List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If we think he can play in the seniors, we should take him, no matter what position he plays. The hit rate of the MSD is shocking, very few of the these guys will make it. Same for the talls as well, if we think they are are a chance we should take them, but I'm not sure we should narrow down an already narrow pool by cutting out certain positions.

Last edited:
You can add will McLachlan and jasper skaife to the list . Joe Pyke also a ruck forward. I'm sure there's a couple more
Will McLachlan is 185cm... He's already a chance to go with one of the top picks in the MSD, but if he was a key forward, he'd be going #1 without question.

If we think he can play in the senoirs, we should take him, no matter what position he plays. The hit rate of the MSD is shocking, very few of the these guys will make it. Same for the talls as well, if we think they are are a chance we should take them, but I'm not sure we should narrow down an already narrow pool by cutting out certain positions.

This.

I doubt taking a ruck who will be not cut out for AFL standard is the right choice. Our injury list is that long we need players who can play now, at a decent standard

Isn't this the guy who was tearing the Bellarine Peninsula league apart as a key forward. I could be wrong about his height but he knows how to find a goal or two
Problem is he’ll want to go home to his mummy within a year.

Aren’t the Falcons under age? Is he 17?
Teams are allowed to have limited numbers of overage players within their Coates Talent League squads - McLachlan wasn't drafted last year, and returned as one of their overage players, as did Joe Pike, a young ruckman who's now tipped to get drafted in the MSD.

This is nothing new - Guys like Tyson Goldsack and Tom Langdon were drafted after being overage players in the TAC Cup teams, but they're extra valuable these days because they're eligible for the MSD, so teams can get them before the National Draft.

Isn't this the guy who was tearing the Bellarine Peninsula league apart as a key forward. I could be wrong about his height but he knows how to find a goal or two
You're 100% wrong about his height.

Collingwood names of interest:
YuAshwinDoncaster
TrentBiancoFootscray Bulldogs (VFL)
TylerBrownBox Hill Hawks (VFL)
ArloDraperSouth Adelaide
CampbellHustwaiteCasey Demons (VFL)
JackHutchinsonCollingwood (VFL)
NedLongCollingwood (VFL)
JeddLongmireCollingwood (VFL)
CooperMacDonaldCollingwood (VFL)
LiamMcMahonCarlton (VFL/VFLW)
CooperMurleyNorwood (SANFL)
RyePennyCollingwood (VFL)
TreyRuscoeWest Coast Eagles (West Australian Football League (WAFL)
KadenSchreiberBalwyn
SamSofronidisCollingwood (VFL)
RyanSparkesCollingwood (VFL)
JonathanTomasielloCollingwood (VFL)

Last edited:
Teams are allowed to have limited numbers of overage players within their Coates Talent League squads - McLachlan wasn't drafted last year, and returned as one of their overage players, as did Joe Pike, a young ruckman who's now tipped to get drafted in the MSD.

This is nothing new - Guys like Tyson Goldsack and Tom Langdon were drafted after being overage players in the TAC Cup teams, but they're extra valuable these days because they're eligible for the MSD, so teams can get them before the National Draft.

You're 100% wrong about his height.
I am 100percent happy to admit it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sold on Ryan looks vanilla and mediocre most of the time. But time will tell as our development team have just in recent times they are getting it right. TJ looks a prospect though .. again still erly days - hope he puts some meat on the bones!
As I’ve said in the VFL thread, I really hope they don’t just see him as a backman
Really think he needs to play through the centre / wing to show us if he can play
Just IMO

This.

I doubt taking a ruck who will be not cut out for AFL standard is the right choice. Our injury list is that long we need players who can play now, at a decent standard

Disagree.

If Cameron gets injured, we are cooked. We need a ruckman to at least compete and enable our structure to remain the same.

The improvement in terms of adding another small or upgrading an existing small would be marginal.

As I’ve said in the VFL thread, I really hope they don’t just see him as a backman
Really think he needs to play through the centre / wing to show us if he can play
Just IMO
He's trained a little on the wing, which I don't mind.

Disagree.

If Cameron gets injured, we are cooked. We need a ruckman to at least compete and enable our structure to remain the same.

The improvement in terms of adding another small or upgrading an existing small would be marginal.
Most of the rucks in the MSD are not ready to compete.

Brynn Teakle = Yes
Joe Pike = No
Will Elliott = No
Lucas Impey = No
Ajang Kuol Mun = No
Toby Murry = ? more a Fwd/2nd Ruck

If Cameron was injured Frampton, AJ or Kreuger would have to fill in.

Brynn Teakle = Yes
Joe Pike = No
Will Elliott = No
Lucas Impey = No
Ajang Kuol Mun = No

I think we know what we need to do. I dare not mention the name.

Brynn Teakle = Yes
Joe Pike = No
Will Elliott = No
Lucas Impey = No
Ajang Kuol Mun = No

Krueger will most likely be injured by then.

AJ struggles to compete as a second forward, let alone ruck.

Frampton rucking disrupts our backline.

So hopefully we get Teakle.

Hope we go with Patrick Weckert for an eye on the future being a key forward. Just coming off his best all round game of the year, 14 disposals, 10 marks on the weekend.
Seems clear that we will go for a ruckman with our first pick, but if he is available at our next selection, grab him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back