Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't waste time worrying about SC :p

But seriously, why would I not be able to trade him then? I have Heeney, Grundy, Jordon, and Daicos on that bye, I probably need to trade someone. If I get multiple injuries then they are more important to deal with and I hold Grundy.

If not, and he looks like a trade I'll trade Grundy to someone. But he has Richmond and WC the next two weeks, every chance he scores well.

Just imo, but folk swapping premo's this week are mad. This is the time for getting your cash gen sorted, otherwise you will run out of money with upgrades left to do.
Broadly agree. That said, if you had Young and didn't have Sheezel would you make that move or use that trade to move say a Martin > Carroll and keep a war chest for next week? I think if you have an obvious must have premo missed like Green or Sheez it's ok to correct if the player you thought was a premo may not be.

Last edited:

But seriously, why would I not be able to trade him then? I have Heeney, Grundy, Jordon, and Daicos on that bye, I probably need to trade someone. If I get multiple injuries then they are more important to deal with and I hold Grundy.

If not, and he looks like a trade I'll trade Grundy to someone. But he has Richmond and WC the next two weeks, every chance he scores well.

Just imo, but folk swapping premo's this week are mad. This is the time for getting your cash gen sorted, otherwise you will run out of money with upgrades left to do.
Sure you might be able to, but I guess I’m talking more about my team where I can go Grundy to Xerri which allows me to get Powell and Ryan. Focus on getting Touk/flanders over the next 2 weeks, while Xerri keeps making money.

I can definitely see it backfiring but I also think there’s a scenario where I have to hold Grundy, Daicos, Heeney, potentially Jordon if he spikes v wce etc.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 12.50.19 pm.png

Originally I'd planned to do:
SBerry > McKercher
Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Martin > Powell

However with Lyons being dropped Martin is no longer a must trade out as I don't need the extra mid space cleared, so I'll get rid of Young instead as he's likely to drop more cash + is scoring worse than Martin.

Young > D'Ambrosio
Lyons > McKercher
Sexton > Powell (will be SBerry instead if he's dropped)

This obviously makes the defence very weak and only 5 on-field this round, but 3 of the next 4 rounds are best 22 and then after that we get DPPs so I think I can get away with it, plus the 284k in the bank should allow me to do something next week like:

SBerry > Darcy
Coffield > Def Rookie
Martin (or someone) > Tom Green

That is exactly the reasoning given by most people for crazy trades. I'm up so high I need to trade like a wounded bull.
Trades fall into 2 categories good and bad. Rank does not make bad trades good it plays zero part. Ask any of the guys that finish the season high every year if that trade is good.
I'm guessing I will know the answer.

Agree to disagree on this. Good luck

Not to mention Grundy is 2 games removed from a 139 and near BOG performance. He had a shocker against the Pies, but even in the Essendon game, he had a poor first half and was one of the key difference makers in the second half.

Appears to pretty much be back to his best. Can easily see him turning it around and going 110+.

should i boost to trade amon to steele?

Already done young -> NWM
and Gibcus -> Massimo
Not super urgent as Amon has only slightly underperformed based on his price and 85 avge is a decent onfield score.

But 35-odd extra points per game from an underpriced Steele is certainly enticing!

R2 DJ TEAM.png

Have risen up 20k ranks to now sit just inside the Top 10k at 9,678th overall. Far cry from the slow start at 47K in Round 2 last season! :drunk:

Young gets corrected to NWM, who has looked super impressive and even moreso with Sinclair back in the team as someone who could push for Top 6-8 in DEF.

This also gives me much needed coin to fund my plans for next week with $89K in the bank: I hold Martin this round, and hopefully he can hold around his price and then I flip him to Flanders coming off his bye.

Also investing in another more solid cashcow in Sharp (just pips Dempsey) and in comes Powell, hoping he can be a solid playing cashcow.

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 12.25.26 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kick the can down the road one more week for Serong and pay the difference next week (Sexton, Windsor to Serong, Darcy) or get Serong this week, and pay the difference for Powell next week? The $$$ numbers suggest it's an easy choice, but I cannot handle one more week without Serong when he was in my team all pre season. Thoughts?

Not to mention Grundy is 2 games removed from a 139 and near BOG performance. He had a shocker against the Pies, but even in the Essendon game, he had a poor first half and was one of the key difference makers in the second half.

