Opinion 2024 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Should i keep Sexton or Lazarro, one has to go for Dempsey

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should i keep Sexton or Lazarro, one has to go for Dempsey

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do they though?

If you are jettisoning either of those players when they have made barely any money yet, you are banking on Dempsey earning a significant amount more than them to actually justify the opportunity cost of burning a trade. Think you are getting blindsided by Dempsey's spike game which comes out after this week. Dempsey is good odds to drop a 40 like Lazzaro or Sexton has in the next few games considering the role he has, and either of them are also capable of similar spike games.

Unless it allows you to bridge the gap between a failed pick and a good cash gen player (e.g. Bonner -> Powell), or add an extra premium to your team, don't think it's worth it.

Do they though?

If you are jettisoning either of those players when they have made barely any money yet, you are banking on Dempsey earning a significant amount more than them to actually justify the opportunity cost of burning a trade. Think you are getting blindsided by Dempsey's spike game which comes out after this week. Dempsey is good odds to drop a 40 like Lazzaro or Sexton has in the next few games considering the role he has, and either of them are also capable of similar spike games.

Unless it allows you to bridge the gap between a failed pick and a good cash gen player (e.g. Bonner -> Powell), or add an extra premium to your team, don't think it's worth it.

But most would trade one for McKerch tho .
Then Darcy Jr up next week ...

Because you can almost guarantee McKercher is going to make WAY more money than Lazarro, so the opportunity cost is worth it. Lazarro and Dempsey I see as much of a muchness, so why burn the trade?

I'm not trading those guys...

But ...yeah keep those till they maxed out .
Sexton needs some good scores ..

I'm not trading those guys...

But ...yeah keep those till they maxed out .
Sexton needs some good scores ..
Yeah I know, it was in response to the other guy wanting to move them on for Dempsey.

Sexton will still make decent coin if he keeps up this 60-odd average. 60 is priced at around $300k, no? Still has $120k to make. Dempsey is surely just a sideways trade.

Yeah I know, it was in response to the other guy wanting to move them on for Dempsey.

Sexton will still make decent coin if he keeps up this 60-odd average. 60 is priced at around $300k, no? Still has $120k to make. Dempsey is surely just a sideways trade.
I have Ollie Dempsey I hope he can make the biscuits for me ..

If S.Darcy goes good again we'll have a find away to bring him in.

I have Ollie Dempsey I hope he can make the biscuits for me ..

If S.Darcy goes good again we'll have a find away to bring him in.
Yep, I started Dempsey as well, and think he will be a good pick too, just wouldn't be getting rid of Sexton or Lazzaro for him.

The problem with Darcy is that you generally can't fit ALL of the good cash gen options in your team and need to ignore some of them. Some are crucial to setting up your team quickly, while others are just as good as any other. The million dollar question here is: is he this year's Chandler, or just a JVR-type?

Last edited:
Yep, I started Dempsey as well, and think he will be a good pick too, just wouldn't be getting rid of Sexton or Lazzaro for him.

The problem with Darcy is that you generally can't fit ALL of the good cash gen options in your team and need to ignore some of them. Some are crucial to setting up your team quickly, while others are just as good as any other. The million dollar question here is: is he this year's Chandler, or a JVR-type?

I think I have a option for Darcy ...

Let's see how he goes this week ...

Bramble has been good but not too keen on him at his price when he is sharing chips with Dale, JJ & Richards. How much can he make compared to Mass or rookies. No chance of being a keeper
If it’s a toss up between Bramble and Pink to play on field in a decimated defence though? Bramble’s set to make more money than Pink, and should score much better (granted it’s best 18 anyway) and would hopefully serve as a upgrade target in a few weeks to a premo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan vs Serong vs Butters?
Butters .....just looks elite, and has that arrogance, star players have ...and with the gather round, PORT have so many home games

You can't go amiss with any of these TBH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back