List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Beecken could play on the wing honestly, doesn’t have to compete with Ryan for a future spot
I think we'll have two HBF vacancies pretty soon regardless. Smith is just about done and Milera with his injuries. Guess it depends where we see Curtin playing.

I think WWT running medium defender Luke Beecken who we've apparently been linked to as have several other clubs could be on our shopping list if still available at our pick. Parnell every chance to be delisted,uncertainty re Milera's injury comeback into the future and Smith nearing the end?
Would Toby Murray be a chance to get picked up by anyone else? Or would we be safe to pick him with our 2nd? Assuming we will take him at some stage, hopefully we select someone like Beecken with our first and take Murray with our 2nd if he is less likely to be taken by someone else.

Would Toby Murray be a chance to get picked up by anyone else? Or would we be safe to pick him with our 2nd? Assuming we will take him at some stage, hopefully we select someone like Beecken with our first and take Murray with our 2nd if he is less likely to be taken by someone else.
Who knows?
There's obviously interest from AFL clubs in Murray given he's done a medical but hopefully the fact he's put an 18 month contract as a stipulation will deter other clubs if we have serious interest. We likely have interest with the impending Berg to GWS at season's end i.e. Forward/Ruck depth.

We have 3 picks, we should utilize all. am not sure Hamish would know anything about SA players.
Of course he would he'd be getting weekly reports from guys like Shane Edwards and our SA scouts, not to mention the likelihood he'd be getting video to peruse of guys our scouts are tracking.

Surely we lose nothing by moving these guys to the LTI. That way we have the option of 3 picks if we deem it necessary, but don't have to use them if we don't want to.

I suspect we will use 1 pick only - probably Toby Murray. I hope we are a bit more adventurous than that though.
When you think of the AFC, the one word that leaps into your mind is "adventure"

As in, lack of

Prove me wrong, Adelaide. Prove me wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll know tomorrow Sloane, Parnell, Milera are 3 potential list spots

How many clubs have a pick? Why doesn't my club have one?​

Clubs must have a vacant list spot in order to take part and currently, only Geelong, Greater Western Sydney and Sydney are without potential vacant spots.

List vacancies can occur through a retirement or if a player suffers a long-term injury and is moved to the inactive list.

Brisbane (potentially four picks), and Richmond and Adelaide (potentially three each) are the clubs with the most vacant positions, while Carlton, Collingwood, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs all have two.

Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, St Kilda and West Coast all have one open spot.

Clubs have until Tuesday to open a vacancy on their list so there might be more movement in the coming days.
Given the high number of long-term injuries this year, this is likely to be the biggest haul of MSD players.

We have 3 picks, we should utilize all. am not sure Hamish would know anything about SA players.

Surely we will use all 3 picks, at the very least it would help our reserves players by reducing the amount of top ups in the team.

We should have plenty of spare cash to use.

So I fully expect us to pass on all three - that's how we roll.

Yep, they're regularly adding 8-10 players a season to their list. They take their later picks and use rookie/mid-season picks largely on younger players with upside

Since 2019 we've added 36 players to our list. Sydney have added 40. Only one of those teams was doing a full rebuild.
Sydney have 10+ players that were on their list in 2019 , so how is this possible

So...Chad Warner. If the story that he has rejected a contract extension is true - have we thrown the Gulden money at his feet? 10 years $12 mill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back