FF: Thilthorp, Fogarty, McAdam
HF: Rankine, Walker, Rachele
C: Soligo, Crouch, Jones
HB: Smith, Worrell, Milera
FB: Hinge, Butts, Michelanney

R: ROB, Dawson, Laird

Inter: Keays, Pedlar, Berry, Dowling
Sub: Nankervis

Emergency: Borlase, Keane, Schoenberg, ?
Unavailable: Doedee, Murray

Dowling: The kid looks like he is ready.
Sloane: Not sure the club can justify not selecting anyone in my team for Sloane. I'm sure they will but they will look stupid for it.

We have some decent depth. Shows since McHenry and Sholl aren't in the emergencies.

I think we need Berry to come back in. He is a serviceable midfielder. We need him to step up to force Sloane out of the side.

Unavailable: Doedee, Murray, Jones?, Schoenberg?, Taylor?
Gone: McAdam, Crouch

B: Worrell, Butts, Michelanney
HB: Hinge, Keane, Milera
C: Soligo, Dawson, Sholl (Jones if available)
HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
F: Murphy, Fogarty, Rankine
R: ROB, Laird, Sloane
IC: Thilthorpe, Smith, Nankervis, Pedlar
Sub: Berry

Last edited:

C: Soligo, Dawson, Sholl

Is this the team you want or the team you think?

Jones and Taylor will be right to go by february next year.

Sholl won't be in the team. I hope we trade him. I hope we also trade ROB and bring in a better ruck as well. I would be surprised if we didn't target a KPD like Cox from Freo. We need some depth in that spot and would play Cox over Butts quite easily. I would also bring in Grundy if we got him for a late 2nd and Collingwood still keep paying whatever they are paying. I reckon Crouch and Doedee will leave.

I would go with:

Worrell Cox? Michalanney
Hinge Murray(when fit)/Keane Milera
Jones(when fit)/Nank Dawson Thilthorpe
McAdam Walker Rachele
Rankine Fogarty Gollant

Grundy? Soligo Pedlar

Keays Laird Berry Murphy

Last edited:
Sholl won't be in the team. I hope we trade him. I hope we also trade ROB and bring in a better ruck as well. I would be surprised if we didn't target a KPD like Cox from Freo. We need some depth in that spot and would play Cox over Butts quite easily.

The issue we have is squad depth. Could take the opportunity though to trade him back to Victoria. Wont get much for him. Maybe a pick in the 50s. Im not even sure a side would trade for him. May need to be a delisted FA

FF: Thilthorp, Fogarty, McAdam
HF: Rankine, Walker, Rachele
C: Soligo, Crouch, Jones
HB: Smith, Worrell, Milera
FB: Hinge, Butts, Michelanney

R: ROB, Dawson, Laird

Inter: Keays, Pedlar, Berry, Dowling
Sub: Nankervis

Emergency: Borlase, Keane, Schoenberg, ?
Unavailable: Doedee, Murray

Dowling: The kid looks like he is ready.
Sloane: Not sure the club can justify not selecting anyone in my team for Sloane. I'm sure they will but they will look stupid for it.

We have some decent depth. Shows since McHenry and Sholl aren't in the emergencies.

I think we need Berry to come back in. He is a serviceable midfielder. We need him to step up to force Sloane out of the side.

Looking at your team it still feels like a transition team, in that round 1 2024 will not be our round 22 team 2024.

The midfield clearly is our deficiency, Crouch, Dawson, Laird and ROB is 2 dimensional (Dawson is something different) - but we need pace in there.

Looking at this team I hope Crouch gets a big offer from another club. I actually felt he was better than Laird in the back end, but we're not getting rid of Laird. At least Laird can play half back if needed.

Nankervis is our Will Day, needs to be starting half back.

Smith out by the end of the year will be ideal, and I think Keane is more aggressive than Butts which we need.

Keays a sub, and then if the young guys gets tired again can do what he did this year, but can't start best 22.

