. He has had a year out with ACL.

Seems to look more like the player we hope he could be when he gets up the ground and not under the pump from a close check in the forward 50 .

Overall he was good last year.

He’s definitely a limited forward but there were times when we were hoping guys like Josh Walker could lead our forward line. We should acknowledge how good we currently have it and referring to Hipwood as a failed project is beyond moronic

He’s definitely a limited forward but there were times when we were hoping guys like Josh Walker could lead our forward line. We should acknowledge how good we currently have it and referring to Hipwood as a failed project is beyond moronic

I hate to blame a player I love for the whole forward lines' issues, but Charlie is by far our most disappointing player this year and its not close.

Looks slower, and conversion is even worse than last year - and it was pretty shaky towards the end of the season there too. I basically assume he's going to hit the belly of the ball and miss everytime he snaps these days. Its a genuine shock when he converts.

Last edited:
Back