Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

North are doomed. They have a couple of decent young players Sheezel and Wardlaw but the rest are deadset hacks. Clarkson will be out by the end of next year guaranteed. Oh ! And Larkey.
I think they will be good eventually if they stay patient.

Their list is like GWS 2013-14 without the older superannuation guys.

I figure it because I assume Stephens wants to have a long AFL career, not just another two or three years.

And I don't think he would have just been offered a two year deal by us at the start of last year. He was in our best 22 round 1, so I imagine he could have easily had a 3 or 4 year deal.

Maybe financially it made more sense (who knows) but football wise and career wise, I think he made mistake going to North Melbourne over staying with us. Even if he would have had to fight for his spot.

there's one thing he could do to ensure that ...

Larkey's gotta go for multiple weeks for that.

They are rubbing blokes out for accidental dangerous tackles and this one was clearly a deliberate action and the players head has hit the ground

Thug act

yeah, that looked pretty bad ... probably not something that would've been considered too bad in another era, but these days that has to draw a penalty ... or you could be sam draper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both hands were free. That's part of the criteria.
I don't care if the Carlton player had nine hands and they were all free, you cannot sling someone head-first onto the ground off the ball. Unlike the many, many fair tackles that have accidentally gone the wrong way, there was only one way Larkey's action was ever going to go.

I don't care if the Carlton player had nine hands and they were all free, you cannot sling someone head-first onto the ground off the ball. Unlike the many, many fair tackles that have accidentally gone the wrong way, there was only one way Larkey's action was ever going to go.
I agree and was being flippant. How many weeks for that? 2?

I just think they need to be patient tbh.

It would be great to get a Gulden or Bont or ... Florent, but their improvement will eventually come from the guys already on their list 23 and under. Going to take another couple of years though I think.

They remind me a little bit of early GWS, where if it happens, it could happen really quickly.

I think they need a bit of protection and leadership in there personally.

Could come on quick but do not have the old heads like GWS did

To me it seems like incompetence that they can go into a season with their back six

How do you let that happen

Last edited:
I think they need a bit of protection and leadership in there personally.

Could come on quick but do not have the old heads like GWS did
Those old heads aren't coming though, so they kind of have to play with the hand they have been dealt.

No really really good player in the prime of their career is going to North.

Kane Cornes is going to have a field day with Zac Fisher going around taking photos with Carlton players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back