List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross seemed pretty pissed in his post match. I think he wants to take the game on and how we performed was reflection of the game plan
Don’t fall for what he says in press conferences, you don’t build a gameplan that involves kicking the ball backwards and sideways if you want to take the game on. He needs to evolve.

One thing I hope we do going forward is stop with the delisted FA’s. There’s only so far they can take you.

Worth a try. It is a small sample size but Battle has looked better than our other tall forwards this year

Battle started as a forward in his junior years.

I’ve always thought he is a genuine swingman who should have been plonked forward in close games or in games where we are starved for goals.

We’ve missed a trick not using him in this way. He is a defender first, but is also a natural forward. Good hands, finds the ball, smart, good kick.

He is the player we must keep. Greatly underrated. Not many players are genuine swingmen.

North and Hawks midfields will be elite in the next 2 years. We are an outlier. We are the only side in footy that refuses to draft mids. In the age of midfielders we have stubbornly chased HBFs and wings and then play them out of position and wonder what went wrong. We were meant to be building a spine first and still haven't got that right either.
Had an opportunity to draft absolute cream mids
I actually thought about that during the game as well but I think someone on here somewhere was saying Arie isnt there defensively yet and Battle is fairly reliable next to Wilkie. I'm no track watcher so just go off what others say.
Worth a try..nothing to lose!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Battle whatever he needs to stay, no point bartering too hard whilst boasting about a "war chest".

He is an absolute gem swing man. Really rare traits of athleticism, competitiveness, talent and skill.

Only reason you'd let me go was if it was a guaranteed compo pick after our own, i.e. 5-10ish pick. Even then....

Absolutely. I've had it with list managers with the Jesus complex. They plan to “fix” the list by getting rid of expensive players and pick absolute “steals” at the draft.

• Got rid of Goddard
  • NDS
  • now Gresham

Still scratching my head to work out if the draft picks received for them any player who played 100 games or more. Obviously, too early to say for Collard, but it just seems all too convenient a narrative.

Apparently, St Kilda has a war chest but people are speculating about Battle.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Are we winning a premiership in the next 4 years?

If we aren’t then some hard decisions need to be made on some of the following while they offer value to another club.
Ross
Membrey
Marshall
Steele
Sinclair
Wilkie
Howard
Crouch
Webster

All would be 32+ in 4 seasons and most at the point of decline. To me Wilkie, Sinclair and Steele need to be retained. Marshall plays a position that can be replaced with someone serviceable and potentially a better tap ruck without impairing team performance greatly.

I get we can’t cut/trade them all but we do need to be aggressive to acquire talent 25 and under. Our assigned draft picks aren’t taking us to the promised land alone.

Time to be aggressive at trade and delisting. Too many players play two years to long at our club.

Absolutely. I've had it with list managers with the Jesus complex. They plan to “fix” the list by getting rid of expensive players and pick absolute “steals” at the draft.

• Got rid of Goddard
  • NDS
  • now Gresham

Still scratching my head to work out if the draft picks received for them any player who played 100 games or more. Obviously, too early to say for Collard, but it just seems all too convenient a narrative.

Apparently, St Kilda has a war chest but people are speculating about Battle.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
We can’t be letting Battle go. Only players 27 and older should be let go/traded to strengthen our draft hand.

I actually thought about that during the game as well but I think someone on here somewhere was saying Arie isnt there defensively yet and Battle is fairly reliable next to Wilkie. I'm no track watcher so just go off what others say.

The odds of us making finals is almost nothing. Pull the Band-Aid off now and try something different
Yeah it's Bonner out for Ari.

Are we winning a premiership in the next 4 years?

If we aren’t then some hard decisions need to be made on some of the following while they offer value to another club.
Ross
Membrey
Marshall
Steele
Sinclair
Wilkie
Howard
Crouch
Webster

All would be 32+ in 4 seasons and most at the point of decline. To me Wilkie, Sinclair and Steele need to be retained. Marshall plays a position that can be replaced with someone serviceable and potentially a better tap ruck without impairing team performance greatly.

I get we can’t cut/trade them all but we do need to be aggressive to acquire talent 25 and under. Our assigned draft picks aren’t taking us to the promised land alone.

Time to be aggressive at trade and delisting. Too many players play two years to long at our club.

I agree that some players have been at Saints too long in the past. I just don't see the need to sell the farm. Let them just retire depending on form. Just be honest I'm assessing.

No need to do Hanneberry like deals.

Membrey’s form been poor in 2024.

Allison - looks a bust.

Ross might be done.

Please keep Crouch - no value to another club and has a bad knee. No one will touch him at 30. Plus he's triggered the contract for 2025. Based on form, just let him retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back