List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We need:
A ruck who can play as a rover;
A tall who can play small;
A small who can play tall;
A KPP who can be a utility;
A utility who can play back, fwd, ruck, rove, kick goals, mark, play inside and outside, add to the fwd line, add to the backline, assist an ageing midfield, who is fast and can run all day.

Simple really.

We need:
A utility who can play back, fwd, ruck, rove, kick goals, mark, play inside and outside, add to the fwd line, add to the backline, assist an ageing midfield, who is fast and can run all day.

Simple really.
So everything then.

No pressure lol

We need:

Simple really.
Oh, you mean number thirty-five...

I going to go out on a limb and nominate Corey Ellison as I think who we will draft in the MSD.

23 year old Williamstown 192cm KPF.
He had previously played at Casey as a KPD and has leadership qualities.
I can see him as a reverse Mihocek (recruited as a defender, played forward).
I liked the way he played at Casey and could see him as a 3rd tall defender in the AFL.

Listed here as 194cm which I think is wrong:
Casey days:

"Corey Ellison, Williamstown
The key-position player has thrived at Willy since making the move from Casey Demons, where he was a premiership player last season.
“He reminds me a little bit of Brody Mihocek,’’ Seagulls coach Justin Plapp says of the ex-Dandenong Stingray. Ellison has kicked 24 goals, including four against Richmond last Saturday."

I going to go out on a limb and nominate Corey Ellison as I think who we will draft in the MSD.

23 year old Williamstown 192cm KPF.
He had previously played at Casey as a KPD and has leadership qualities.
I can see him as a reverse Mihocek (recruited as a defender, played forward).
I liked the way he played at Casey and could see him as a 3rd tall defender in the AFL.

Listed here as 194cm which I think is wrong:
Casey days:

"Corey Ellison, Williamstown
The key-position player has thrived at Willy since making the move from Casey Demons, where he was a premiership player last season.
“He reminds me a little bit of Brody Mihocek,’’ Seagulls coach Justin Plapp says of the ex-Dandenong Stingray. Ellison has kicked 24 goals, including four against Richmond last Saturday."
I don't think we'll draft him. If we take a key forward, I think they'll have ruck as an ability as well given we're low in those stocks.

Midfielder Hugo Bromell’s move from Footscray to Coburg has brought him more opportunity and greater attention.

We have to draft this guy. His name sounds like a character from a 19th century gothic novel. The romantic hero…

But I doubt that Dekka is a fan of gothic novels.☹️

Teakle has nominated a long term (at least 18 months) contract
Others to nominated 18 months
Hutchy
Sofronidis

Sofronidis doesn’t want to be injured for the majority of a six-month contract.

giphy.gif

We may be keen on Lachlan Voss

[mention]Albert Parker [/mention] posted on him in the ‘23 National Draft thread. Has been very injury prone but sounds talented enough and certainly athletic enough. If Wade’s happy, so am I.

Teakle has nominated a long term (at least 18 months) contract
Others to nominated 18 months
Hutchy
Sofronidis
Realistically, we'd only take Hutchy out of that list. Kicking at 90% accuracy in the VFL this season, averages about a goal a game. We don't do six month contracts and unless we have a change to our list management, it won't be seen.

[mention]Albert Parker [/mention] posted on him in the ‘23 National Draft thread. Has been very injury prone but sounds talented enough and certainly athletic enough. If Wade’s happy, so am I.
Pro tip, if you want to mention someone you can throw an @ in front of their name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pro tip, if you want to mention someone you can throw an @ in front of their name

Thanks mate, I did do that but posting from Tapatalk so it probably bollocksed it up as usual.

We don't do six month contracts and unless we have a change to our list management, it won't be seen.
Yes that sample size of three players is certainly compelling. Like someone arriving at the North Pole in summer and saying “shit, the Sun never sets here, hey?!”.

He, Macrea and Sullivan always seemed to fight it out at the top of the stats sheet this year with Long shading them more often than not, but perhaps covering the ground is his weakness, we seem fanatical about every player on the list being able to do that.
His disposal is also a huge issue - misses to many targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back