List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

Its mildly amusing that the group seems to have come to the same consensus many of us had a week or so ago that our direction is at best confusing and at worse a complete ****ing mess.

We should trade or seek compo and offload Battle, Collard is probably gone, we should go after Stengle.

Sign me up to the bottom out train. Full rebuild thanks. Weve waited 60 years, whats another 4-5

Battle going forward also solves our Dougal Howard problem.

Free Doogs to CHB where he can play with a little more freedom, he can intercept, spoil, take the ball from HB to the wing and bomb it 65m+ into the forwards...

Get JVE in a FB behind him this year. 10+ games of development would be invaluable.

I'd still rather get a gun mid. If we had a decent on ball brigade Marshall would be a weapon. If we had a functional forward line we'd be a better side. We are too tall and lack small forward talent.
We have a very good forward line it’s just as you said they aren’t functional.
It’s a combination of poor coaching and psychological issues surely.
Shouldn’t be all that hard to fix.

Psychological issues have historically not been easy to fix.

Surely Ro isn't mobile enough to go with the best CHFs in the league?

Imagine him chasing after McKay or Curnow when they go up the ground.

Ro is good behind the ball because he works back as a loose man. And positions himself well.

Maybe he can defend but no chance he would be mobile enough.
Maybe but team defence doesn't really work like that anymore. It was just a thought anyway.

Battle going forward also solves our Dougal Howard problem.

Free Doogs to CHB where he can play with a little more freedom, he can intercept, spoil, take the ball from HB to the wing and bomb it 65m+ into the forwards...

Get JVE in a FB behind him this year. 10+ games of development would be invaluable.
Van Es has been ruled out for the entire season with his ankle issue.

We could definitely give Keeler a crack though at some point.

Psychological issues have historically not been easy to fix.
I’d let them all sit in a room watching the replay from Basset down to Allison and the reception girl. Make it an open no repercussion discussion and allow anyone to stop the vid at any time and openly comment on their own or anyone else’s performance including the coaches.
A bit of honest communication.
Maybe even invite gringo and punter along.
Some home truths need to come out.
Maybe leave the receptionist out.

Collard won’t stick around. He looks like he’s rather be anywhere else.
Zero input up to half time on Sunday for Sandy. I reckon he’s got the sooks big time.
Having said that I’d still play him this weekend.

I think the forward line is too tall mostly. Membrey is a short lead up tall-forward. King is a stand under the ball and hope he can find it tall. Coops is the same as Membrey, Snags is an inbetweener. Low pressure, mid sized, not overly defensive or agile.

Butler is high pressure but not overly quick or high energy. Collard gets a few touches a week at VFL level so far. Owens is more a third tall like Membrey and Coops. Pou is more of a mid sized roaming high half forward. Garcia looks like a pressure mid playing pressure forward. Hayes is a hybrid tall who has craft but struggles with consistency.

It looks shit on paper and it plays how it looks. Even with guys like Wood drifting in it just adds to the aerial mix and has nothing to stop the ball coming out or shark ground ball. I'd almost try Henry as a small forward rather than mid/wing.

Collard won’t stick around. He looks like he’s rather be anywhere else.
Zero input up to half time on Sunday for Sandy. I reckon he’s got the sooks big time.
Having said that I’d still play him this weekend.

I think he's struggling to adjust a bit and the whole side forgot to turn up for a half. Small forward in the VFL is no fun for anyone.

No chat about this?

it seems we are back to the good old 1980's, when we had a swath of Carlton players come to us.

Not sure why we need another player in defence, thought it was our strong point.

Weren't you complaining about the board going off topic from football talk?
Yep. Didn't realise I was that infamous!

Just a one-sentence "joke" to illustrate my distaste for spending 12 million dollars on a fullback from Carlton, and a short reply to an insinuation... not exactly the same as pages and pages of dumb cos-play or discussions about dimsims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Didn't realise I was that infamous!

Just a one-sentence "joke" to illustrate my distaste for spending 12 million dollars on a fullback from Carlton, and a short reply to an insinuation... not exactly the same as pages and pages of dumb cos-play or discussions about dimsims.
Dim Sims are no match for Banh Mi

Didn't Ratten play Battle in the middle all the time to everyone's frustration?

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Played him on the wing...which was indeed frustrating.
Anytime Battle has gone into the centre he's been very good. I don't think he'd be able for a full game in there, but rolling through, he's proven to be quite handy.

I think the forward line is too tall mostly. Membrey is a short lead up tall-forward. King is a stand under the ball and hope he can find it tall. Coops is the same as Membrey, Snags is an inbetweener. Low pressure, mid sized, not overly defensive or agile.

Butler is high pressure but not overly quick or high energy. Collard gets a few touches a week at VFL level so far. Owens is more a third tall like Membrey and Coops. Pou is more of a mid sized roaming high half forward. Garcia looks like a pressure mid playing pressure forward. Hayes is a hybrid tall who has craft but struggles with consistency.

It looks s**t on paper and it plays how it looks. Even with guys like Wood drifting in it just adds to the aerial mix and has nothing to stop the ball coming out or shark ground ball. I'd almost try Henry as a small forward rather than mid/wing.

Add in that the ball gets moved so slowly around the boundary that their defence has a chance to grid up and fill the holes making leading useless, no wonder King just stands and waits for the ball to land on his head.

One thing I found interesting on Saturday was the complete lack of crumbers waiting for the dropped mark.

Our forward line is also a culmination of our gameplan.

No chat about this?

it seems we are back to the good old 1980's, when we had a swath of Carlton players come to us.

Not sure why we need another player in defence, thought it was our strong point.
Its Sam Maclure running with bullshit from Weiterings manager whose trying to get a pay rise out of the blues next year.

I have no doubt we inquire about a player of his caliber, and many others, but the money/contact time isnt even remotely realistic.

Add in that the ball gets moved so slowly around the boundary that their defence has a chance to grid up and fill the holes making leading useless, no wonder King just stands and waits for the ball to land on his head.

One thing I found interesting on Saturday was the complete lack of crumbers waiting for the dropped mark.

Our forward line is also a culmination of our gameplan.
I suppose it is difficult with our two crumbers out and all replacements out-of-position rookie with under 10 games.

We are not flying at the moment, we're barely limping. This team is better than it is showing, I can't work out why the efforts to get the ball are so lacklustre and efforts to distribute the ball are so sloppy.

To see our players go through the motions against the Hawks, not really demand the ball of make any real effort to stop them confused me. Where is the pride for the jumper, for the club? Surely we should have been tearing them apart?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back