List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our lowly MSD picks, are we any chance of getting our targets? Surely in such a shallow pool, if they’re any good then they’ll be gone the time our picks roll around?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given our lowly MSD picks, are we any chance of getting our targets? Surely in such a shallow pool, if they’re any good then they’ll be gone the time our picks roll around?

I'd say we're in with a chance. Many clubs above us already have set targets in mind, and it leaves players like Hutchinson or Pike as potential pickups for us. If we can't get one of those two, then I reckon we'll at least get the other and then either an Ajang Kuol Mun or Brynn Teakle.

Interesting. On the highlights he looks decent.

I guess we might find out if your assessment is accurate.

I don’t hate him, I just think he (and likely anyone else we pick up at this stage) is going to be depth and I’m seemingly less excited than everyone else on here. Hence it becomes very easy to justify one player’s selection over another’s.

Most teams who do take a pick will be picking for long term. We'll probably be looking for a tall more likely to contribute immediately than Krueger.

I haven't seen any of Geelong's VFL side - is Ajang Kuol Mun any good? I know he's listed at 206cms, and looks to be a decent size with a leap (see below), but I don't actually know anything about his play. His stats aren't world-beating.

4a51f808241cdb3f0044532893cf3d3d

Frampton is an average KPF/Ruck at seconds level. He was recruited as a KPD and is doing nicely at AFL level.

Frampton competed pretty handily in the ruck last year as the main man. Personally I think he’d be better and offer more in ruck than Teackle.

So as a second ruck up against second rucks he’d be fine.

Then IMO Highmore wouldn’t be any worse than Frampton as a key back. He could actually be better. Other than creating a structural reshuffle of Moore playing on the tall opposition key forwards more.

Can we please draft a KPF who will kick six goals on Friday night?
As much as it's great having a spread of goal kickers, it would be great to have a dangerous KPF that could kick 4+ a game, it would be a dream to have that and the crumbers (we currently have) kicking goals, we would be unstoppable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What attributes make him better?

Highmore is excellent at reading the play and a better intercept mark. Also has better speed to close down opponents and go third man up. Better ball use and rebound too.

Anyway thats my opinion. I’d rather have him than either Eyre or Dean.

Last edited:
Frampton is an average KPF/Ruck at seconds level. He was recruited as a KPD and is doing nicely at AFL level.
Frampton is finding his groove in our backline, him and Moore are working well together, once Frampton went into the ruck on Friday night, our backline suffered, Dean will be great and looked great on Friday night, but needs to build confidence.

As much as it's great having a spread of goal kickers, it would be great to have a dangerous KPF that could kick 4+ a game, it would be a dream to have that and the crumbers (we currently have) kicking goals, we would be unstoppable.
It would be great, but we’ve been missing 80% of our forward line for periods this season, and are still winning.

If Carlton lost only curnow, one player, they’d struggle to win games.

Not being as reliant on one player is a positive

It would be great, but we’ve been missing 80% of our forward line for periods this season, and are still winning.

If Carlton lost only curnow, one player, they’d struggle to win games.

Not being as reliant on one player is a positive
That would be my dream scenario (KPF and our current forwards), but would much prefer our current forward lineup than Carltons, as you stated, they lose Curnow, they will lose games and McKay would crumble under the pressure.

I can't wait to get McStay back, and Checkers and Elliot and JDG and WHE and Reef and Cox, even Howe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back