Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Couldn't give a stuff who they have out or playing

Focus needs to be with what our game should look like, play to our strengths and minimise our weaknesses

I would go even harder with our frontal pressure, but ensure Weitering is the deepest player on the park at all times, goal keeper style

Cunners doesn’t do enough imo…great skills and can be very good at times but more often than not can easily go missing.

I wouldn’t give him (or marchy) another contract. Replace them with more robust types. Our flag window is wide open - can’t carry too many injuries now
D.C. is a lot better defensively than many give him credit for. His game is more than just how many touches that he gets. If he was playing last week and sealed up a couple of their fast breaks the outcome may have been different. More than happy to give him a chance to earn another contract . If he plays the next 16 games in a row and contributes to our success surely he's better value than putting a pick in the 60's or 70's into the system and giving them a few years to see if they are up to it. If his body can't stand up to it it's probably goodbye.

I think a wing needs to be able to run more than 12kms a game. Zac doesn't have the tank for wing.

I agree, Zac's strength is his burst, not sustained efforts to play on a wing.

Plenty of guys that have better tanks, even Weitering would eclipse him for endurance

HB, HF or a few rotations through the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D.C. is a lot better defensively than many give him credit for. His game is more than just how many touches that he gets. If he was playing last week and sealed up a couple of their fast breaks the outcome may have been different. More than happy to give him a chance to earn another contract . If he plays the next 16 games in a row and contributes to our success surely he's better value than putting a pick in the 60's or 70's into the system and giving them a few years to see if they are up to it. If his body can't stand up to it it's probably goodbye.
Yeah he’s really struggled with injuries in recent years.

If he strings a run of good games from here on in club may give him another contract.

Also need to be mindful of Austin finding some gems for cheap…

Cunners doesn’t do enough imo…great skills and can be very good at times but more often than not can easily go missing.

I wouldn’t give him (or marchy) another contract. Replace them with more robust types. Our flag window is wide open - can’t carry too many injuries now
Cunners does a lot for of centre in blocking, tackling and putting on forward pressure. He’s also more experienced in positioning himself within the press and or zone. We should be able to defend turnover better with him in the side (as well as Fantasia).

His other advantages come with his kicking. He knows exactly where the forwards want it.

Durdin - I thought he had a good game, at least the first half

At times there are aspects of a player's game that doesn't register on the stats sheet, such as covering an outlet, leading to open up space behind/around you, etc

Unfortunately, didn't apply the pressure needed, substandard execution, but did get into reasonable positions

Interesting to see if Fly cuts his nose to spite his face by placing Naicos in the midfield in view of Titch and De Gropey being out, or if he leaves his quarterback in the back half so he doesn't get bullied in the middle

Interesting to see if Fly cuts his nose to spite his face by placing Naicos in the midfield in view of Titch and De Gropey being out, or if he leaves his quarterback in the back half so he doesn't get bullied in the middle

They'll use him in a number of positions to shake any attention, but whoever is near him at any point in time, needs to have an arm across his chest to minimise his running space

Whenever he is playing as a defender, we need to look at playing through his man

Daicos just won't defend the player he stands on at any stoppage at any point

Reckon he will. And I reckon Hewett or Cripps will go straight to him at every stoppage to make him accountable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back