Training 2024 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 didn't bring the success we were after, but with the trade period over, the draft on the horizon and players returning to training, time to kick off this thread again

We've got dedicated thread for discussion of all things pre-season - open training sessions, reports, rumours, who's about to break out year and even the dreaded 'I' word, etc

Be it photos, insights, predictions or whatever else relates to the pre-season, have at it

And to start off our pre-season, today we welcomed back 1st - 4th year players, and Blicavs

Knevitt looks to have grown an inch and put on a fraction of size.

Now he just needs a yard or two of pace.

Petition to insert a poll on which player will be the first to have a puff piece article written, double points if it includes the words 'Training the house down'.

Early contenders are Neale, Dempsey, Bruhn, Knevitt & Clark for mine. Conway will come with a bullet through January, but is on restricted minutes you'd think by all reports.

Petition to insert a poll on which player will be the first to have a puff piece article written, double points if it includes the words 'Training the house down'.

Early contenders are Neale, Dempsey, Bruhn, Knevitt & Clark for mine. Conway will come with a bullet through January, but is on restricted minutes you'd think by all reports.
mullin

Cam Guthrie

It's great to see Willis and Clark out on the track.

Your boy is looking in great nick. Could be the tan and the facial hair, but he looks like he's aged 3 years (in a good way) in 3 months.
I said he plays a bit like Bartel now he has the same tan/2 day growth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your boy is looking in great nick. Could be the tan and the facial hair, but he looks like he's aged 3 years (in a good way) in 3 months.

Clark looks good. Dempsey and knevitt look like they have added size which is really pleasing.

Bruhn looks like he is big and strong through the shoulders too which is a good sign.

Clark looks good. Dempsey and knevitt look like they have added size which is really pleasing.

Bruhn looks like he is big and strong through the shoulders too which is a good sign.
Only early days, but looks like a really determined group with a sour taste left in their mouths with how 2023 eventuated.

Stuff like this really hammers that home. Who knows what 2024 holds, but if it doesn't go to plan, it won't be from a lack of effort.

Ok. Back to my preseason track watcher feedback.

Day 2 was great. Shuttle run and unusually heavy contest footy this early for the young boys.

In shuttle knevitte and dempsey lead the group. In fact scratcher drew short straw to run with them (they go in threes) and blew himself up! This year Mitch pipped Dempsey by a second (reversing last year where they got second and third to Bowes).

Both of them smashed PBs and last years. In fact we’re only a few seconds off the record from Blitz. Both beating miers as the next best historically.

Jye ran very well and Max and tanner had a PB by a bunch. So all happy with the running.

In contest it was the same two that impressed. Dempsey has bulked up by 3-4km and Knevitte looked super fit.

Willis looked promising too

Genuine excitement amongst the coaches for this batch of players.

Of course tempered by the fact that everybody flying first week. But…I can only report what I heard.

Understand that noise is pressure is on the “older” group in 2 weeks to respond to the challenge of the young ones who came back ready and better.

Go 🐱

I believe that's a furphy.
They did try and get his younger brother who would have been great…but he is going to make a bucket load in NBA soon. So we can just settle and hope for older brother. Who was a great basketballer (played with Dempsey older brothers) and I think just a later maturer than his younger sibling. He is high risk but could be a real suprise if he works. Good punt in my view

Knevitt looks to have grown an inch and put on a fraction of size.

Now he just needs a yard or two of pace.
He won the shuttle yesterday pipping Dempsey (after being third last year behind Bowes and Dempsey)…not a true test of speed but combination of speed and endurance. I have high hopes for Mitch. Maybe still a build in 2024 but ready for an explosion in 2025 or 2026

But I hope he doesnt go through that Ned Kelly full beard phase. Love Bartel but couldn’t accept that phase in his life! (Although yes some of it was for a very good cause)
Jimmy is a very handsome man, but even he couldn't pull that look off!!

Great cause though as you mention. Just a special human being all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back