List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to see some chat linking us to a half-back at the mid-season draft, be it Beecken or Payne. I won't pretend I know anything about their games, but it seems like a prudent each-way bet given Smith's decline, Milera's injuries and Curtin's unknown development path.

Would love us to grab the best available ruck, too.

I'm happy to see some chat linking us to a half-back at the mid-season draft, be it Beecken or Payne. I won't pretend I know anything about their games, but it seems like a prudent each-way bet given Smith's decline, Milera's injuries and Curtin's unknown development path.

For what it’s worth, Payne has played more mid/forward this year. Had 29 and 4 in the Coates league on the weekend

You see, I get the ‘good family, good character, sub-180cm, hard worker’ part of the generic drafting hate, but the Tasmanian part has never made sense to me

Outside of Siggins and Jones, what other Tassie guys have we drafted in the past 15 years?
It’s more that there’s a new team about to launch by the time we’ve developed him

For what it’s worth, Payne has played more mid/forward this year. Had 29 and 4 in the Coates league on the weekend
Interesting, thanks for the clarification. That's a great statline but I feel like we're fairly well-stocked in that position? Although I suppose it depends what the long-term plans are for Rachele, Pedlar and Taylor.

Not that i know anything but keep seeing Joe Pike’s name as the best available ruck

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would there be any chance of prying Shai Bolton from Richmond?
Surely he doesn’t want to play in the Richmond team for another 5 years?
I know he’s contracted and would cost alot.
But Rankine and Bolton, wowee

Please start this rumour!

Not that i know anything but keep seeing Joe Pike’s name as the best available ruck

Then I think we know as much as each other!

Seems a no-brainer to give one a try. We all know RoB's limitations, plus there's no downsides anyway beyond development time. I wonder if we'll actually take Toby Murray or just leave him in the SANFL for a bit longer.

What's his kicking like?
From what I’ve seen he’s got a big boot on him, but maybe not the most polished in general play. That’s more from last year’s viewing though, he might have improved (his goalkicking seems to have been pretty accurate this season, for one)

RYAN DANIELS ON THE CLUB OFFERING ELLIOT YEO MILLIONS:​

“He is out of contract… it’s a bit unusual, we’re at round 10, this stuff’s usually done by now,” Ryan said about Yeo on Xav & Michelle for Breakfast.

“And if it’s not done, that tells you that maybe something’s up… so I had a look into it.

“There’s multiple clubs — east coast based clubs, so not Fremantle, east coast based clubs — that are very, very keen on Elliot Yeo,” he said.

“There’s a number of them that are interested, one of them would be the Adelaide Crows, they are at the front of the queue.

“They need a big bodied, experienced midfielder, they were into Elliot Yeo last year, now they’re really into Elliot Yeo.”

Ryan said that the Crows’ contract presented Yeo with more tenure and cash.

“They want to give him three years… West Coast were two,” he said of the South Australian based club.

“The last few years he’s probably been on about 800 grand a year roughly… the way these deals work these days is that they’re always the same.

“But one of the years, maybe the first year is a significant number, and I’d say you’re close to the mark with that 1.3 (million dollars, a number Xavier Ellis had guessed when discussing the contract).

“Maybe even slightly higher that that.”

How do we find out about our list if we play them only in the SANFL
Ooohhh ...the old Tariek Newchurch approach hey .....we need to try them in the AFL, because suddenly they'll convert from a Holden to a BMW

You do realise we've used 32 players already up to R10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooohhh ...the old Tariek Newchurch approach hey .....we need to try them in the AFL, because suddenly they'll convert from a Holden to a BMW

You do realise we've used 32 players already up to R10
You say stuff like this but Worrell sits in our reserves then is suddenly in, only when Doedee gets injured

When left to our own player judgement we didn't regard him as best 22 worthy

But lo and behold, he is

We're poor judges and it's one of the reasons for our continuing finals drought

You say stuff like this but Worrell sits in our reserves then is suddenly in, only when Doedee gets injured

When left to our own player judgement we didn't regard him as best 22 worthy

But lo and behold, he is

We're poor judges and it's one of the reasons for our continuing finals drought
Your twisted logic says ....if Worrell comes in at R15 and plays well .....then if he had come in R2, he would have also played well, and you the supporter were right and the coaches wrong

Now, Worrell himself previously commented ....he wasn't ready yet .....even after he debuted, and again at the beginning of this year

Professionalism and preparation wasn't where it needed to be .....so unless you're going to training, you're simply another front bar commentator

Over all the years of watching footy .....I've never encountered a good player to never get a league opportunity ....never
And how many players have we delisted, who have been picked up by other Clubs, and had great careers ?.....excluding players wanting extended contractual arrangements ?

Cream rises to the top ....clubs want to get games into good players quickly (Curtin) .....how long did Max have to dwell in the SANFL? ....Soligo, Pedlar, Thilthorpe

How many times has Gollant been tried now, after shining in the SANFL ......I said a year ago, his hands were cement at AFL level .....same as Ned fumbling

Over all the years of watching footy .....I've never encountered a good player to never get a league opportunity ....never
And how many players have we delisted, who have been picked up by other Clubs, and had great careers ?.....excluding players wanting extended contractual arrangements ?

Ed Curnow immediately comes to mind

Ed Curnow immediately comes to mind
You had to dig deep there ....#40 in a Rookie Draft ....you should have mentioned Matt Priddis, the Brownlow Medalist PS trialling with 2 times IIRC

TBF ....Curnow wasn't picked up by CARL until 3 years later, basically as a tagger

Your twisted logic says ....if Worrell comes in at R15 and plays well .....then if he had come in R2, he would have also played well, and you the supporter were right and the coaches wrong

Now, Worrell himself previously commented ....he wasn't ready yet .....even after he debuted, and again at the beginning of this year

Professionalism and preparation wasn't where it needed to be .....so unless you're going to training, you're simply another front bar commentator

Cream rises to the top ....clubs want to get games into good players quickly (Curtin) .....how long did Max have to dwell in the SANFL? ....Soligo, Pedlar, Thilthorpe

How many times has Gollant been tried now, after shining in the SANFL ......I said a year ago, his hands were cement at AFL level .....same as Ned fumbling
What an incredible coincidence that Worrell became ready the exact week that Doedee hurt himself

We're lucky in that way

Injury opportunities doesn't equal readiness
Yeah... that's my point.

The one you're arguing against.

Worrell was ready and we wouldn't have known it, had it not been for injury.

What an incredible coincidence that Worrell became ready the exact week that Doedee hurt himself

We're lucky in that way
Like how Doedee suddenly become ready after Lever paid a visit to the Wingfield dump.

Like how Doedee suddenly become ready after Lever paid a visit to the Wingfield dump.
And the thing is, even good judges get things wrong.

Blight gave early games to Picioane, Gilligan, Brent Williams, Linden Stevens... but also backed in Goodwin, Vardy, Johnson, Edwards. Used Goodwin and Johnson in the centre square in finals - players who'd played 0 and 2 games respectively going into the 1997 season.

There are no guarantees and it's not an exact science.

Maybe if we'd given Newchurch a go early on we wouldn't have spent three years on him.

Take the list forward.

Injury opportunities doesn't equal readiness
The club preferred an injured Doedee over Worrell and the club didn’t believe Worrell and Doedee could play together, I know this as fact. They then finally rest Doedee, Worrell excels, Doedee returns and they play together.

Was Nankervis ready round 1 this year? Why didn’t he play?

Are you also suggesting the club never makes a mistake at selection and they time the development of all players perfectly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back