Appears to pretty much be back to his best. Can easily see him turning it around and going 110+.
His SuperCoach score didn’t reflect BOG at half time against the Dees fwiw. You could argue he’s only really had one good half so far this year. I’m probably holding but he’s been far from impressive.

SC kenties need to remember with the staggered start theres always some good rooks that debut in round 2/3,
poor rooks on the bubble this week aren't so important this week.

Only must haves were Howes, Roberts and Cadman.

There's a whole crop next week to that could easily out score the average rooks this week...looking at you defence rookies
other than Mass.

SC kenties need to remember with the staggered start thers always some good rook that debut in round 2/3 rooks on the bubble this week aren't so important this week.

Only must haves were Howes, Roberts and Cadman.

There's a whole crop next week to that could easily out score the average rooks this week...looking at you defence rookies
other than Mass.
Who in particular are you thinking will present as decent bubble boys next week? Darcy and...

Last edited:
Broadly agree. That said, if you had Young and didn't have Sheezel would you make that move or use that trade to move say a Martin > Carroll and keep a war chest for next week? I think if you have an obvious must have premo missed like Green or Sheez it's ok to correct if the player you thought was a premo may not be.
Maybe Sheezel. Green is a bit different, even allowing he's not an option this week. He's played North and WC, and doesn't do that again, so those buying him (including myself at some point) have missed those scores. He WILL drop at some point though, you just have to make him a priority when he's back around $600k.

I may well be wrong, and it's obviously team dependent, but cash gen should be the top priority this week.

Kick the can down the road one more week for Serong and pay the difference next week (Sexton, Windsor to Serong, Darcy) or get Serong this week, and pay the difference for Powell next week? The $$$ numbers suggest it's an easy choice, but I cannot handle one more week without Serong when he was in my team all pre season. Thoughts?
im also in this same shite creek. serong barely left my team all preseason. was swapped to rowell which has been ok.

i was set on grabbing serong last week. but went with heeney instead.

was set on serong this week. grabbed powell instead.

watch serong be #1 sc player this year. fmsc.

His SuperCoach score didn’t reflect BOG at half time against the Dees fwiw. You could argue he’s only really had one good half so far this year. I’m probably holding but he’s been far from impressive.
It doesn't matter what score he was on at half time. You get points for all 4 quarters, not a half of football. Had a very good second half against the Bombers too, which helped turn the game.

I agree he hasn't quite been at the level we'd hope for Supercoach, but he's played 3 games with a new midfield and was either best or second best on ground in one of them (Heeney was better IMO, but you could argue Grundy's dominance in the second half of that game was what got us over the line).

He won't get double-teamed every week like he has the last 2 weeks and his fitness compared to other rucks will become a bigger factor. Neither Richmond or the Eagles will play 2 AFL-quality rucks like Collingwood and Essendon.

It doesn't matter what score he was on at half time. You get points for all 4 quarters, not a half of football. Had a very good second half against the Bombers too, which helped turn the game.

I agree he hasn't quite been at the level we'd hope for Supercoach, but he's played 3 games with a new midfield and was either best or second best on ground in one of them (Heeney was better IMO, but you could argue Grundy's dominance in the second half of that game was what got us over the line).

He won't get double-teamed every week like he has the last 2 weeks and his fitness compared to other rucks will become a bigger factor. Neither Richmond or the Eagles will play 2 AFL-quality rucks like Collingwood and Essendon.
I mean you used a good second half to argue your point for the Essendon game but it can also be used as a negative that he hasn’t played 4 solid quarters yet.

An argument over Grundy being good or not (he hasn’t) isn’t the point anyway, chances are most aren’t holding past his bye, so hypotheticals about how he could average 110 eventually is basically irrelevant.

Agree to disagree on this. Good luck
Is Don is good .

Buttox is also good .

food lover chubby kid GIF by beinglatino

I mean you used a good second half to argue your point for the Essendon game but it can also be used as a negative that he hasn’t played 4 solid quarters yet.

An argument over Grundy being good or not (he hasn’t) isn’t the point anyway, chances are most aren’t holding past his bye, so hypotheticals about how he could average 110 eventually is basically irrelevant.
Why is Grundy not a hold past his bye?

It is relevant. There's no need to trade him when he reaches his bye if he scores well over the next 2 weeks. If that's the case, people can trade him if they want, but I'd be confident that they're neglecting far more pressing issues if that's what they choose to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back