Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey is definitely not B22

They have a bunch of injuries and he has only played 2 games, subbed in both (11 touches and 5 touches), he may be best 32ish
From what I've seen he's an extremely average footballer who'd struggle to get a game all season for us if injuries didn't hit our mids significantly. As you say, only gets games at Sydney when there's heaps of injuries to midfielders.

Wouldn't use a senior list spot on him tbh. He doesn't look anything like his brother in terms of ability at this stage.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything yet from Corey to indicate he should be on a list after his contract runs out. But appeasing Chad could change that, as you'd easily sacrifice one spot to keep someone as good as Chad.

There is also Ashton in the draft this year. I remember talk a year or two ago that he was the most talented of the brothers, but Futbolista has him all the way down at 35 on his list of WA players on the draft board, and the size listed on WAFL website is beyond tiny, so it would seem doubtful that he will be drafted.

Possibly. Heard from a reliable source (his cousin) that we offered him 3 years at 600k. Took unders to go to WCE.
Never really impressed me greatly at Hawks. Seems a bit lazy with regards to defensive pressure.

He has time on his side though and didn’t cost WCE much.

There were many on here very keen on adding him.

Never really impressed me greatly at Hawks. Seems a bit lazy with regards to defensive pressure.

He reminds me Petrevski-Seton. Maybe promises more than can actually deliver? Might be on their list a few years, then delisted. Seems a mostly average player to me, definitely doesn't suit J-Lo's philosophy of hard working, pressure focused forward craft.

I was very keen (and probably still am) but not sure if that is because I'm a sucker for talented, lazy footballers or, I'm just desperate for a small forward who knows where the goals are.

I was very keen (and probably still am) but not sure if that is because I'm a sucker for talented, lazy footballers or, I'm just desperate for a small forward who knows where the goals are.

He hasn’t really shown he knows where the goals are at AFL level any more than the worst of our best 22 forwards so far tbh

If we were to get Warner and Baker this off season....
Sing In The Face GIF by Travis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes zero sense. He will be long retired before they're competing again.

RTB said you keep the older guys that set the standards around the club during a rebuild. McPharlin, Pavlich, Sandilands, Mundy, etc.

Maybe they feel Baker sets those standards for the guys that arrive at the club.

Listening to the gettable pod, Riley thinks if Richmond were offered a pick between 10 and 15 it would not be enough for baker and they would require more. They both felt the Schultz deal sets the price for baker.

There will be a few melts in here if we give pick 10 and a second rounder for Baker 😂

Listening to the gettable pod, Riley thinks if Richmond were offered a pick between 10 and 15 it would not be enough for baker and they would require more. They both felt the Schultz deal sets the price for baker.

There will be a few melts in here if we give pick 10 and a second rounder for Baker 😂
Can do, as long as we get some small forward action to go.

There will be a few melts in here if we give pick 10 and a second rounder for Baker
Dont know why Riley say this. When the deal done neither collingwood or freo expecting the pick to be pick 10. It has to be collingwood last year pick value? Pick 18 as set price?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isnt Baker out of contract?

That changes the whole scenario.

Richmond set the price to high we will walk away just like we did with Sharp at the suns. Just because they ask overs doesn't mean we will pay it.

Beveridge is a moron. What he thinks is trash even if he's starting to build (unearned) confidence because he gets to talk on camera.

Twomey is worth listening to because:
a) he stays in his lane and doesn't pretend he's some great analyst because there is a camera there
b) his opinions/news etc is always from clubs/agents

And Schultz was contracted FFS, totally irrelevant to Baker and if Beveridge had a even a basic clue he would know that.

**** that dude pisses me off.

Isnt Baker out of contract?

That changes the whole scenario.

Richmond set the price to high we will walk away just like we did with Sharp at the suns. Just because they ask overs doesn't mean we will pay it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, using Sharp as precedent, if things got to that point couldn't we just get Baker to not nominate for the drafts like Sharp did then SSP?

Beveridge is a moron. What he thinks is trash even if he's starting to build (unearned) confidence because he gets to talk on camera.

Twomey is worth listening to because:
a) he stays in his lane and doesn't pretend he's some great analyst because there is a camera there
b) his opinions/news etc is always from clubs/agents

And Schultz was contracted FFS, totally irrelevant to Baker and if Beveridge had a even a basic clue he would know that.

**** that dude pisses me off.

Beveridge looks like the typical Cafe late froff sipper down who walks his poodle around the Melbourne cbd to stretch his legs after being cramped up from living in his w....ish high rise apparent.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, using Sharp as precedent, if things got to that point couldn't we just get Baker to not nominate for the drafts like Sharp did then SSP?
No because Sharpe was ultimately delisted by Gold Coast. If Baker delisted himself with an offer on the table from Richmond after a trade fell through he'd not be eligible for the ssp. He'd have to nominate for the drafts or sit out a year.

I mean if you could do what you describe all trades would be redundant.

Back