List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Our recruiting guys cop it a lot, much of it justified.

They get one in Soligo and you want to credit Phil Harper?

You're trolling and I love it 😄
Look, I’m just telling you what I know to be true. Call it a troll, whatever you like, but Phil is responsible for scouting 18 year olds for the men’s team.

Look, I’m just telling you what I know to be true. Call it a troll, whatever you like, but Phil is responsible for scouting 18 year olds for the men’s team.

You knew it would be provocative to draw a line between Soligo’s drafting and some part time role Harper has.

Phil is likely booking flights for Hamish and co, arranging interviews etc. Doubt he is having any input into who gets selected.

You knew it would be provocative to draw a line between Soligo’s drafting and some part time role Harper has.

Phil is likely booking flights for Hamish and co, arranging interviews etc. Doubt he is having any input into who gets selected.
I think this is close

When Jen uses responsible I start to think of him collating the list the scouts send in and rings recruits to prepare them for interviews etc

I cant see Phil sitting in his office saying '' Hame Hame you gotta see this kid from Buckaroo Aye Aye FC - I watched a few of his games and woah ''

I can see management looking at McAsey and asking why the hell are we paying all this money for a network of recruiters when this is the pay-off??? May as well get bloody Harps to do it, can't be any worse

Robbo suggesting Hayward is a $800k player. We've got stacks of cap space, $800k x 5, just do it.

We need to purge McFlurry and Murphy
Whatever it is we will need to pay a premium to get him out of Sydney and choose us over Port.

We’ve got the cash so just do it and those saying he’s not an upgrade on Murphy, they showed stats last night and he’s above average in most key stats for his role.

Plus you just need to watch him, he does stuff that Murphy can’t.

Whatever it is we will need to pay a premium to get him out of Sydney and choose us over Port.

We’ve got the cash so just do it and those saying he’s not an upgrade on Murphy, they showed stats last night and he’s above average in most key stats for his role.

Plus you just need to watch him, he does stuff that Murphy can’t.

Hopefully Hayward is mates with Dawson from his Sydney days, might give us an edge over Poort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo suggesting Hayward is a $800k player. We've got stacks of cap space, $800k x 5, just do it.

We need to purge McFlurry and Murphy

According to Tom Morris this morning he is only interested in clubs in the premiership window and that puts Port just ahead of us. I am not saying that's true or not but that's what he reported.

Kane Cornes talking him up so much over the weekend has me thinking Port might be the front runner from the SA clubs.

Sounds like there are more than a few Vic clubs chasing him. I think he will end up at one of those clubs. His partner will want to be at a big Vic Club.

According to Tom Morris this morning he is only interested in clubs in the premiership window and that puts Port just ahead of us. I am not saying that's true or not but that's what he reported.

Kane Cornes talking him up so much over the weekend has me thinking Port might be the front runner from the SA clubs.

Sounds like there are more than a few Vic clubs chasing him. I think he will end up at one of those clubs. His partner will want to be at a big Vic Club.
Kane’s always talked up Hayward

Jimmy Rowe let out Hayward to us like last September. Not suggesting it will happen but people were obviously talking and Jimmy let it out.

I don't think there is any doubt we are talking to him. There are not a big number of quality out of contract players so I expect there is plenty of interest.

If Hayward has the chance to sign 5 years with us or Port, IMO he will definitely be closer to a flag with us than them. Sure we might not be in a Premiership window right now, but we are assembling a decent strong squad thats more likely to deliver a flag than Port over the next 5 years.

First Crack on Fox Footy, there was the discussion that Luko may have had a failing out with Dima and that he could be gone at the end of the year.

He seems like such a likeable character 😃

Hayward is obviously a very good player, but is he the kind of player we should be offering 800 a year to when we probably still lack mid depth, and another key back? If we were interested in a half forward, I'd try and get Luko on the cheap as they're likely to see another cap squeeze with all their young talent and his reported unhappiness at the moment.

Our 2017 premiership side was full of money ball selections and moves, whilst we didn't win the flag, I don't necessarily think we need to spend big on players just because they're from SA and available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back