August feels a little early for this but this is where we are us a club, holidays in September again.

Looking at your team it still feels like a transition team, in that round 1 2024 will not be our round 22 team 2024.

The midfield clearly is our deficiency, Crouch, Dawson, Laird and ROB is 2 dimensional (Dawson is something different) - but we need pace in there.

Looking at this team I hope Crouch gets a big offer from another club. I actually felt he was better than Laird in the back end, but we're not getting rid of Laird. At least Laird can play half back if needed.

Nankervis is our Will Day, needs to be starting half back.

Smith out by the end of the year will be ideal, and I think Keane is more aggressive than Butts which we need.

Keays a sub, and then if the young guys gets tired again can do what he did this year, but can't start best 22.

August feels a little early for this but this is where we are us a club, holidays in September again.

I agree with you. But its my estimate on where our squads at and where Nicks mindsets at. I would love to see more imagination from Nicks at selection especially if Dowling and Nankervis blitz in Preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the teams look okay but a bit too much of the same for me.

We are not bringing in a big recruits so I am not really sure how we improve outside the 'organic growth'.

Sure the younger guys could improve but half the clubs in the competition will say the same.

Still a number of best 22 players you'd hope to see get even better. And a bunch that improved this year to hit what must be close to their ceilings. Those are all good signs.

One big problem is we need a 2nd true midfield gun to work with Dawson.
Nearly every decent team has at least 2 of those guys who are in the AA conversation in a big year.
Laird needs to be the 3rd best midfielder in the team. Crouch needs to go, despite playing well. Agree he was better than Laird in the last few games.

Where is this guy gonna come from? Rankine? Pedlar? Soligo? Or trade one in.

Assuming Crouch gone, Doedee gone. No trade-ins includes

B: Michalanney, Butts, Worrell
HB: Milera, Keane, Hinge
C: Jones, Dawson, Smith
F: Rankine, Fogarty, McAdam
R: ROB, Laird, Soligo
I/C: 2023 FRP, Nankervis, Pedlar, Thilthorpe
Sub: Sloane (at the very least he’ll be sub, unfortunately)

Edit: Schoenberg out with the recent news, FRP (hopefully a mid) in

Last edited:
Still a number of best 22 players you'd hope to see get even better. And a bunch that improved this year to hit what must be close to their ceilings. Those are all good signs.

One big problem is we need a 2nd true midfield gun to work with Dawson.
Nearly every decent team has at least 2 of those guys who are in the AA conversation in a big year.
Laird needs to be the 3rd best midfielder in the team. Crouch needs to go, despite playing well. Agree he was better than Laird in the last few games.

Where is this guy gonna come from? Rankine? Pedlar? Soligo? Or trade one in.
Soligo and Pedlar will be elite.

Assuming Crouch gone, Doedee gone. No trade-ins includes

B: Michalanney, Butts, Worrell
HB: Milera, Keane, Hinge
C: Jones, Dawson, Smith
R: ROB, Laird, Schoenberg
I/C: Soligo, Nankervis, Pedlar, Thilthorpe
Sub: Sloane (at the very least he’ll be sub, unfortunately)

I'm taking your side, but dropping Smith, elevating Nankervis to a wing role, and bringing in our first round draft pick to the bench

I like how everyone has Sloane out of our side, but deep down we all know that unless he's injured he'll more than likely be a lock for Round 1.
I bloody hope not. Why should he be treated differently from other squad members though? If he was a 1st or 2nd year player putting out what he produces onfield would he be getting picked?

B: Michalanney, Butts, Keane
HB: Milera, Worrell, Laird
C: Jones, Crouch, Hinge
R: Thilthorpe, Dawson, Pedlar
I: Nankervis, Taylor, Soligo, O'Brien
Sub: Smith
E: Himmelberg, Gollant, Cook

Unavailable: Murray, Doedee, Schoenberg

Now who did I forget...

Remove this Banner Ad