List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say the biggest issue is that he's the only one regularly winning clearance because Steele is pretty much a lone hand at the moment. Sides can sit two players on him if they want knowing that our second tier mids aren't going to get on top of them. Marshall doesn't really have anyone to feed. Handballing to a well covered Steele or and inexperienced Windhager is probably lower or as low percentage as dump kicking. At least having the ball 60 meters out from our attacking goal is slowing them down and allowing us to set up our defence if it does turn over.
I think a part of the issue is it’s so predictable now that Roma is always getting tackled. It’s a bit like a throw in for Geelong inside 50 you KNOW Hawkins is grabbing it so you should set up to just tackle him.

Teams do the same for Roma and his kick gets 30/40m at most from the square. Right to true CHB which is one of the worst places to turn the ball over ESPECIALLY with the 6-6-6.

It’s time and place for me, he’s doing it most, if not all the time and it’s too predictable and easy to set up against. We’d be better off scrapping for repeat stoppage or setting up behind the ball so we can structure defensively.

I think a part of the issue is it’s so predictable now that Roma is always getting tackled. It’s a bit like a throw in for Geelong inside 50 you KNOW Hawkins is grabbing it so you should set up to just tackle him.

Teams do the same for Roma and his kick gets 30/40m at most from the square. Right to true CHB which is one of the worst places to turn the ball over ESPECIALLY with the 6-6-6.

It’s time and place for me, he’s doing it most, if not all the time and it’s too predictable and easy to set up against. We’d be better off scrapping for repeat stoppage or setting up behind the ball so we can structure defensively.

which is why we need a good defensive forward there, one who can get those crazy kicks forward.

I’m writing off Sharmy and Collard.
Don’t think they’re up for it.
Cut Sharmy and wangle a trade to wa for Lancey Boy if we can.
If we could get a half decent trade for Steelo I’d take it. He’s no spiritual leader.

If we could get a half decent trade for Steelo I’d take it. He’s no spiritual leader.
You're going a bit early there on Collard. Ease up and give the kid a chance.

I'm giving it time and hopefully with a better midfield in place it is one of several ways forward rather than our main source of clearance.

Writing off Collard?

You idiot.

How could you possibly write Collard off so early? How would you even be on that line of thinking.

He's got weaknesses to work on i.e. getting more of the ball, consistency's etc., but who doesn't? Only a very select few

Something you know the rest of us don't?

In fairness he's probably not ready to play AFL in the leagues worst forward line but he's been pretty impressive on the track and in the VFL (aside from a couple of quiet games)

Last edited:
How could you possibly write Collard off so early? How would you even be on that line of thinking.

He's got weaknesses to work on i.e. getting more of the ball, consistency's etc., but who doesn't? Only a very select few

Something you know the rest of us don't?

In fairness he's probably not ready to play AFL in the leagues worst forward line but he's been pretty impressive on the track and in the VFL (aside from a couple of quiet games)
Well I’m writing him off with the Saints anyway.
For one he don’t looks like he wants to be here.
Secondly he looks a bit sooky.
Thirdly he reminds me of Billings with that owl caught in a bushfire look.

1. He can sniff out a goal like a rat up a drain pipe.
2. He is probably the best and most skilful shot on goal on our list. Set shot or otherwise.
3. He has elite speed and can become a run down tackle merchant.

******* however - he's got an 18 year old's body and weight. He could be a Charlie Cameron
or the guy at Adelaide formerly Suns kinda player. (memory lapse) Seriously.

Yeah but none of that is really based on anything though is it? Just your feeling.

Like what makes you think he doesn't want to be here?

Its easy to see and think that if you've got the pre-conceived notion that he's a major flight risk.

He may be one sure but other than the fact he's from WA and random speculation there is nothing else of genuine substance to further that narrative.

Yeah but none of that is really based on anything though is it? Just your feeling.

Like what makes you think he doesn't want to be here?

