List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it would be too different to Murphy to be honest.

Moore would have to take the monsters but generally speaking Highmore would be fine picking up the second fiddle.

Or alternatively he plays as the third tall only playing as the second when Frampton rucks.
That would be an interesting setup. Certainly lots of paths to go down. Can't wait to agonise over potential picks only for us to pick up a total random

That would be an interesting setup. Certainly lots of paths to go down. Can't wait to agonise over potential picks only for us to pick up a total random

Yeah it will be interesting what strategy we take.

Young talent for the future like Smartt, McLachlan, Uerata, Murray, Ryan etc

Or we decide to go plug and play options like Highmore, Woodcock etc

Tell me how a player who wouldn't even be around the boys until Thursday at the earliest could play with them on Friday. Of course, it's hypothetically possible but in terms of game plan, tactics, positioning, role, etc ... nearly impossible. He would somehow have to be named by match committee on the basis of his form for another team in a lower standard of competition and learn modifications/re-acquaint himself to the game plan in the space a day.
Ruck is one role where it might be possible. Ruck in our system is much the same as it is in most system. Move to stoppage. Compete. Try to get a kick behind or ahead of the play to provide an aerial contest. Repeat. Forward line duties a different story. I reckon you could play him first ruck with Cameron playing forward/ruck - I wouldn't do it though.

Ruck is one role where it might be possible. Ruck in our system is much the same as it is in most system. Move to stoppage. Compete. Try to get a kick behind or ahead of the play to provide an aerial contest. Repeat. Forward line duties a different story. I reckon you could play him first ruck with Cameron playing forward/ruck - I wouldn't do it though.
Rucks do more than that in our system.

No way could a state league player who hasn't played in the system for months walk up to become first ruck. Teakle actually lost his matchup against Liam Reidy in the WAFL. For context, Liam Reidy is yet to debut for Freo.

Agree - given the derision Ruckmen get that they don’t need to be Einsteins, it’s seems some here are making the role sound like Neurosurgery.
I think Teakle would more than comfortably fit into the role immediately especially having spent time at the Club.
And ironically I’d ask, who has a steeper learning curve to Ruck effectively, AJ and Krueger or Teakle.
Neurosurgery; more like rocket science.

Rucks do more than that in our system.

No way could a state league player who hasn't played in the system for months walk up to become first ruck. Teakle actually lost his matchup against Liam Reidy in the WAFL. For context, Liam Reidy is yet to debut for Freo.
With Jackson & Darcy ahead of him, I'm not surprised Reidy hasn't debuted for the Dockers.

Last edited:
I don’t think it would be too different to Murphy to be honest.

Moore would have to take the monsters but generally speaking Highmore would be fine picking up the second fiddle.

Or alternatively he plays as the third tall only playing as the second when Frampton rucks.
Frampton is an average KPF/Ruck at seconds level. He was recruited as a KPD and is doing nicely at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he’s better than Eyre and Dean. And Howe is almost finished.

He would be a great choice to replace Howe as the third longest term regardless
If the club thought highmore was better than eyre they would have made different decisions in February.

I'm happy to take a ruck but I don't care if it ends up being someone other than Teakle.

Anyone would think he's the next Gawn with all the Teakle this and Teakle that talk.

I'm all Teakled out.
Sorry to continue your Teakle Torment lol 😂 but just wondering if Teakle may be like Sullivan & Richards , nothing spectacular in the vfl, but look really comfortable at AFL level ….. just a thought & be great if it eventuates 😃

Sorry to continue your Teakle Torment lol 😂 but just wondering if Teakle may be like Sullivan & Richards , nothing spectacular in the vfl, but look really comfortable at AFL level ….. just a thought & be great if it eventuates 😃
The reason Teakle is being brought up is quite simple really.

We need a ruck, it's the msd on Wednesday, and we had him train with us during the ssp 😆

Had we known we would be 3 ruckmen down by May, I'm quite confident we would have selected him during the ssp instead of perhaps, Bytel.

He knows us, we know him. Hence the talk. Perfectly logical, imo.

Darcy has been injured …
So? Dockers play well with only 1 ruckman. In fact, Jackson has had his best games when Darcy wasn't playing.

They had no need to bring in another ruck, particularly not a debutant. Not every team plays with 2 dedicated ruckmen. Dees & Swans are perfect examples.

So? Dockers play well with only 1 ruckman. In fact, Jackson has had his best games when Darcy wasn't playing.

They had no need to bring in another ruck, particularly not a debutant. Not every team plays with 2 dedicated ruckmen. Dees & Swans are perfect examples.

Still need a Tall Forward

The reason Teakle is being brought up is quite simple really.

We need a ruck, it's the msd on Wednesday, and we had him train with us during the ssp 😆

Had we known we would be 3 ruckmen down by May, I'm quite confident we would have selected him during the ssp instead of perhaps, Bytel.

He knows us, we know him. Hence the talk. Perfectly logical, imo.
“Lock it in Eddie lol “
Let’s tell TradeDraft to start the welcome thread now & he,s a lock to play against the Dogs Fri ! 😁
The TeakleTrains 🚂🚂 in town , all aboard toot toot 🤣🤣

Well there could have been a case for blooding a young ruck given they usually play with one ruck. Of course there’s no requirement to play two.

However, the point remains that Reidy, 23 year old, state league ruck defeated Teakle. The others he’s been defeated by are all state leaguers at best and unsurprisingly, his most dominant performance was against West Coast who had kids playing.

I’m not sure about Teakle. Port shunted him and they were desperate for a ruckman. I am not across many of the options but fully expect the club to pull out an A grader. They’d better or it will be pitchfork time…
I want Corey Gault.

Surely we get Ben Reid to choose these picks for us 😀

Well there could have been a case for blooding a young ruck given they usually play with one ruck. Of course there’s no requirement to play two.

However, the point remains that Reidy, 23 year old, state league ruck defeated Teakle. The others he’s been defeated by are all state leaguers at best and unsurprisingly, his most dominant performance was against West Coast who had kids playing.
My world wouldn't crumble around me if we didn't take Teakle. i'm expecting someone out of the blue from Mr. hine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back