• Chad Warner

Votes: 157 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk of '3 firsts' is not very meaningful. Pick 1,2,3 does not equal Pick 16, 17, 18 (which can = 24, 25, 26!)
Yes, potentially he's worth 3 teen picks for us now.
Is he worth Picks 8, 12, 17? Maybe.
Thing is though if you nail those 3 Teen picks then it can really transform a side. For me Warner is to expensive in trade value. I would however love to get him if we can convince Darcy to be traded

Odds are, if we had to use all 3 we'd get something back. Maybe a 2nd or 2.

Could easily trade up with 2-3 2nds to pick a quality forward as well.

Unless Baker, then we'll be going to the draft with 66,94 and 130, which by Andrew Mackie reasoning, will come into 6,7,8 on draft night.

I've already solved trade period

Sydney have 18 and 19 at the moment.
4 1sts -> Warner, 18 and 19
18 -> Baker
19, St Kilda 2nd -> Berry and Kako

2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030 -> dynasty

Last edited:
I believe we currently hold #10, #12 and #16

Chad Warner and #19 for #10, #12 and #16 values Warner at pick #2.

But if it's a F2 that comes back it puts him at pick #1.

WC have pick #3 and their future first.

They could offer #3, F1 for Warner and #19

Teen picks can get you some quality players

Pick 3 out of Simpson, Apeness, Weller, Chapman, Crozier, Sheridan, Sturt.

Sure, every now and then there will be a Fyfe at 20 or a handful of gun players in the teens that you could cherry pick with hindsight. But in reality this is extremely unlikely to pan out.

This does not appear to be a superdraft either. And it is not stacked with the types of players we need. There's lots of small mids and KPP/ruck types. The small/medium forwards are not of the quality of Rankine, Rachele, Pickett.

If there is a decent small forward in the mid season draft we need to grab one. Have a list spot available and it’s an area that needs addressing. Walters is all but done and the smalls we have atm are developing. A ready made mature small forward is key to this team to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better keep the sink nearby in October then
I like your trade idea, be happy with that. I absolutely think Baker is worth the 18, but it's always a case of over-value your own and under-value those of others. Everyone in an ideal world cost less when coming in, be nice to get a Hogan for pick 53 (!). It's possible we trade out a Brodie or even dare I say an Erasmus too to shuffle the book-balances. I do see a conceivable world where we go after Warner AND Baker, infinitely makes us more potent and is non-negotiable for mine.

But who are Berry and Kako though..?!

Logan McDonald, Chad Warner and #18 for #10, #12, #16 and F1

Wait, Fremantle declined to comment?

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

I knew the mental gymnastics of mathematics would come but wasn't expecting them this early!!!

....and here we go!!

You wouldn't think there is any prospect of WC trading for Warner in contract. They simply couldn't justify it from a list position. They need to take those multiple picks. (He's still going to cost 2 firsts out of contract too actually, unless he's offered a Buddy contract).

If we are prepared to do so we'd want to keep it quiet as I don't the AFL would be keen on us poaching A graders from any of their northern teams. The Swans in particular.

I know Chad is a great player but do we really wanna give up all 3 of our firsts for him?
With where the picks are - wouldn’t even think twice.

Have said this before at the time of the LJ trade and I’ll say it again:

When an elite proven young talent wants to join your footy club, you just say yes and find a way to get the deal done.

No serious football club would say no to trading in Chad Warner.

Clubs like North and Saints would wait 50 years for players of that level to nominate them in a trade. We should be very thankful if it happens.

Let's look at the list management from the opposite angle.
Currently contracted for 2025:

Primary List: 29/36-38
Category A Rookies: 1/6-4
Category B Rookies: 1/2

Worner has to be elevated.

Your options:

Reidy, Kuek, Stanley, Voss, Jones

Reidy, Stanley, Kuek would be considered free agents if you only offer them one season on the rookie list (assuming both the mid season picks consider that half year as year one on their time AND the AFL allows them the extra 4th season on the rookie list). Allowing them to leave to another club's primary list.

You can extend: Sturt, Hughes, Emmett, Corbett, Taberner, Knobel, O'Driscoll, Wagner, Banfield

You have to find room for four top thirty picks. So if you're going to use all those picks you have approximately two places for the above players.

Or... you trade your multiple picks for higher quality players and keep someone like O'Driscoll relatively cheaply.

Back