Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ahhh...
Historical context.
Kill or be killed!
One umpire?
One camera?
Revenge served cold?

My hazy memory is that Fairest and Best once was the ultimate accolade.
Sometime or other this seems to have become Best and Fairest.
subtle change?
Or precursor to the perennial suggestions that we need to get rid of the disqualification that findings of even minor transgressions bring?
Is it fair and reasonable for say, a Scott Pendelbury, to be denied a Brownlow for a "love tap"?

What kind of game do we want? Can we afford?
Nat Fyfe was denied his 1st Brownlow in 2014. That year was truly corrupt and I’ll go to my grave believing that
The AFL conspired with Hawks to pin a striking charge on him after the high bump farce.
Fyfe is a triple Brownlow medallist.
The other player denied fairness was Chris Grant.

I’ve said this before but if we’re in a cold, wet slog over winter I know which ruck I want contesting the constant ball ups & which one I want roaming around outside and up forward.
Darcy is built for constant smashing in close & Dogga for ground ball & forward craft.

That Shinboner analysis is great. I really took notice of the mix of mids we used against Brisbane & when we were smashing them it was always Fyfe & Serong plus Young or Brayshaw. When Fyfe was subbed they started getting on top again. Johnson went in & we won the next center clearance.
Kinda make you think if Fyfe doesn't play, Brodie has to. Assuming he is playing good footy.

There’s my problem with squiggle, we wouldn’t lose a prelim against Melbourne, they are the team we’ve had the measure of at the G.
Sure, but you got it all wrong. We beat Geelong in the first week.
equally wrong ground for that matchup as well, would be time for the 2013 mission all over again

that said I would sincerely enjoy knocking Carlton off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just sat through First Crack, don't bother, our game is last and they do not say a single word about Freo, the entire segment was about how bad the Crows were.
Not a word to say about the club sitting second on the ladder, what a joke.
It’s King, hardly surprising.

Wow, just sat through First Crack, don't bother, our game is last and they do not say a single word about Freo, the entire segment was about how bad the Crows were.

Not true. Had a lot of praise for Alex Pearce

That's all well and good, but we could have really done with Hambling still on the list after Cox and McDonald went down
true, but you can't have an emergency for every player and who would have predicted so many players would go down - it gave Draper and excellent opportunity, and he looks great.

Our segment on First Crack was a bit odd TBH. King gave praise to our defence and they introduced some footage to show how well organised our back six are, only to then dedicate the rest of the conversation to how bad Adelaide’s ball movement was without elaborating at all on, or even mentioning, our back six’ positioning apart from that we forced them wide.

Kingy never admits fault on his previous analysis’s of teams/players/coaches that goes pear shaped ,especially anything that’s freo related

He basically had jlo as a dud with dud game plan and nicks as a innovator who’s game style was fast attacking adventurous football pre season

He’s probably angry that ,once again, he’s made to look like nothing but the hot take tool he is with Adelaide’s season so far (and conversely ours as well)so is taking it out with rants against nicks rather than praise jlo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back