Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont know that. Pure speculation.

The speculation is that nothing else would have resulted in injury in the rest of that game, training since and the game against North.

Not that the shove contributes enough to overextend the posterior chain. That's literally on video.

The speculation is that nothing else would have resulted in injury in the rest of that game, training since and the game against North.

Not that the shove contributes enough to overextend the posterior chain. That's literally on video.
It was a footy act that happens every game. So what happens in the next contest, and the next contest and so on. It happened late in the 3rd so there was clearly a load issue.

You dont know that. Pure speculation.
No, he could've got injured somewhere else. That doesn't change that the push from Harris is the biggest factor in this particular injury.
I think he was underdone and it did contribute. Underdone players tend to find themselves in situations where they get hurt as they're slightly off the pace of the game.
Eg if Brennan was at full fitness, maybe he has separation on Andrews and the push never happens.
He did have separation on Andrews, which is why Andrew had to lunge into his back rather than spoil the ball normally.

It was a footy act that happens every game. So what happens in the next contest, and the next contest and so on. It happened late in the 3rd so there was clearly a load issue.
If that same push happened in the first, in the next week, in training, four weeks later WHENEVER it would have had the same result, regardless of him being underdone or not. Just because it was a footy act and not malicious doesn't mean it didn't cause an injury.

Next you’ll be suggesting that Nic Nat didn’t deliberately, seriously injure Sandi when he needlessly drove his knee into his rib cage.
Of course you can contend that those things happen in football; well of course they do but it was still intentional resulting in serious injury.

Next you’ll be suggesting that Nic Nat didn’t deliberately, seriously injure Sandi when he needlessly drove his knee into his rib cage.
Of course you can contend that those things happen in football; well of course they do but it was still intentional resulting in serious injury.
You've been beating that drum for so many years, it was wrong the first time you said it and it's still wrong 100 times later. There was nothing deliberate about that. You may as well say Matt de Boer deliberately broke Nathan Bock's leg. It's ridiculous.

No, he could've got injured somewhere else. That doesn't change that the push from Harris is the biggest factor in this particular injury.

He did have separation on Andrews, which is why Andrew had to lunge into his back rather than spoil the ball normally.
So i just watched it in slow mo and the push was a little more significant than i thought it was.

Apologies all.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Cox but ummm ok.

You've been beating that drum for so many years, it was wrong the first time you said it and it's still wrong 100 times later. There was nothing deliberate about that. You may as well say Matt de Boer deliberately broke Nathan Bock's leg. It's ridiculous.
Oh FFS.
It was the most malicious act I’ve seen in Football.

Sorry FZ, footy act. Not that I think this will help much but the footage is below and from it I note:
1 Sandi eyes on ball going backwards and laterally at an angle - he has no idea what is coming from behind - this is his own courageous choice.
2 Nic Nat leaps at the ball, with eyes on the ball - proven by taking a strong, clean, contested mark. His knee is raised but that is what everyone does in this situation.
3 No remonstration from any Freo player ie they all saw it as a footy act, not intentional harm.

Does that help bring clarity??
Have I missed your irony all along?

Sorry FZ, footy act. Not that I think this will help much but the footage is below and from it I note:
1 Sandi eyes on ball going backwards and laterally at an angle - he has no idea what is coming from behind - this is his own courageous choice.
2 Nic Nat leaps at the ball, with eyes on the ball - proven by taking a strong, clean, contested mark. His knee is raised but that is what everyone does in this situation.
3 No remonstration from any Freo player ie they all saw it as a footy act, not intentional harm.

Does that help bring clarity??
Have I missed your irony all along?

Think that footage is too short. From what I recall NN saw Sandi beforehand.
You can actually turn your leg to give lift, instead he went with the knee.
Next we will be arguing that Toby Greene didn’t kick someone in the face with
a karate kick 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a karate kick 😜
Exactly this. Malicious intent.
FMD , Stevie Wonder could see that.

a karate kick 😜
We can also form opinions which take account of the history of the player.
My opinion is that NN often went the extra over the "footy act" with the intent being intimidation, hurt/injury.
Some say theres nowt wrong with that...I say Great players dont do that!

We can also form opinions which take account of the history of the player.
My opinion is that NN often went the extra over the "footy act" with the intent being intimidation, hurt/injury.
Some say theres nowt wrong with that...I say Great players dont do that!
Leigh Matthew’s is considered one of the greatest……….yet!

When you are called lethal, well enough said.
Was a great player but the first charged with assault on a footy field.
He was the original dirty bird.
I was only a kid back then but the Hawks Bombers games were even more ferocious than our Derby’s.

It’s great ‘going under the radar’ but the WA media really needs to back the team that is actually grinding out wins - that’s true courage

ahhh...
Historical context.
Kill or be killed!
One umpire?
One camera?
Revenge served cold?

My hazy memory is that Fairest and Best once was the ultimate accolade.
Sometime or other this seems to have become Best and Fairest.
subtle change?
Or precursor to the perennial suggestions that we need to get rid of the disqualification that findings of even minor transgressions bring?
Is it fair and reasonable for say, a Scott Pendelbury, to be denied a Brownlow for a "love tap"?

What kind of game do we want? Can we afford?

I enjoy this debate and think the discussion about comparative value of a pure ruck and a versatile ruck is valid.

If we didn't already have Darcy, I would chase English first. I don't think that would be a popular option on here though.
I still want English
Play him on a wing & we will control the skies

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The push from Harris probably didn’t help but you could argue the hamstring injury happened just before the push.

He had a stress fracture issue leading into the game so very different to soft tissue.

What concerned me was talk of him playing a Peel scratchy the week before to show he was ready. I would have liked him to play a half game at Peel that weekend there was the opening round.

Anyway fingers crossed McDonald’s knee can get sorted a bit before Cox and Draper is really thriving at the moment. You can see his confidence rising every week. Chapman only a few weeks away will only help Draper as they can switch on that second third tall and allow more flexibility for Ryan to chop out.

Putting this here before the rest of the round happens and we move. Notice the 3 teams above us? Reckon we've won 5 of the last six games at their home grounds between them...

View attachment 1943713
Has us making a prelim? Subscribe.

Putting this here before the rest of the round happens and we move. Notice the 3 teams above us? Reckon we've won 5 of the last six games at their home grounds between them...

View attachment 1943713
Melbourne at the MCG is basically locked in as a win these days isn't it.

That's why they are playing us in Alice Springs this year.

View attachment 1943713
There’s no way that’s going to happen. WC won’t win 4 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back