Its easy to see and think that if you've got the pre-conceived notion that he's a major flight risk.

He may be one sure but other than the fact he's from WA and random speculation there is nothing else of genuine substance to further that narrative.
Pretty much.

We were in the game against Freo, then Sharman got subbed and we went downhill. We need him there purely as a spiritual presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, he’s 2 AFL games into his career lol! Were you a finished product a couple months into your career? Poor kid.

Leigh Montagna used to have that owl in the bushfire look. ( and he had a couple of 1 disposal games ).

And nobody reads body language as good as you pretend to.

Think back over the last thirteen years of all the players we thought would make it or go on to become world beaters. In hindsight most of them were really just bog average plodders.
It’s more our eternal blind hope than anything that keeps us going.
Can’t wait to see next years intake of champions.
Yes I am feeling a bit down on the whole thing. I really thought we were on to something this year.

Think back over the last thirteen years of all the players we thought would make it or go on to become world beaters. In hindsight most of them were really just bog average plodders.
Yes I am feeling a bit down on the whole thing. I really thought we were on to something this year.

I'd like to see Robert Harvey and Goddard replaced before we start looking at getting rid of our forwards.

I'd like to see Robert Harvey and Goddard replaced before we start looking at getting rid of our forwards.
Maybe, something’s definitely not working.
May even need to bring in an other independent to suss the joint out again and get some honest answers.
How do we go from making finals last year even with an extensive injury list at times , to having a brilliant win over the reigning premiers in round two to the absolute shit were dishing up now?

Maybe, something’s definitely not working.
May even need to bring in an other independent to suss the joint out again and get some honest answers.
How do we go from making finals last year even with an extensive injury list at times , to having a brilliant win over the reigning premiers in round two to the absolute s**t were dishing up now?
I reckon the kids were getting a bit more of a free run at it last year.
Going to games now Nas has no space to move, they're all over him.
And the senior players just haven't been consistent enough, or available enough to draw the pressure away from them.
Opposition teams can attack the weakest links in the chain.
Maybe I dunno.

Honestly our drafting over the last 3 yrs has been better than the last 10yr before.
With draft picks like Owens , Windhager , Phillipou , Nas , Wilson with guys like Hammer , Hastie , Collard , Keller , Garcia and Shoemaker we have finally picked up some talent and add it onto King , Higgins and Henry we are starting to look a hell of a lot better.

I to was thinking we could really have a crack this year and I'm disappointed what has played out.
We all knew we had a extremely weak midfield but if we could at least break even like we did last year we might of been hard team to beat.

But they rolled out the same players as in Seb Ross in player as a key mid when we all know he is not anywhere near as influential as he was 5 yrs ago and a jack Steele that gets the job done but is no where near his All Australian form.
Crouch you can say has been sorely missed and he has been our best midfielder the last couple yrs and him being out just adds more pressure on Steele and co.

The rest of the season I hope we start to get our midfield to at least perform better than what it has - get Crouch and Steele back to there best with the ever improving Windhager and rotating Dow , Henry and whoever else we can put through there we should be in far better shape.

We actually start getting the ball out of the middle we should start to give the forward line a chance to at least have a bit of a chance to compete.

As Lyon says the game is won or lost in the midfield and we have seen it this year - I feel we start to improve in the middle his game plan might look like something.

True. His body language certainly comes across that way at times.
We can't afford to lose him , the guy has missed a huge amount of game time over the last 2yrs and I fully believe once he can get his touch back he will be one of our main assets.
I do believe he needs to be moved to CHF until he gets form back.

Atm with a midfield that is getting killed and our entry more than woeful you can see why he is pissed - he can't go from being one of the best 5 contested markers in 2021 and 2022 to a bust.
We put up with Bruce for years showing bad body language with others like Carlisle and King is no where near those to.

Once he is on top of his game that will be forgotten about very quickly.

Gee, things must’ve changed heaps in the last 24 hours

N01Kc15.jpg

IDjUGNZ.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back